corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  73    74    75    76    77    78    79  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
PhilC

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna start this on Jan 1st. Not posting pics, cos I'm way over weight!!

5"10, and about 16st...
Cosmo

29th Dec 09 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PhilC
Gonna start this on Jan 1st. Not posting pics, cos I'm way over weight!!

5"10, and about 16st...

TBH I was about 5'11" and 15.5st when I started this (although considered myself more a beer belly and fat ass after a few years off the huge amount of sport I was doing rather than a fat fucker).
Ben G

29th Dec 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell pop, thats scary how skinny you are

Jake

29th Dec 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Not to piss on anyones bonfire. But pop has an ectomorph type frame which is the hardest body type to add mass too. By nature he is more suited to endurance a speed tasks as his lean physique and long limbs will give him the edge over shorter, stockier body types.

The other problem with long limbs is that often, the muscles are shorter and tendons are longer, meaning they will never have the full, rounded look a shorter limbed person would get.

IMO P90x is not what pop should be doing. instead he should be doing a 4 day upper and lower split and eating everything in sight to gain mass.

also worth noting, if you are packing on size at a good rate, you will also be adding fat too.

this. Im an ecto-meso if thats possible. fucking pain in the arse to gain size. pop, you will notice your muscles will have a decent peak to them when youve been training for a while but will take a long time to see bulk
Paul_J

29th Dec 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best way of just cutting fat? just thinking of having a bit of a cutting session before the final part of p90x...

is HIIT best with a low carb diet? what can i do to stop losing all my muscle mass while cutting?

Is it true I should work the muscles while cutting, to maintain them (stop the body using that muscle for fuel?) - how hard do you work them in this period?
Cosmo

29th Dec 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just finish P90X as its meant to be done and then do either a cutting routine after or in the run up to summer?
Fro

30th Dec 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The body should only use muscle for fuel if it goes into starvation mode. which will be more than a few weeks if you're constantly eating less than 1200 calories i think.

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by fro-dizzle]
Wrighty

31st Dec 09 at 05:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your body drops into starvation mode after a few hours does it not? thats why your supposed to split meals into 6 smaller ones a day?
Dan
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im starting a strict cut as of monday. Gonna be eating 6 meals a day. With a slight calorie deficit. Plenty of protein, carb's only before 12. 2 sessions of hit and 1 slow cardio. 3 weight sessions a week.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Fro

31st Dec 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
your body drops into starvation mode after a few hours does it not? thats why your supposed to split meals into 6 smaller ones a day?

It shouldnt do from what i remember in P.E should still be using up glucose and fat stores (if any) as the body should only consume muscle and organs as a last resort. Was a few years ago though
DizzyRebel

31st Dec 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
The body should only use muscle for fuel if it goes into starvation mode. which will be more than a few weeks if you're constantly eating less than 1200 calories i think.

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by fro-dizzle]

Actually it takes 20-25 minutes for your body to switch on catabolic enzymes. So if you are on the treadmill running for more than 20 minutes, your body turns of fat burning enzymes and starts to protect fat stores and break down muscle tissue to release stored glycogen for energy.

This is why fat people who run on treadmills stay fat, and skinny people who run on treadmills look anorexic.

This is why cardio should be done in one of 2 ways for both fat loss and muscle retention. Either do steady state cardio (incline walking, moderate paced cycling) for 45 minutes at a time, or do HIIT sprints for no more than 15 minutes at a time. This way you attack fat stores without your body going into fat storage mode and burning precious muscle.

P90X is a good way of leaning up, even the bulking period is more intense than any of my fat loss protocols. If P90X cant shred some fat for you then a lean diet and extra cardio wont do sod all for you either.
Fro

31st Dec 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh, cheers Dizzy
Dan
Premium Member

1st Jan 10 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So who is starting today?

FAO cosmosis, i had my 1st NT stick last night, and 2 hours later i had the shits and near to puking, not 100% it was that, but seems a bit strange

BarnshaW

1st Jan 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am starting back up as of today, have done the shopping and got all the correct foods to maintain the diet. going to get measurements today etc and then keep a log of them.
ashleh

1st Jan 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted my workout for the new year, gonna sort some kind of eating plan as well. Going Bulgaria tomorrow so not going to start till I get back.
Cosmo

1st Jan 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been ill the last 3 days (did the Monday workout), but havent trained since then and have eaten very very little in that time (some Weetabix and some toast - both made me sick).

Feeling better today but wont be training as dont think I'll be able to eat properly yet. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back to normal and I'll try and fit in some of the missed workouts Sat and Sun.
Cosmo

1st Jan 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
FAO cosmosis, i had my 1st NT stick last night, and 2 hours later i had the shits and near to puking, not 100% it was that, but seems a bit strange

Ive not had that effect with any of them that Ive tried, may be linked but may not be, no idea.

Give it another go and see what happens.

Did you have it on an empty stomach?
Dan
Premium Member

1st Jan 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a foot long steak subway prior to it. By about 5 hours. So pretty much an empty stomach i guess. I didnt get it with the nox, id imagine them to be fairly similar.
I had also had a monster drink and 2 lucozade's due to being fucked at work, so maybe i just over done it

Cosmo

1st Jan 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sounds like it could of been that, could of just been a bad day and it had that effect.

Give it a few more times and see what it does.
Dan
Premium Member

1st Jan 10 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read a few reviews that people said its made them ill as well, maybe i should just have half a stick :/ lol

BarnshaW

1st Jan 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had my first session again after a month, had to reduce the weights (loss of strength) over did it and felt very sick, feels good though. Going to carry on and work my way back up the weights.

also trying glutamine ( 5 grams 3 times a day) so will report back on this.
Pop

1st Jan 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
So who is starting today?

I'm up north at the moment but heading back down on Sunday. Got all the stuff ready to go for a Monday start.
Paul_J

2nd Jan 10 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know of a HIIT timer for iphone? - I found one which was £1 and one which was shit...

May make my own and release it on app store.
Cosmo

2nd Jan 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with a stop watch?
Whittie

3rd Jan 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
anyone know of a HIIT timer for iphone? - I found one which was £1 and one which was shit...

May make my own and release it on app store.

<<  73    74    75    76    77    78    79  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0317752 seconds