corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Your biggest do'h moments whilst working on your car...........

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Your biggest do'h moments whilst working on your car...........
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Dec 11 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol I also thought it was silly how they have eye warning in such small text
harrybanks

5th Dec 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought the headlights were shit on my leon so bought some new osram night breaker headlight and main beam bulbs.

Removed the old bulbs to find....... Osram night breaker bulbs already fitted
Jed D

5th Dec 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was welding away today. looked down and my overalls were on fire. my reaction was "oh fuck" looked around and a few people are watching me.... looked back down again... pause....

just didnt register in my mind
xa0s
Banned

5th Dec 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard Graham had a funny experience a while back with brake fluid on our mates Fez ST... Hopefully he'll do a write up lol
Gareth F

6th Dec 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cutting a heat shield off my old sport, slipped and cut my finger (2inch cut)...... which turns out it went straight through and as i checked how deep it was my skin just peeled open around my knuckle like a banana skin
I went with steristrips *sp* from sainsburys rather than a 4 hour wait in A&E.
One question, does any one else pull cuts open to see how deep they are or is it just me? Fiance thinks im weird
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
I heard Graham had a funny experience a while back with brake fluid on our mates Fez ST... Hopefully he'll do a write up lol

Fucking hell I forgot about that

Helping my mate fit a set of K Sports to his Fiesta ST and decided to use an 'EZ Bleed kit' to bleed em where you use tyre pressure to bleed em. Attach everything and went to undo the bleed nipple when the pipe off the kit blasts off and there's brake fluid going everywhere, all over my face and everything! Cleaned the car up and then tried again, bloody did it again

Gave up and did a manual bleed. My face went bright red though from the brake fluid but washed it off and was fine, won't be using that kit again that's for sure
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 11 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know you're supposed to let the tyre down a bit first?
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 04:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I found out!
mike56gte

6th Dec 11 at 04:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by xa0s

Fucking hell I forgot about that

Helping my mate fit a set of K Sports to his Fiesta ST and decided to use an 'EZ Bleed kit' to bleed em where you use tyre pressure to bleed em. Attach everything and went to undo the bleed nipple when the pipe off the kit blasts off and there's brake fluid going everywhere, all over my face and everything! Cleaned the car up and then tried again, bloody did it again

Gave up and did a manual bleed. My face went bright red though from the brake fluid but washed it off and was fine, won't be using that kit again that's for sure

sure the red face wasn't from embarrassment?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What pressure was the tyre only meant to be 20psi
dannyboy17

6th Dec 11 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made myself a de-cat yesterday, had an axle stand holding the exhaust up, and forgot to take it out when i reversed off the ramps luckley only my front bumper landed on it and broke the splitter
richc

6th Dec 11 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrybanks
Thought the headlights were shit on my leon so bought some new osram night breaker headlight and main beam bulbs.

Removed the old bulbs to find....... Osram night breaker bulbs already fitted

pow
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate those EZ-Bleed kits, I've got a little one way valve to do them now.

And I just paniced a bit as my eyes were stinging, rung the eye unit at the local hospital and they said better safe than sorry, just come in.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like my ez bleed kit has served me well for ages
pow
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont trust it at all, like to be able to see the lack of bubbles while my assistant (read stroppy father) pumps the pedal
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyre was just at whatever it was, my mate just have me the kit and didn't say anything and I knew how it worked so didn't ask questions, guess that bit of info was pretty vital looking back
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done the old wheel bolt trick, and the bloody wheel fell off on a steep hill. every time i tried to jack the car to put it back on it would fall off again, had a queue of about 6 cars waiting to pass, in the end a neighbour came out with some more jacks to help me was really embarrassing
johnny86
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowered my more door, rushed putting everything together. Said to the 8 month pregnant ex let's go get Indian she drove "oh john its vibrating alot" had look only done wheel nuts up finger tight on both front wheels. She never drove any of my cars since..

This happened to my dads mate... jacked up his 1934 Ford hot rod with trolley jack, jack failed n car fell and killed him. My dad found him. I'll never work under a jack always got something there incase.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Your biggest do'h moments whilst working on your car........... 22 database queries in 0.0114892 seconds