corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8emm9f9xDE

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by DannyB]
richc

3rd Aug 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really dont see why everyone gives x4oas (or what ever his name is) a hard time? Or have a missed something?
gtitim

3rd Aug 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
I really dont see why everyone gives x4oas (or what ever his name is) a hard time? Or have a missed something?

The content of his posts
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
And that was what to do with this thread? That was me involved in that incident and just me, so what does that have to do with black flagging, undertaking, overtaking? Seems like you just wanted to drop it in there to have some sort of dig

absolutely not, i would never use anyones misfortune of an accident to have a dig, the point was that you are defensive of luke quite a lot, and share a similar sort of attitude, albeit nowhere near as bad and i dont actually have a problem with you as i do luke lol.

I figured it would come across as a dig, i think you are a sound guy, and im sorry that it did, there was not really any other way i could try and make the comparison using your example without it sounding like a dig. It wasnt intended as so,

the crash was imo a reflection of the attitude, if it wasnt down to that then there would have been no need for comments from us saying take it easy, when you said that you couldnt wait to get out there and thrash your car round the ring. That mentality was an accident waiting to happen and unfortunately for you ended up like it did.

Luke shares a similar, and to a great extent much much worse attitude, and ultimately chances are will end up with the misfortune you had, or worse.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by Steve]
strick206

3rd Aug 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At 5:20 do you really say "they don't understand this is a supercar do they" (either you or your mate)

Oh, and i hope whoever was speaking the most was putting that voice on, because they sound like the 'angry kid' videos.

Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
the crash was imo a reflection of the attitude, if it wasnt down to that then there would have been no need for comments from us saying take it easy, when you said that you couldnt wait to get out there and thrash your car round the ring. That mentality was an accident waiting to happen and unfortunately for you ended up like it did.

So I travelled 350 miles to the most popular race circuit in the world, I don't know anyone that wouldn't be eager to get out there? Everytime I go to a trackday I'm looking forwards to getting out there and do the same thing, different race circuit, same car, same attitude, so why don't I crash everytime? Oh cause I made 1 mistake. 1 mistake that people seem to grasp onto as some sort of ammunition when conversations like these come up. I crashed on one of the fastest corners on the Ring (I imagine it is anyway), yet you came off on one of the slowest, you were just fortunate that there were no barriers, do you see me mentioning it in this conversation where you are questioning somebodies driving?

I'm not being defensive, Luke brings everything on himself infact most of it is just to get a reaction out of people (which has worked every single time so far), I'm just trying to get across in this situation that if it had been anybody else, I doubt anyone would have gone down the route they have by slating his driving? It could be anyone on this forum and I'd still say the same thing but because I don't jump on the bandwagon it sticks out as being defensive.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by Graham88]
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think many people are slating his driving a few people pointed out why he might have been flagged, but then the attitude that followed in response is what people have a problem with, well it is with me
strick206

3rd Aug 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/user/LukeLeary#p/u/21/VRqW6soEKbU
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Luke brings everything on himself infact most of it is just to get a reaction out of people (which has worked every single time so far)
Which makes him an even bigger twat.

quote:
I'm just trying to get across in this situation that if it had been anybody else, I doubt anyone would have gone down the route they have by slating his driving?
Quite agree but then most other people are capable of discussion.
3i_gaz

3rd Aug 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read the PH thread.. lol'z
3i_gaz

3rd Aug 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps... i hope on the next trackday smoking GT3's you take one out driving like a tosser.
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Aug 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of the trackmasters in this thread need to get up to Knockhill on a hot hatch day.

This guys driving is pretty tame compared to half the nutters up here.
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
ps... i hope on the next trackday smoking GT3's you take one out driving like a tosser.

So you are slating this guys driving yet you want him to write off somebody elses 100k pride and joy, that makes you worse than anyone else IMO
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Alot of the trackmasters in this thread need to get up to Knockhill on a hot hatch day.

Wasn't there a recent one where a slower car cut across a guy on the racing line through a corner and he rolled over as a result?
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my mate, someone slowed down through a chicane and crawled through, cutting across his line, resulting in him rolling his car.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

iv seen worse and done worse myself, but have the modesty to pinpoint my errors and/or listen to advice
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And consensus was that if he'd have read it and hung back, he wouldn't have hit him.

That was certainly my interpretation.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
but have the modesty to pinpoint my errors and/or listen to advice
This.
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
That was my mate, someone slowed down through a chicane and crawled through, cutting across his line, resulting in him rolling his car.

That was it, what happened with him in the end? Just took it on the chin?
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Built a new car and learnt from it I would imagine.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically yeah, he bought another 205 turbo a few weeks later and got back out there.
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me want a cheap car for track, so easy to replace.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, if you don't fancy fucking your daily driver up it's the best option. So many fun cars out there for pennies. The 205's were mental, so quick, and were amazing round the track.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I definitely think I've learnt more having a less powerful car.
3i_gaz

3rd Aug 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz

So you are slating this guys driving yet you want him to write off somebody elses 100k pride and joy, that makes you worse than anyone else IMO
quote:

Wasn't there a recent one where a slower car cut across a guy on the racing line through a corner and he rolled over as a result?

no it dosent, the lad needs to learn the hard way as he wont take advice off anyone, the way he'll learn s when the fabia is in a thousand peices and written off and we're all pissing our sides laughing.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The video of the crash got removed, this was the one that got rolled though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ruOLXb2sCw

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside... 22 database queries in 0.1606672 seconds