corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strikes
Dave

User status: Offline
28th Nov 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's got very little to do with pensions, that's the cause of the argument but it's more about unions picking a fight with a government they despise and vice versa.

If the workers felt so strongly about it they'd have bothered to vote for the strike. Isn't it the case that only about 1 in 4 returned their ballot papers?
Robbo

28th Nov 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

public sector needs seriously decimating and being made for profit/privately run. everyone heard the story about the clarts who spent some inordinate amount of money on a ream of paper recently as opposed to the (recently left priovate sector) person who negotiated a discount by buyign in bulk (and other such simple procurement cock-ups). NHS, case in point - iirc run as a bunch of sepoerate autonomous trusts instead of as one big group, with better buying power anbd abiolity to look at thing slike outsouricng etc to save money

i am by no means certain this is the actual case but this kind of nonsense happens all voer the pubvlic sector and you wouldnt see an inkling of that shite in the private sector, ever
Russ

28th Nov 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im under no illusion that the unions want as many people to srike as possible, and theyre probably telling people who will be unaffected to join in if they dont know that they are unaffected.
Russ

28th Nov 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
public sector needs seriously decimating and being made for profit/privately run. everyone heard the story about the clarts who spent some inordinate amount of money on a ream of paper recently as opposed to the (recently left priovate sector) person who negotiated a discount by buyign in bulk (and other such simple procurement cock-ups). NHS, case in point - iirc run as a bunch of sepoerate autonomous trusts instead of as one big group, with better buying power anbd abiolity to look at thing slike outsouricng etc to save money

i am by no means certain this is the actual case but this kind of nonsense happens all voer the pubvlic sector and you wouldnt see an inkling of that shite in the private sector, ever

Selling the water board/ electic board/ gas board to private companies worked i guess, i mean, none of them are run for huge profits by companies not based in the UK.

Then selling the prisons off to the highest bidder, that has ensured that crime rates have dropped and theres no longer such thing as reoffenders.

dont know what daily mail esque paper ran the expensive ream of paper story, but can imagine how accurate it was.

I dont agree with strikes over pay or working conditions (unless they have both deteriorated badly).
Russ

28th Nov 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway, i have public sector work to do, toodle pip
Tom

28th Nov 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mersey tunnel's likely to be closed all day, fine with me means I can work from home
John

28th Nov 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get a ferry across instead
Robbo

28th Nov 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

Selling the water board/ electic board/ gas board to private companies worked i guess, i mean, none of them are run for huge profits by companies not based in the UK.

Then selling the prisons off to the highest bidder, that has ensured that crime rates have dropped and theres no longer such thing as reoffenders.

dont know what daily mail esque paper ran the expensive ream of paper story, but can imagine how accurate it was.

I dont agree with strikes over pay or working conditions (unless they have both deteriorated badly).
My Mum has worked for a county court for 15 years and said that kind of nonsense happens day in day out, so im inclined to believe her. you understand the pooint i am getting at with beign privately run anyway, will save the govt a shitload of money and currently, thats what we need
Tom

28th Nov 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Can you not get a ferry across instead

I work in Speke, so no. I refuse to be forced into using public transport again

I could drive right the way round passed runcorn, but I cba.
John

28th Nov 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was taking the piss, just thought of the song when I read mersey tunnel
Tom

28th Nov 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baskey

28th Nov 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I singed up to something saying I would get X, then it got changed I would be pissed off
Dave

28th Nov 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if it wasn't in your favour. Contracts are amended all the time for one reason or another.

When I was an employee the firm I was working for we're struggling so we made changes. We were working away at the time and agreed to do all our hours over 4 days and drive back Thursday night, saving the firm money on accommodation whilst still getting the same work out of us. We lost money because we got an allowance for every night we were away but accepted it was for the good of the firm(and it meant we didn't have to work friday).
Gary
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
If I singed up to something saying I would get X, then it got changed I would be pissed off

But with the state of the country you'd think thryd be happy to actually have a job at all
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to draw a line though, are we going to start saying people have to work for £2 an hour because they should be grateful they got a job, and that there are plenty of homeless who would be willing to have your job
Baskey

28th Nov 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Baskey

But with the state of the country you'd think thryd be happy to actually have a job at all

What state is the country in?

Everyone I know has jobs. There are jobs everywhere in my city?

[Edited on 28-11-2011 by Baskey]
taylorboosh

28th Nov 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only people who donr want jobs dont have them
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw someone who had done one of these reports, claim there were more jobs in the country then people.
Fro

28th Nov 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

NHS is indeed done as trusts etc we do business with the majority if not all of them. In some case their money management is absolutely dire.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Nov 11 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0SPio6RE-s

WW on the commentary, he gets in to it right enough

[Edited on 29-11-2011 by Ian]
Welsh Dan

29th Nov 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recall that we paid £80 for a kitchen sink plug, because of all the procurement nonsense. £80. For a plug.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Nov 11 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've seen it myself, paying more off approved suppliers who have your pants down.
Baskey

29th Nov 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is just as rife in the private sector. I bought phone equipment for my office costing 2k from the approved supplier. A quick browse on eBay showed it should of cost £600.
stuartmitchell

29th Nov 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

My Mum has worked for a county court for 15 years and said that kind of nonsense happens day in day out, so im inclined to believe her. you understand the pooint i am getting at with beign privately run anyway, will save the govt a shitload of money and currently, thats what we need

Well fucking said mate!

I dont know about your councils where you guys are but it's seen as a totally cushty deal here in Edinburgh! Minimal working hours, no targets, insane amount of holidays and public holidays. Thats mirrored across many public sector services here in Edin. I think a lot of them would get a fright working in the Private Sector.

What really pisses me off is the pensions argument this all stemmed from. How many people on here get a pension plan from there employers? I certainly dont and i'm sure it's the same for many in the private sector. Why - because it's expensive.

Even those with pension plans in the private sector have seen it's value cut and seen changes but you dont hear them complaining.

So for public sector workers to be complaining ther eplan isnt waht they thought it would be is crazy. Count themselves lucky they have a penion plan imo!

Tom G

29th Nov 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
public sector needs seriously decimating and being made for profit/privately run.

Do you actually realise what would happen if theis became true on a larger scale then just the one trust?

You would have to fit a criteria for everything! No bespoke care as such as it will be too expensive to provide for free. Got a kid with mulitiple problems and need operations? Get out your wallet.

I understand there should be cetain criteria, such as obese people, smokers, drinkers etc

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes 22 database queries in 0.0138459 seconds