corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's not fair to force rich people to share the wealth, poor people should try harder.

Butler

2nd Dec 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of rich people are ignorant to the fact that some poor people don't have the opportunities they need to 'try harder'.
John

2nd Dec 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's exactly the point of view of a fairly well off student wearing a woolly jumper.
adiohead

2nd Dec 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler

2nd Dec 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it? I'd say the same to you. There's poverty on our doorstep. Telling the lesser off to 'try harder' doesn't solve anything. Its sheer ignorance. You shouldn't judge someone based on their upbringing or ignorance. Some people can't help where they are born or the upbringing they are given.
ed

2nd Dec 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's exactly the point of view of a fairly well off student wearing a woolly jumper.

Just reminded me about a nice Jack Wills jumper I saw in their window while walking home last night...
John

2nd Dec 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not judging anyone.

I'm also not agreeing with the no opportunities thing.

As has been discussed in here and elsewhere, there is nothing but help for people on low incomes, loads of free education, grants, bursaries plus loads of other stuff that I don't know about.
Butler

2nd Dec 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which, as proven, isn't enough. The percentage of people living below the low-income threshold has been rising, and as the richest tenth of the population have seen incomes rise, the lowest continue to drop. Its not just a financial divide in classes, its a social factor.
Fonz
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Some people can't help where they are born or the upbringing they are given.

i completely agree

on the otherhand:

they shouldn't use it as an excuse - too many people are happier taking the lazy route and "blaming" their roots than actually going out and making a difference in their life.
Jamie Walby

2nd Dec 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to make it badly enough, you will. End of.
John

2nd Dec 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, the social factor is the bottom of the ladder are quite happy sitting on benefits instead of going out and trying to get somewhere.

If the benefits and hand outs were stopped I can assure you that there would suddenly be a lot more people working harder.
richc

2nd Dec 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know, the social factor is the bottom of the ladder are quite happy sitting on benefits instead of going out and trying to get somewhere.

If the benefits and hand outs were stopped I can assure you that there would suddenly be a lot more people working harder.

And alot more crime.
John

2nd Dec 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naa, you'll still get the criminals.

The lazy people will have to find jobs though, they won't just start breaking into houses.
DaveyLC

2nd Dec 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone found a clip of the interview on BBC news this morning about this incident? The guy on the sofa got OWNED!
DaveyLC

2nd Dec 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Some people can't help where they are born or the upbringing they are given.

i completely agree

on the otherhand:

they shouldn't use it as an excuse - too many people are happier taking the lazy route and "blaming" their roots than actually going out and making a difference in their life.

Agree'd!

My old man is a good example: he grew up in a council estate in Erith, proper hole! he worked hard to get a decent education, he went to uni and studied to gain his degree and now he's reaping the rewards.. Ironically He deliberately sent me to a rough school in a shit area because he believes it makes you a well rounded person lol.
LeeM

2nd Dec 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people moaning about rich people are simply jealous.
Butler

2nd Dec 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is moaning about rich people?
Jamie Walby

2nd Dec 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The poor people.
LeeM

2nd Dec 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly
John

2nd Dec 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Them and the rich students.
Dr Pepper

2nd Dec 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a probelm with rich people...I have a problem with rich people who make money in irresponsible ways ...that we then have to pay for.

The banks failed, their gamble failed .... and the poor are now picking up the pieces. They are only in existance becuase all of us have taken ten years out of our wages and public services to pay off the massive debts they created....by doing a bad job

I have no problem with small business owners becoming millionaires...ythats good for the country. I have no problem with companies like John Lewis and the way they treat and pay their employees and suppliers.

I have a problem with companies such as vodaphone who abuse this country, and then dont pay hundreds of millions of pounds of tax because they are so big they can hold our elected politicians to ransom

All I want is some seperation between government and big business...I would like the government to put the needs of the people first - not the needs of bankers.

Im not anti business or big business- I just think we are mugs for letting them walk all over us and our country .... some people on here seem to think that if you are rich then you deserve it - that is blatantly not always the case- and just becuase you are rich doesnt mean you are above the law, or that you should be able to influence government policy

I simply dont spend money with companies whos ethics I dont like wherever that is possible to do ...you cant always do it - but if everyone put some pressure on then you would see things change for the better for the lower and middle classes in this country
LeeM

2nd Dec 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we didnt bail out banks and they collapsed the country would have gone with them.
bankers still get paid a lot because their qualifications and experience command a certain wage and if they werent getting it theyd go elsewhere, and banks would collapse...
Dave

2nd Dec 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me he's off again!

What has this got to do with a quote being taken out of context again?
taylorboosh

2nd Dec 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dr peppers posts are

a. full of shit
b. very long
c. boring
AlunJ

2nd Dec 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched it, he slagged off the industry I work in before hand, I laughed, anyone who takes things like that seriously is silly.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again 22 database queries in 0.0117528 seconds