corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
Tom G

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
It is actually an awesome game, I can see why people prefer it to COD. Only thing for me is it doesn't seem blatantly obvious who's on your team.

About to post the same thing up tbh.
mwg

2nd Oct 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Downloading now
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm enjoying (PC) beta so far, the bugs aren't that annoying.

I seem to spend an aweful lot of time dying after I've seemingly found cover - don't know if it's client latency or just sluggish hit detection.

These semi auto sniper rifles are far too effective though, even I'm raping with them

edit: player collisions are a horrible idea too - number of times my squad spawns on me, then pushes me out of my cover.... RAAAAAGE

[Edited on 02-10-2011 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
mwg

2nd Oct 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graphics look worse than Bad Company 2? Please say its just cos its a BETA.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Graphics look worse than Bad Company 2? Please say its just cos its a BETA.

look ok on ultra settings but i agree with you tbh.. there isnt enough MSAA
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ultra settings are not configured on the beta, only high settings.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right... i aint got a chance of running it on ultra then. lol
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not everything will be optimized properly in the beta, there will be things missing. That's why I would never fully judge a game off a small beta. You still playing it a lot?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the proper game have hardcore modes where people take less damage, etc?
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes HC will be in the full game, server side option so can be toggled quite easily.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i play a round or two a day. not really that much tbh.

since ghe stats are going to be reset, i dont want to work through everything to have to do it all again. lol
wwwNOOBcom

3rd Oct 11 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played a bit of it and dont know if i prefer bc2 over it
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i need to play on a propper map on a conquest game mode before i can compare it with bc2.. im hopeful.. just.
mwg

3rd Oct 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only played on it for about 45 minutes in total but I really like it. Apart from the graphics which are poor but it does look like they aren't finished so will be better in the full game. Just wish the BETA had hardcore, hate playing in spastic mode!
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it atm, 6 pistol bullets to the face and then he turned around n killed me... i raged!

i managed to kill a guy with the knife as he shot me,, we killed each other. lol

on a plus note, i havent had it were two players kill each other at the same time like in bc2, that used to piss me off no end!
JonnyJ

3rd Oct 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I've only played on it for about 45 minutes in total but I really like it. Apart from the graphics which are poor but it does look like they aren't finished so will be better in the full game. Just wish the BETA had hardcore, hate playing in spastic mode!

Aye they do look ropey as fuck hoping they improve for the full game. Gave the 870 shotgun a go, took me five shots to kill someone who was about medium distance away I reckon they must have turned the damage they do down (which is a good thing as you could near enough snipe with a SG in BC2) as even though it wasnt hardcore it still took a fair few hits.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem was on bc2 was your firt shot hit bang on where you aim, they should use HC damage but make the first shot differ from time to time. being sniped from the mg3 pisses me off when im sat there with a sniper..
mwg

3rd Oct 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Aye they do look ropey as fuck hoping they improve for the full game. Gave the 870 shotgun a go, took me five shots to kill someone who was about medium distance away I reckon they must have turned the damage they do down (which is a good thing as you could near enough snipe with a SG in BC2) as even though it wasnt hardcore it still took a fair few hits.

I noticed the shot gun wasn't as powerful at distance but its because it doesn't have the 12g slug on it (yet) that was when it came in to its own! I've still managed a few head shot kills with that bad boy though

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by mwg]
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched a live stream yesterday of a guy with a sniper scope on a shotgun, fletchet(sp) rounds or something, he was owning, quite a good range on it too.
A2H GO

3rd Oct 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I watched a guy with a sniper scope on a shotgun, quite a good range on it.

And people say COD's shit..
3CorsaMeal

3rd Oct 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

you use a 12g slug, which travels quite far, like a bullet.
danny_vx

3rd Oct 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the shotgun with sniper scope vid your referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNg8KNF3vM
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

People actually use shotguns with high powered scopes for hunting, doesn't mean they have sniper range. It's just better for longer range rounds.

CoD on the other hand has attack dogs with explosives strapped to them.

[Edited on 03-10-2011 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a good example but;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvGWfdiTkqQ

Shotgun with a long range scope
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the GTA style destructable environment Throw a grenade near a tree and it uproots and just falls over on the ground Other bits work better like when you shoot wooden panels etc.

In all, it does seem wicked and I'm probably gonna buy it. Just the telling who the enemy are that's a pisser for me at the mo and also on this rush gametype the fuckin spawning does my tree in. I'll be progressing thinking I've cleared an area, then some cunt will appear out of no where behind and get me

Also had a few glitches, like that blue screen overlay, no aiming, no running, falling down under the map, etc. Obviously these should get sorted and is the idea of the beta.

<<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >>

New Poll