corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  76    77    78    79    80    81    82  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Raz18

User status: Offline
20th Jan 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine bay looks very tidy, the new seats look awesome.
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys

Mark, I'll give you a shout mate yeah. Shouldn't be too long now till they are ready to go in. Cant wait!

Jambo, they are very similar arent they You have good taste in seats

Update on the interior Yesterday I decided to crack on with doing a few subtitle black touches to the interior. I decided to do the pillar plastics and roof lining in black

The first job was to get the cage back out again. Took a while but we got there in the end! Then I started stripping everything out

Also found the first bit of welding the corsa will be needing Some nasty rot in the spare wheel well. Going to get all cut out and have a new bottom part welding in soon hopefully.

Next I rubbed back the plastics as best I could. Didn't want to go too mad and end up putting deep marks in them. Then I laid them out ready for some paint

After a coat of primer and three coats of matt black

Much better! Next up was the roof lining. I took three cans of paint to get a decent cover on it

Everything was left overnight then ready to be refitted today

New smoked interior light from a Vectra as well. Got it ages ago but never took a pic

Just waiting for the cage and rear brace to be powdercoated now then it can be refitted along with the seats

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by shaunmods]
SeanXE

22nd Jan 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Making me want to do my roof lining like that too! Think I'll be checking under my spare wheel today... Can't wait for the cage to be back Nice work Shaun
Ben G

22nd Jan 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanted to do that to the puma but never got round to it. too scared of pulling the plastics off and not getting the back on

you gonna do the sunvisors and the pull handle thing?

such a massive improvement though shaun!
MarkSport

22nd Jan 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to splice the interior light wires and get all 3 lights working

h yeah, i got something for you...I'll drop it down when im next round (unless you call me for help with the seats)
JaffaTB

22nd Jan 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well mate, ive done my lining and pillars black too, gloss black though, not fitted yet hopefully doing it thursday when i'm off sick from work
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome Shaun! Really good job!

The roof lining looks mint,might have to give this ago when i've done exterior

Keep us updated buddy!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a link to a tutorial I did on AllCorsa for wiring in the Vectra interior light just incase you need it

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/wire-vectra-b-33672.html

MX5 Project Thread
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matey

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
NeilGSI

22nd Jan 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks awesome shaun , love this car,

what kind of paint did you use for your roof lining?
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all!

Dan + Sean, deffo give it a go. Makes a big difference I found. Feels nice and cosey inside it now lol

Ben, I know what you mean! I started pulling it all apart and thought "shit what the hell have I started here!" All went back together easily enough though luckily. Not sure what to do about the visors etc yet. Worried about the paint flaking off them Might have a bash at them though

Mark what is it?

Cheers for the tutorial nibnob Been meaning to sort that for a while!

Neil, I just used normal gloss black on mine mate. I had 3 tins I bought for a quid each from a show ages ago that I never used.

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by shaunmods]
SeanXE

22nd Jan 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah looks it lol just wonder if it will be harder on mine being a sunroof.. or is it easy getting the roof lining off? Never done it before

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by SeanXE]
Christopher

22nd Jan 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Likeeee
AlexW

22nd Jan 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plastic prime the Sunvisors etc, Same as I hope you did with the Pillar trims. Mine have been fine.
JaffaTB

22nd Jan 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used poundland black gloss on mine
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good
I love my roof lining, but when i first fitted it, it made the roof seem really low

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate

The head lining is is just base colour no primer on clear, just gloss. Because it's came out really well and I want to either get mine flocked or spray, so if it's easy enough il just paint it lol
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
Looking good mate

The head lining is is just base colour no primer on clear, just gloss. Because it's came out really well and I want to either get mine flocked or spray, so if it's easy enough il just paint it lol

Yeah literally just gloss black base and thats it No primer or clear coat. It took 3 cans of paint to cover it though
AlexW

24th Jan 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised it took so many cans, I just used one, Although mine was done with satin black, not that your notice the difference between Gloss/Satin/Matt on the head lining.
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done some repairs to the corsa over the weekend seeing as the weather was a bit nicer

I think I mentioned a few pages back the little teething problems I've been having with the car. Slowly starting to whittle to list down now though!

The first thing to crack on with was the sump. Basically when I first got the engine I stripped the drain plug on it Luckily I managed to get it to seal right the first couple of times I took it out but when I rebuilt it I couldn't get it to seal properly. Me and my dad put a new thread in it when we did its first 500 mile oil change but we managed to make it even worse lol. Ended up with my drive looking like this -

My mum wasnt impressed lol. Anyhoo I eventually ran out of oil to top it up with so I needed to get a new sump sharpish! Managed to get one from the lovely AW06 Cheers again mate for getting it to me so quickly

First thing I did was to give it a damn good clean with some petrol, then I rubbed it right back and gave it a fresh coat of silver

The corsa was roughly due its next oil and filter change anyway so it was pretty good timing actually. This time I decided to go for some 15w 40 semi-synthetic oil. Reason being is every now and then it would tap slightly for a second or two on very cold starts. Hopefully the slightly thicker oil with stop that.

New oil filter, sump plug washer and gasket

Got the car up in the air first and quickly gave the underside a quick wipe off ready to start work. Really needs a damn good clean under there at some point. The winter has left it in a right state!

We had to drop the manifold down slightly to get the sump off

Sump off

and the nice shiny new one fitted!

While I had it in the air we also sorted my leaky cv boot. Couldn't get it to clamp up tight enough before but after a bit of work we got a good seal on it finally

The wheel was in a bit of a state though from the grease So I cleaned that all of with some white spirit and then gave it a good polish and coat of wax

after

Keeping my fingers crossed that I get the cage and brace back this week as well

[Edited on 31-01-2011 by shaunmods]
Raz18

31st Jan 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car looks mint as ever, is that washer universal for corsa's, ive got a leak from my sump plug and need to change the washer when i do an oil change
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Raz18
your car looks mint as ever, is that washer universal for corsa's, ive got a leak from my sump plug and need to change the washer when i do an oil change

Yeah its one Halfords do one specifically for Vauxhalls bud *Touch wood* I haven't seen a drop of oil coming out the bottom of it yet lol.

[Edited on 31-01-2011 by shaunmods]
Raz18

31st Jan 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmodsYeah its one Halfords do specifically for Vauxhalls bud *Touch wood* I haven't seen a drop of oil coming out the bottom of it yet lol.

Ahh great, will have to get one soon.
danny90

31st Jan 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did u get your silicone hoses from m8
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hoses were direct from Roose

http://www.roosemotorsport.com/

<<  76    77    78    79    80    81    82  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0376291 seconds