corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Oct 13 at 03:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooft.
BeetleGav

21st Oct 13 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch. That's a proper job. Hope his car is fair buckled behind all that
Ben G

21st Oct 13 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just want it fixed tbh. Awaiting the other party to admit liability, then it'll go in.

So much ringing around and aggro all because he didn't look before pulling out.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he could be an utter cunt and it could go 50/50 just by looking at the pictures!
Corsa_Sport21

21st Oct 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he had the hard neck to drive off, i can see it being a long process getting him to admit liability.
Ben G

21st Oct 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
he could be an utter cunt and it could go 50/50 just by looking at the pictures!

True, but i'll quote the highway code points 185 and 187 which say to watch out for cars already on the roundabout turning off at the next exit and to give way to traffic on the roundabout if there are give way lines.

I went into him at a sort of 90 degree angle but would've gone straight into the side of him if I hadn't slammed the brakes on.

Corsa_Sport21

21st Oct 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He might turn around and quote bullshit and say you wen't into the back of him. Which most of the time, would go in his favour.

Ideally, calling the police and say he's pulled out on you and drove off might have been the better route to go down.

You both left the scene with no 3rd party witnesses, i would say you are screwed.
Ben G

21st Oct 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned the police but they weren't bothered as the road was clear. Useless as always.

I have a witness which should help and I imagine there'll be cctv there as it's a very busy junction.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would have been better in terms of liability being clear cut if you had gone into the side of him
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your misses cant be used as an official witness either as she isn't impartial. People can be cunts especially when it comes to insurance.
pow
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That one is going against you, along with the accosicated whiplash claim
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my uneducated opinion, t'other guy has probably done you a favour by trying to leg it - as it reeks of guilt

Might be lucky to get a 50:50 otherwise

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

21st Oct 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Your misses cant be used as an official witness either as she isn't impartial. People can be cunts especially when it comes to insurance.

The witness is independent.

What am I supposed to do if a guy pulls across onto the road directly infront of me? it's not a mini roundabout, it's a huge junction with traffic lights and all sorts. My lights were green and his lane had give way lines on which he didn't abide by.
John

21st Oct 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't like me for saying this Ben but I've read the stat somewhere before (and posted on here). Insurance companies put premiums up for non fault accidents because someone who has been in one is still more likely to have another crash than someone who hasn't.
Ben G

21st Oct 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people don't agree with that but I have experience due to a previous non fault accident. It put my premium up quite a lot over the 3 years i've had to declare it.

Quite gutted tbh as that was almost 3 years ago now, so at my renewal that will be removed and this one added.

Email received from our insurance company saying they believe i'm not at fault. phoned them up and they haven't heard from the other parties insurance company yet, so hopefully will tomorrow.

Pretty annoying as the car can't be replaced with a hire car until this happens.
Ben G

22nd Oct 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so before all this accident bollocks happened I finished my roof.

Made a right old mess in the garage car paintwork was fully covered yet the dye, which is very watery, still mades it way down the glass and doors. Not a big deal as it wipes off, but still annoying.

Also made a right old mess of the floor:

Had no choice but to run the rear tyre over the spill, causing this funky tread pattern design on the floor

I still have those weird rectangle shapes, but it looks a lot better than before.

And this is all i've got for now car is covered in mud thanks to a lorry and a very dirty road.

BeetleGav

23rd Oct 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I don't have them strange rectangles!
Your cars odd
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told myself I wouldn't buy anything for the car, but my wind deflector has always had a small hole in it (from a cigarette I suspect) and everytime i've seen one for sale, they've been going for over 100 quid.

Saw this one and no one had bidded on it, so got it for the starting price. Cheap enough.

I also got 10% off through paypal so it was 66 quid all in.

Should be able to sell my current one on to recoup some of the cost.
BeetleGav

23rd Oct 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beats refitting the fabric on your current one.
Can't decide wether to remove mine and put it in the boot, every time I remove it the weather clears up and I want it back in
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 13 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, have you considered getting some dice valve caps?
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I leave it in all year round gav, saves having to take it out the boot all the time.

Nic, no
Ben G

24th Oct 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had this spare clear side repeater for ages now so thought i'd do a better job than last time.

My cut down ones never worked out well due to the shitty glue I used which went everywhere this time they're staying standard.

As you can see, the cars not exactly clean

Had a spare badge aswell so stuck that on using stick pad tape this time. Much better finish.

Only issue is I now need to do the other side, but the problem is I cant get the bloody thing out as I cut it down too much

BeetleGav

24th Oct 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Push in and twist at the same time. Really easy to come out!
Cut them down and use decent glue this time! Mine worked out fine
Nic Barnes

24th Oct 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like the black badges
Ben G

24th Oct 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was trying that gav, wouldn't budge

Cheers nic, fake carbon

<<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 24 database queries in 0.0313389 seconds