corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  70    71    72    73    74    75    76  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
fazza

User status: Offline
17th Dec 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phd do a double choc cookie one which is nice

ajscorsa

17th Dec 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gonna give this a go in the new year I think. My only problem would be sticking to the diet, I eat too much crap at the moment.

Cosmo if your on phase 3 how does your body compare from phase 1 to phase 2? have you noticed alot more muscle?
Cosmo

17th Dec 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
Cosmo if your on phase 3 how does your body compare from phase 1 to phase 2? have you noticed alot more muscle?

Pics are knocking about in here somewhere from the end of phase 1 and then towards the end of phase 2 (about a week off the end).

Can certainly notice a big difference imo, especially in my shoulders, back and arms.
ajscorsa

17th Dec 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it you guys are feeling alot better health wise too?

Thats my main reason for wanting to do it. I'm so un fit its starting to affect my health. Like I run up the stairs at work and im out of breath and my heart is pounding like mad. I'm only 24 lol
Dan
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aj, imo, this wont majorly improve your fitness, id suggest running or biking on a HIIT programme, to improve it. i used to when i started, but since my treadmill died, i cant no more, as i wont run on road. My fitness improved majorly and quickly, within 2 weeks i was running double the time i started on.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

17th Dec 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Aj, imo, this wont majorly improve your fitness, id suggest running or biking on a HIIT programme, to improve it. i used to when i started, but since my treadmill died, i cant no more, as i wont run on road. My fitness improved majorly and quickly, within 2 weeks i was running double the time i started on.

Yeah have to agree, for actual fitness Id look to throw in some more cardio such as HIIT.

This will improve it (I have noticed an improvement) but its not really designed for that so are better ways to do so.
Paul_J

17th Dec 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flat mates girlfriend just caught me doing no xplode and a pre workout protein shake... she laughed and said 'is it worth it? Does it work'

This is the type of shit that'll drive me harder to suceed.

I replied: 'Well I stopped doing it for over a month, but now i'm doing it properly... I've been peer pressured by a load of people on the internet to get back on it'

she looked at me abit odd..

awkward moment...

awkward moment...

I continued finishing off my protein.

- The question is... with it being -5 out there do i still want to go for a run?

My head says yes.
Paul_J

17th Dec 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish i had some weights like boflexes too... because I've maxed out my current set / combo... so I can't go any heavier... and the weights I have set up for light weight stuff are a tad too heavy for some exercises...

So i now need 3 sets of weights...

Super heavy for like biceps

Medium heavy for triceps

and whimpy light for shit like straight arm shit... straight out arms infront and straight out to the side....
Paul_J

17th Dec 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
Take it you guys are feeling alot better health wise too?

Thats my main reason for wanting to do it. I'm so un fit its starting to affect my health. Like I run up the stairs at work and im out of breath and my heart is pounding like mad. I'm only 24 lol

(sorry for posting multiple times in a row, I guess its a side effect of doing no xplode then sitting on computer)

... My fitness is the thing i notice more than any of the physical stuff imo... I can run far longer than i could, I can move more freely, my balance is heaps better, my strength is higher etc.

The core muscle group that is your torso etc, which does your balance etc is what makes me - basically you have a much lighter feel on your feet, e.g. changing direction, quick spurts etc...

If you had got me to stand on one foot before hand I'd of moved about a bit, maybe occasionally had to put the foot down... however these days I can stand on one foot ALL day long. I do sorta balance / core / yoga moves when i'm brushing my teeth and stuff like being on one foot and bending all the way over and then coming back up... you can feel your core muscles constantly doing the adjustments to keep you standing up right.

I've not been doing the diet religiously - e.g. I've been intaking plenty... but not eating too clean, so I'm gonna need to do a proper big cut at the end of it I think to really see the good effects (when most peoples results just change weight loss / lean muscle)
Cosmo

17th Dec 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im OK with 21kg and under for 90% of it, and for the ones I need more than that I use my metal weight ones (tend to look what I'll need them at before and have it set up ready so dont have to piss about changing them).
Dan
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What excersizes do you use the 21kg for cosmo?

Cosmo

17th Dec 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lawnmowers, Heavy Pants, Calf Raise Squats (just as extra weight really), Congdon Locomotives.

Im getting close with alternating shoulder presses, upright rows, and Hammer curls.
Dan
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I majorly struggle with shoulder pressing, only use 2 16kg db's, but not alternating, probably my weakest part.

I click like a fooker as well when doing them.

Cosmo

17th Dec 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just did 20kg shoulder presses today, do 16kg on deep swimmer's presses.
Paul_J

19th Dec 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gone home to my parents house - and I've already eaten SOO much food... this christmas is not gonna be good

Gonna put on so much weight

On a side note, I think I saw barnshaw out in windsor last night. Was gonna go up to him and ask him about p90x and see what he said, but when I came back from the bar he was gone
Pop

19th Dec 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at potentially approaching random people and asking them about p90x
Paul_J

19th Dec 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
at potentially approaching random people and asking them about p90x

Well it was more the fact I recognised him as Barnshaw from a pic he put on here, and he doesn't know who I was So it'd just have been funny to see his reaction.
Pop

19th Dec 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would have been so good if he had still been there and it was him.

Did you take all your p90x stuff back to your parents?
Paul_J

20th Dec 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
It would have been so good if he had still been there and it was him.

Did you take all your p90x stuff back to your parents?

not finished for christmas yet... So no.

Gonna try to go for a run tommorrow to burn some of the food i've eaten off.

but when I come back to theirs on wednesday for christmas (till 4th of jan prob) - I'll be bringing all my weights, powders etc back with me. My sister wants to do p90x with me while she's home, so will show her wtf it's all about.
BarnshaW

20th Dec 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Gone home to my parents house - and I've already eaten SOO much food... this christmas is not gonna be good

On a side note, I think I saw barnshaw out in windsor last night. Was gonna go up to him and ask him about p90x and see what he said, but when I came back from the bar he was gone

where did u see me mate? i was out in windsor on friday night
Paul_J

20th Dec 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

where did u see me mate? i was out in windsor on friday night

Yellow bar, as I say though, I saw you as I walked in on the dance floor kinda bit, went to the bar and when I returned you were gone. Otherwise I'd of come over and said hi.
BarnshaW

20th Dec 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea dude that would have been me, i would have just burst out laughing if you randomly asked about p90x
Paul_J

21st Dec 09 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh tattoo on neck yeh? -

I've gotta watch myself over christmas, I've eaten so much junk and drank so much alcohol just over this 1 weekend... gonna get back on it tommorrow and bring it... I was getting good gains last 2 weeks so don't want to throw away the hard work over christmas.
Dan
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yea dude that would have been me, i would have just burst out laughing due to the huge amount of drugs i would have taken

Sounds like a normal night for you then

ashleh

21st Dec 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
yea dude that would have been me, i would have just burst out laughing due to the huge amount of drugs i would have taken

Sounds like a normal night for you then

did he have his ps3 controller pendant and we hate xbox t shirt on?

<<  70    71    72    73    74    75    76  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0301781 seconds