corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car ideas/suggestions... *UPDATE* 30th Aug *FURTHER UPDATE* 20th March.

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car ideas/suggestions... *UPDATE* 30th Aug *FURTHER UPDATE* 20th March.
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 14 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Bit too 'loud' for me.

From the bright yellow corsa owner

Hard push to justify double the cost of a brand spanking 991 GT3 for a GT2 even if its an amazing machine.
Graham88

9th Mar 14 at 05:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
One does not comprehend.

GT2 RS is faster in a straight line, but in the hands of your average drivers you could drive a GT3 RS faster. Very linear power delivery and no sudden punch like the GT2 delivers. Imagine a Porsche Turbo except RWD and more power. Having driven a 4WD 550bhp Porsche Turbo that span the wheels halfway through 3rd suddenly I can't even imagine what it must feel like
Ben G

9th Mar 14 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't even imagine a standard porsche turbo
Graham88

9th Mar 14 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was in Lakeside coming away from IKEA up towards the double roundabouts over the A13, I reached 160 before the bridge that goes over the top and got scared
Ben G

9th Mar 14 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that piece of road very well. Theres always police up there on the last few days of every month pulling people over, probably trying to reach targets.

Nice stretch of road though. Pretty much straight. 160 is fucking mad you huge bollocked bastard!
BluKoo

12th Mar 14 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's now registered his interest for a 991 GT3 RS just in case he never finds a 997 which fits the bill
Ever the optimist.

[Edited on 12-03-2014 by BluKoo]
BluKoo

20th Mar 14 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it looks like my 7 month search might have come to an end

After searching the net high and low, advertising on numerous forums, checking the classifieds daily, emailing current owners I've found on forums to see if they'd sell up, being let down by two owners changing their minds and not selling and even turning down a few cars because they're not quite the right spec, or they're too high mileage or they've needed paintwork, I have finally found the perfect car.

The owner still loved it so it's taken a little persuasion to make him let go, but it has to be one of the best in the country so it's all be worth it.

So glad the hard work has finally paid off
taylorboosh

20th Mar 14 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deposit left?
BluKoo

20th Mar 14 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Deposit left?

Awaiting inspection from a detailer friend of my brother (who lives a lot closer), but once he gives the seal of approval, the deposit or full amount will be transferred and transportation will be arranged.

Carried out an HPI check which has come back crystal clear, so it's looking good. Fingers crossed.

[Edited on 20-03-2014 by BluKoo]
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming a 997 Gen2 GT3?

What colour?
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Assuming a 997 Gen2 GT3?

What colour?

An Aqua blue Gen 2 GT3 RS with ceramics and the front lift kit. Exactly what we were looking for
Only 2500 miles and one owner from new.

It's missing the decals at the moment, but they will be added in due time.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by BluKoo]
whitter45

21st Mar 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice

is this the 4.0 version
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow. Stunning motor and what i would aspire to own, very envious! Though i could only for for an RS if i was lucky enough to have several other performance vehicles, assuming your old man does?
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
very nice

is this the 4.0 version

No it's the 3.8. 450bhp.

quote:
Wow. Stunning motor and what i would aspire to own, very envious! Though i could only for for an RS if i was lucky enough to have several other performance vehicles, assuming your old man does?

He's got a 450bhp X50 993 Turbo, Mk2 Focus RS500, a normaly white Mk2 Focus RS and a Leon Cupra R.
I think the Cupra R will be making way for something different this year.
Ben G

21st Mar 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ That looks lovely.

The generic 911's look a bit bland and samey, but these are completely different.
kennySRi

21st Mar 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is stunning, one of my favourite cars ever! Excellent choice
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got any pics of the 993? Do they still fetch mega bucks?

The only problem hes now got is the desire to not drive them. The only thing i would easily get in and out of daily would be the FRS & Leon. For this reason i would have gone for a regular GT3 and driven it a bit more frequently. He needs a capable executive car that can the mileage. I would punt both the FRS & Cupra on for a m3 or similar.
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Christ That looks lovely.

The generic 911's look a bit bland and samey, but these are completely different.

Yeah, you don't see many of these around. And with the wider track, decals, vents on the front and rear bumper and the huge carbon wing they look quite aggressive.

quote:
Got any pics of the 993? Do they still fetch mega bucks?

The only problem hes now got is the desire to not drive them. The only thing i would easily get in and out of daily would be the FRS & Leon. For this reason i would have gone for a regular GT3 and driven it a bit more frequently. He needs a capable executive car that can the mileage. I would punt both the FRS & Cupra on for a m3 or similar.

Yeah, the 993 Turbos keep climbing in price. My dads is a rare 450bhp X50 (only 12 of that spec in the UK). It's only covered 32K miles and it's won two concours competitions. His has literally doubled in value in the time he's owned it.

He has a desire to drive them all, and the good thing is he now has plenty of cars to split his annual mileage between. This helps keep them all low Although the RS500 has still only done 700 miles and it'll be 4 years old this September

If the Cupra R does go this year I think it might be replaced with a B7 RS4 (possibly an Avant).
Robbo

21st Mar 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, way to make a technical and subtle car hideous and tacky in one easy move
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An equal desire not to drive them to keep them pristine as much as a desire to drive them. I guess that would be more accurate!

A RS4 would be exactly what i would be wanting to throw into the mix.

The 993 is stunning. Not generally a fan of older vehicles but it looks great for a car knocking on for 20 years. Didnt realise there was only 12 of the X50 kitted cars!

Surprise how well the rs500's are holding their money too especially with only 700 miles on the clock. Though whilst everyone's desire is to keep them looking great, i reckon i would do 700 miles on track in a year alone!
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
wow, way to make a technical and subtle car hideous and tacky in one easy move

The way you say "wow" makes you sound shocked. Like you've never seen a GT3 RS before. Is that the case?
Out of interest, what in your opinion makes it tacky?

quote:
Didnt realise there was only 12 of the X50 kitted cars!

There are a lot of 430bhp X50s, but this has the Turbo S and GT2 spec engine.

Robbo

21st Mar 14 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent no the spoiler, looks ridic! not personally a fan of the wheels or centre exit exhaust but thats more a question of pref.
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

The way you say "wow" makes you sound shocked. Like you've never seen a GT3 RS before. Is that the case?

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
i havent no

I find that very hard to believe

You definitely won't like it with it's decals on then...

Robbo

21st Mar 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually makes it easier to identify it as a track type car i think!

but seriosuly, you dont get too many track focussed 911s in central london so genuinely never seen one dont really keep up on modern cars these days either
whitter45

21st Mar 14 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both those cars are awesome

Very lucky man - congratulations - decals make the car IMO so hope they will be applied it

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car ideas/suggestions... *UPDATE* 30th Aug *FURTHER UPDATE* 20th March. 22 database queries in 0.0265651 seconds