corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
Jake

User status: Offline
16th Jul 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

viera to spurs. hopefull it will be a better punt than when they bought edgar davids.
Robbo

16th Jul 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can fuck off if you think he will be joining the spuds
a_j_mair

16th Jul 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Kenyon has come out and said Terry is not for sale at any price.

So that means he'll be a City player by this time next week.

need to get the situation sorted and terry to make a public anouncment that he isnt going anywhere

he is obvioulsy flexing his muscles looking for a better deal

could end up causing alot of friction in the dressing room if thats the case
p

16th Jul 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our young winger Miroslav Stoch has joined FC Twente on loan for the rest of the season.
Marc

17th Jul 09 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed a 21 year old Norwegian. No other details, I think he was mentioned a few months back. May be a striker.

Edit - Turns out hes from Dakar and is a striker from Molde FK called Mame Biram Diouf.

30 goals in 62 league appearances.

[Edited on 17-07-2009 by Marc]
Ben J

17th Jul 09 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
You can fuck off if you think he will be joining the spuds

If Vieira joins the spuds, i'll cut my cock off and eat it.
Tom

17th Jul 09 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pinch of salt....

Xabi Alonso nears £32m move to Real Madrid from Liverpool
By David Maddock 17/07/2009

Real Madrid believe they will finally get their man when they return with an improved offer for Xabi Alonso this weekend.

The Mirror understands that the Spanish giants have reopened talks with Liverpool and are ready to increase their bid to around £32million.

Alonso wants the deal concluded before he is due to return to Anfield on Sunday, prompting both parties to intensify negotiations.

Madrid previously offered £22m for the Spanish midfielder and were reluctant to go beyond that figure for a player priced at just £15m last summer.

But the deal has been resurrected after Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez indicated he would be willing to listen to proposals that would give him £22m cash, plus a player in part-exchange. Even though Spurs are close to agreeing a deal for young Real striker Alvaro Negredo, the Bernabeu club have offered him as part of their Alonso proposals, along with Dutch international midfielder Wesley Sneijder.

Benitez will do business if he believes that either player is priced at the right level, giving him the £35m which he believes reflects Alonso's current worth.

The Anfield boss won't accept anything less because he knows how costly it will be to replace the Spaniard in his midfield engine room.

Benitez wants to make a significant profit in replacing Alonso, to allow him to pursue Valencia winger David Silva.

With transfer activity gathering pace at Anfield, insiders within the club suggest that if a deal can be concluded to sell Alonso at the right price over the weekend, the club will try to wrap up a £20m deal for Silva next week.

Talks have been ongoing for some months, but the player has now returned from a holiday and it is thought a fee could be thrashed out in the early part of next week allowing Silva to sign by Wednesday.
Ojc

17th Jul 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will go now IMO.
Tom

17th Jul 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
He will go now IMO.

It seems to be getting more inevetable yes, if we get sneijder and are able to buy silva as a result i'll feel reasonably compensated, but I think no matter what the mirror say that's unlikely.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jul 09 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that's the deal that's been touted, I'd be snatching Real's arm off. I'd actually take a straight swap for the dutchman
MarkM

17th Jul 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance Sneijder is as good as Alonso.
Cavey

17th Jul 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneijder is worth more than 10m tho, so it's a good deal for lpool if true
Marc

17th Jul 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manucho sold to Real Valladolid, another marketing ploy gone wrong!
MoesTavern

17th Jul 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barcelona want to swap Ibrahimovic for Eto plus 35 million apparently, what are they thinking, don't they know everyone on here thinks he's crap?

[Edited on 17-07-2009 by MoesTavern]
Nath

17th Jul 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jose must be laughing his crazy Portugese balls off.

[Edited on 17-07-2009 by Nath]
J da Silva

17th Jul 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Eto'o is still one the best strikers about, all the talk of him losing his good form is just bad press tbh.
Nath

17th Jul 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ For sure. Look at last season for example.
J da Silva

17th Jul 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really can't see what Ibra would bring to Camp Nou though, do you?
Nath

17th Jul 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't rate the man, so your guess is as good as mine.
Cosmo

18th Jul 09 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck have inter pulled off that deal?!!

And that article from Tom is nothing new, as yet Real still wont meet what we want and theyve already said Sneijder wont be going anywhere (he turned United down when Real wanted to use him as part of the Ronaldo deal and United wanted him).

And we dont need the funds from Alonso to buy Silva. We had bid £25m for Tevez after spending on Johnson, so we have at least that much there still.

Plus a deal for Silva has been on the cards for weeks now.
Cosmo

18th Jul 09 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is Barry trying to persuade that he didnt go to City for the money, us or himself?!

quote:

Gareth Barry has accused Rafa Benitez of a lack of respect after the Liverpool manager questioned the motives behind his move to Manchester City.

The England midfielder left Aston Villa for Eastlands earlier this summer having come close to joining the Anfield outfit last year, only for the deal to fall through.

Barry had previously claimed he was eager to play UEFA Champions League football, but City will have no involvement in continental competition this year, which led to Benitez suggesting his decision was purely financial.

The left-sided ace is adamant that the money on offer from the cash-rich Eastlands outfit did not sway him, and he was more impressed by City's desire to bring him on board as they look to challenge the established hierarchy in English football.
Wanted

"I found Rafa Benitez's comments a bit disrespectful," Barry told the Daily Telegraph.

"By that stage my decision was made and people should move on. There was genuine interest from Liverpool and I think he's probably just upset I chose City.

"I've been in the Premier League for 10 years, more, and the money I've been paid is phenomenal compared to your average, everyday working man. You live and work away from normal life anyway, so money's not a big factor.

"The difference was that City made me feel wanted. Liverpool had a chance to buy me last season but failed to pay the money, and only found it this year when they knew someone else had reached an agreement."

"There was a feeling of being let down. Excuses were made about things going on behind the scenes and in the boardroom, but I came out of it looking like a bad person.

"It took a long time for me to get back into the squad at Villa afterwards. It was tough to deal with.

"That's why there's nothing better than a club making you feel wanted and getting a deal done in days.

"It's not about money, it's about the chance to be part of something big from the very beginning at a club who really want you."

Yeah, I feel for Barry not feeling wanted by us. I mean the 18month chase, the continued press talk from Rafa, half the team, the fans, etc. I mean our desire to have him play for us was really hidden and I can see why he wouldnt feel wanted.
Cosmo

18th Jul 09 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How has this failed to get a mention yet? United's new superstar signing who is set to fill Ronaldo's boots is out for 3 months... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_5438013,00.html
p

18th Jul 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubt they will nip back in to the market then...
Cosmo

18th Jul 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As if they were ever out the market
p

18th Jul 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed but I didn't mean they were ever out of it. Just no doubt now because of the injury I think they will sign a couple more players.

<<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0299110 seconds