corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my coombe vids

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my coombe vids
Ojc

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure? How sure? Positive? As in positive like Davey was about clear coat or a 50/50?

Give me a kiss.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

98% sure.

Something to do with warning the people behined you your really really getting on the anchors hard.

Hard enough to be really on teh brakes, but not too much for the abs to come in, its quite close though.

I get what your saying about binning it, but honestly, get the car straight (for the first few times) and really really get on them.

I think the pedal drops too low for my liking (I like firm pedals/levers) but they really do stop the car when pushed, and they last quite a while as well before fading. Depends on the track.

xx
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i beg your pardon
Warren G

26th Apr 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my abs was cutting in
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Are you sure? How sure? Positive? As in positive like Davey was about clear coat or a 50/50?

positive as in like how he told JR about how he could improve his Nurburgring lap
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you shitting me about the brakes lasting? They are fucking awful as standard.

Even with Mintex 1144 pads, cooling ducts, 5.1 fluid, braided lines and vented discs they are better but not great.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really warren? Something not right there then.

ABS should only really cut in on a slippery surface or if you stamp to hard initially on the brakes. Progressive braking (even really hard) should never kick in the abs on the dry.

If it is, its either the braking style, or theres an issue with the ABS.

I've only ever had the ABS kick in when i've intentionally done it.
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

positive as in like how he told JR about how he could improve his Nurburgring lap

LOLZ
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Are you shitting me about the brakes lasting? They are fucking awful as standard.

Even with Mintex 1144 pads, cooling ducts, 5.1 fluid, braided lines and vented discs they are better but not great.

Thats why I said it depends on the circuit, and also how long your out for.

1400kg is a lot of weight to slow down, but generally i used to give it 5 odd laps hardcore, then take a lap or 2 to cool them off, and then get back on it etc.

Might be just that i've not run the car constently hard for a full 20 minute session so my brake fade experience probably isn't up on what you lot have.

The corsa used to fade big time though after some hard usage (even on those V6's! )

Not even going to warrant a reply to the other runt.

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by VXR]
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I could do about 5 laps of Bedford before I needed to come in and cool them back down again.

As standard coming into Paddock Hill bend at Brands they were horrendously dangerous after 3 laps or so.

I didn't get any fading at Combe on Saturday for a change which was nice. I've fitted the ducts on Friday so maybe they made just enough of a difference to last the distance.
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh see on my cool downs I simply dont use the brakes at all, just potter down the straights on the side and just carry on at speed round the bends without braking.

Have a crack, makes for a fun experience, without the pace of the straightline as you approach a bend without trying to tap the brakes at all

I wanna do brands in the astra really badly. Never gone round Paddock in real anger in 4 wheels

I just can't see it though Too expensive and also shes got 55k on her now (although i honestly think it would cope fine, its pure cash, or lack of it )

Coombe looked a good day, and anyway, as long as your happy with the pace, doesn't really matter, as none of us race for a living anyway (we can dream )
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i race benelli lawnmower 50cc's for a living
Ojc

26th Apr 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm satisfied with my pace, if I get a few more days work with my dad I might get some Alcons or AP's but like the intercooler they are so expensive for no apparent reason.
Warren G

26th Apr 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Really warren? Something not right there then.

ABS should only really cut in on a slippery surface or if you stamp to hard initially on the brakes. Progressive braking (even really hard) should never kick in the abs on the dry.

If it is, its either the braking style, or theres an issue with the ABS.

I've only ever had the ABS kick in when i've intentionally done it.

astra tc/abs is the worst system ever (astra g)

id say its hard braking/very hard braking

Warren G

26th Apr 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great.

so iv got a punture, looks like the heat in tread movement has pushed a repair back in

and now split inner CV joint.
Leighton

26th Apr 10 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blame JR for that he ragged it out of combe !!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is exactly why i said to someone the other day i wouldnt consider using a puncutre repaired tyre on track, i was told i was being silly
jr

26th Apr 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton

blame warren for telling me to
Fro

26th Apr 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Leighton

I can believe this as i remember when i drove his corsa at PVS he kept telling me to floor it while we were in the mudy fields
Spanishfly

26th Apr 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren is a sexgod.
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I even annouced to the others that this is what was happening he is just too predictable

VXR I have put all my pics in the today at coombe thread

On the subject of abs I used to have it kicking in loads on the corsa as it was a bit crap. Had it a little in the ctr when I was properly pushing it at brands.
VTS I havent even had a word from but as its got GTI-6 brakes the abs might not even be wired up

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my abs on almost constantly when my sensor was playng up the other day

bit unnerving driving about then suddenly the brake pedal goes mad and you have little braking
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for things like track days I would rather it not be there

But for day to day use its something I like to have. One of the things that put me off of a 172 cup.

Could you just take the fuse out to disable it or is that not a good idea

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Daimo B

26th Apr 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Whispers " the voices told me to do it"

Cheers Gav, will nose now
Graham88

26th Apr 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Yep Butler experienced my worst nightmare at Lydden, I was going to go on track that day but as soon as I turned up I got bad vibes, looked like Whacky Racers out there.

That was it, Lydden, couldn't for the life of me remember!

The show is in a few days again. Apparently theyve changed things have changed following last year. I wont be there to find out!

I am there on Monday for BHP show, with track time
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
this is exactly why i said to someone the other day i wouldnt consider using a puncutre repaired tyre on track, i was told i was being silly

I agree

On the subject of ABS on track though, even on my Fiesta with 4 pots up front I found the only time ABS came on was braking into bends with one of the rear wheels was cocking slightly and the car thought that it would be helpful to brake for me, it wasn't.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my coombe vids 23 database queries in 0.0159390 seconds