corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
4th Jan 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

The carbs you are eating are only slowing fat loss, prolonging the cutting phase when it could be spent building new muscle.

Genuine question - what about "athletes" (for want of a better word) who aren't JUST about building muscle but about using them too?

Depends on the sport and wether its training diet or pre comp diet. A sprinter wil have a different diet to a marathon runner etc.

As for 300 - 400g of protein a day, its fairly easy. 6 meals a day with 50-60g of protein at each meal which is attainable from 2 chicken breasts, a decent sized steak, 2 cans of tuna. put an egg in with your meal or a few nuts to wash it down with and you could piss your quota.
Tiesto

4th Jan 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really wan't to do this but need to find a copy. I remember a member was doing copies for a fiver, but can't remember who it was and search is useless!

[Edited on 04-01-2010 by Tiesto]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul_j or dan
Paul_J

5th Jan 10 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shotgun not doing it - > over to you dan.

*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxMwrcey5GA

FIT!
dannymccann

5th Jan 10 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do need to do some exercise, this seems pretty good, but can you do it with a 830 - 430 job, or does it require exercise at stupid times of the day? And do you just eat salad all day or can I stay to my cooked meals at work? Sorry I havent read the whole thread Im out off for work in 10 mins
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxMwrcey5GA

FIT!

Tits on that
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
I do need to do some exercise, this seems pretty good, but can you do it with a 830 - 430 job, or does it require exercise at stupid times of the day? And do you just eat salad all day or can I stay to my cooked meals at work? Sorry I havent read the whole thread Im out off for work in 10 mins

Can exercise at any time of the day, I tend to do it between 5 and 6pm. Workouts are roughly just less than an hour long each.

As for what you can eat - depends what your cooked meals are? Its certainly not all salad, but you will have to eat healthy to get decent/any results.
Dan
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever tried skipping? JESUS, i set my self up for HIIT, 1min on, 30sec off... was aiming for 9mins of it.

Its hard as fuck, i couldnt string 20seconds together, let alone 1 min. so i ended up skipping as much as i could, starting again, for about a min, then resting. Its fucking taxing on you,i was more out of breath than when running for the same period.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered me some JACK3D as running out of my current pre-workout drink - this is meant to be even stronger than anything Ive used so far so should be interesting.
Laney

5th Jan 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Has anyone ever tried skipping? JESUS, i set my self up for HIIT, 1min on, 30sec off... was aiming for 9mins of it.

Its hard as fuck, i couldnt string 20seconds together, let alone 1 min. so i ended up skipping as much as i could, starting again, for about a min, then resting. Its fucking taxing on you,i was more out of breath than when running for the same period.

Skipping is awesome! Its all about rhythm and co-ordination plus it works the arms too. Its hard but worth sticking with mate!
Dan
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, i felt good after it. I will soon get the hang of the co-ordination. Might do it rather than cycling on my other cardio session as i enjoyed it that much

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done Chest and Back - havent done anything for 8 days now as been ill so had to really push myself to keep up with what Ive done in previous weeks.

Technically this should be my last week (other than the final rest week). Im tempted to do this week then go straight in to another 90 days of my own slightly modified version of P90X, that way I'll be in the same week at most of you lot starting it.

BTW - Who has started this now?
Pop

5th Jan 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be doing day 2 in about 30 minutes.
Pop

5th Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also currently struggling to straighten my arms above my head, hopefully plyometrics won't need that to be achieved.
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
I'm also currently struggling to straighten my arms above my head, hopefully plyometrics won't need that to be achieved.

FPMSL, I remember when that happened to me the first day
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone is interested, the p90x DVDs are back on Amazon, £36 for the 13 separate DVDs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/P90X-Extreme-Home-Fitness-Horton/dp/B001CJ2RD6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262724386&sr=8-12
Paul_J

5th Jan 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
It's not a happy place to be. The diamond push ups are brutal.

I was like that with diamond push ups originally, now they're easy.
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait until you're doing next phase - Plange push ups, slow-mo push ups, one arm push ups, etc.
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, out of interest, what sort of figures are you doing for various push/pull ups?
K17STY

5th Jan 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have any of the girlies on here tried this yet? Tempted to give it a go, however I dont want to turn into some big gunned woman beefcake. I've not had a look yet what kind of results are women getting (apart from the blonde bit)
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K17STY
Have any of the girlies on here tried this yet? Tempted to give it a go, however I dont want to turn into some big gunned woman beefcake. I've not had a look yet what kind of results are women getting (apart from the blonde bit)

None on here yet, loads and loads of women have done it though. You just dont use the heavier weights and wont be a big gripper of a woman at the end.

All the workout vids have one woman in them doing all the stuff.
Pop

5th Jan 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo sadly you were right, day 2 is worse than day 1. The guy with the prosthetic leg was a damn site better than me. I started off well then Tony had me doing squats till I felt ill.

I'm loving it so far!
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Cosmo sadly you were right, day 2 is worse than day 1. The guy with the prosthetic leg was a damn site better than me. I started off well then Tony had me doing squats till I felt ill.

I'm loving it so far!

You'll be happy to know, imo, that is the worst day by far. And although it'll get easier it never actually gets easy

Be prepared tomorrow for your arms to hurt more than ever from yesterday, and for your legs to be absolutely fucked.
Matt L

5th Jan 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well... reading the past few reponses fills me with such confidence . I dont know if i could actually manage this but i do want to get toned, may have to do some other stuff before i even consider doing this.
Pop

5th Jan 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt - you may well be built like me. Challenge yourself and give it a go.

<<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0434530 seconds