corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R..........

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Civic Type R..........
whitter45

User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
i can assure you a CTR does not get 10 car lengths ahead of me

my point is you take the piss out of other peoples cars when you drive something which some would consider a bit of a gyers cars.

8k is still more than 2900

I have NEVER said mine is better, i said i wouldnt get battered by a CTR, all i said is my car was cheap, quick 0-60, comfortable, very good hanlding, air con, leather interior etc etc etc

I never said it would be ten car lengths read the post PROPERLY. I stated he would beat you off the line whether its a car or ten car lengths he is still faster

Yes but as the CTR gets older that will become a similar price range maybe not a scheap as its a better car so what your point again
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and I never take the piss out of everyones cars as most peopel have very nice cars and its personal taste

Persoanlly i think yoru car is wank and alot of people on here think your a tosser.

Not everyone can be wrong surely??
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only better in your opinion, i dont like the fact you have to constantly rag the shit out of it, it looks horrible and there are better performng cars out there.
Dione J

5th Apr 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTEC just kicked in yo

whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
only better in your opinion, i dont like the fact you have to constantly rag the shit out of it, it looks horrible and there are better performng cars out there.

comapring new to new a the VXR, ST, Golf, LEON, CTR are very similar in performance but the CTR is consierably less bar the LEON so how can that be
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
and I never take the piss out of everyones cars as most peopel have very nice cars and its personal taste

Persoanlly i think yoru car is wank and alot of people on here think your a tosser.

why are you getting personal pathetic.

i couldnt give a shit what you think, i bought my car as a cheap quick fun to drive car that will do me until my house is all sorted and i can then buy a newer car.

All you post is your cars wank etc etc etc or CTR would hand you your arse etc

topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

comapring new to new a the VXR, ST, Golf, LEON, CTR are very similar in performance but the CTR is consierably less bar the LEON so how can that be

i ment i would rather spend 8k on an Evo or subaru, both of which offer a lot more IMO than the CTR
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

why are you getting personal pathetic.

i couldnt give a shit what you think, i bought my car as a cheap quick fun to drive car that will do me until my house is all sorted and i can then buy a newer car.

All you post is your cars wank etc etc etc or CTR would hand you your arse etc

I think you will find i don't - read the post from start to finish

The CTR has done wonders for the market as the bar has been raised and has forced VW, Vaux, SEAT, Ford to bring out proper hot hatches

The fact that it is one of the few that does not use turbo power has to be admire although it will not suit everyones taste
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

i ment i would rather spend 8k on an Evo or subaru, both of which offer a lot more IMO than the CTR

You cannot use that example though. The CTR posted at the beginning is probably close to 18k thus I would sooner get a high milage M3 for that price but thats not the arguement
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look IMO if i had 8k i wuld rather buy a cheaper NA car like mine, a clio williams, VR6 etc which are not exactly going to get battered by a CTR.

For 8k i would want Evo, Impreza etc hence my choice to buy a fun hot hatch and save for a better car.

FFS cant people have opinions other than CTR and 20xe corsas
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
look IMO if i had 8k i wuld rather buy a cheaper NA car like mine, a clio williams, VR6 etc which are not exactly going to get battered by a CTR.

For 8k i would want Evo, Impreza etc hence my choice to buy a fun hot hatch and save for a better car.

FFS cant people have opinions other than CTR and 20xe corsas

End of the day personal opinion but your comments are not justified thats why you get the response you get such as

TT is a gay car
CTR is slow
etc etc
Marc

5th Apr 07 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
End of the day personal opinion but your comments are not justified thats why you get the response you get such as

TT is a gay car
CTR is slow
Spurs to win all the cups
Etc etc

nik

5th Apr 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of Evo do you want for 8k?
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=1&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=MITSUBISHI&min_pr=4000&source=0&model=LANCER&max_pr=&miles=100&agerange=&mileage=5&postcode=nn7+2bh&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=14&ukcarsearch_full.y=8
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want a decent low miler, preferably standard
A1EX

5th Apr 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all that arguing saying you're holding out for an evo etc and you could buy a new this and that but wont cus of depreciation etc and you looking at evo 4's
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he asked what evo for 8k, i do have other things i would like to buy other than a car

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by topshot_2k]
A1EX

5th Apr 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool cool
Daimo B

5th Apr 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
EXACTLY, people seem to make a big deal about a TINY performance difference, even with the CTR being the slowest of the new hot hatchs, its still winning the group tests i have read, based both on its track ability and just the feel of the car.

Performance wise they are all so similar as it doesnt really matter anyway, ooo you pulled out a car length WOW!

My dad has a astra VXR, with exhaust and remap and tbh even when in the full sport induced 285bhp theres not much in it between our cars, the astras are fairly lardy, and have huge wheels! That said the new CTR is also fairly lardy, and can have the same huge wheels lol.

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by AdiSRI]

HUGLEY disagree there im afraid from my experience...

We've not had any issues with any Type R civics so far, and the Tegs aint that much faster.

Yet we lost out HUGLEY down a 1km straight to a remapped and exhausted VXR in our standard one.

Also not had any issues with any ST's yet either (much to the ST owners dissapointments).

I lvoe the DC2, and DC5 for looks, but also i've seen the crazy japanese track test videos of all the Honda R's.....

The last shape Civic came out best, beating both the Integra DC2 AND DC5 round a track over 2 laps. They were great, and still are today, but the designs are getting on now, and other hot hatch cars have caught up.

Having said that, im still a NA fan on a racetrack anyway as I like the way power is delivered in NA compared to forced induction cars. Astras great fun on track and immensly faster than my corsa, but i still prefer my Corsas power delivery (just not the handling )

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R.......... 22 database queries in 0.0158272 seconds