corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Thread 01-02/05

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League Thread 01-02/05
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   2nd May 07 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Latest odds (as of Ladbrokes near Marylebone station):
-Chelsea win 6/1
-Liverpool win 10/1
-Draw 14/

Just to clarify those odds I stated yesterday were odds on chelsea/liverpool winning the champions league final not the match yesterday. And the draw was actually for the match yesterday eve- someone who I was with in london yesterday kindly pointed this fact out to me (damn rushing for trains I didn't read the board properly )

Well... what can I say about the match last nite... Liverpool dominated most of the match and played really well I felt (esp Riise). I really don't know what Jose is talking about when he said he felt chelsea were the "better side" wtf is he blind/biased! (and yes this is a chelsea supporter typing this). Everytime the camera went onto him during the match he was just sat there lolling around like a bladder on a stick with his hands together not giving any direction etc.

What a nitemare match to watch- in the fact that it was really really tense! OMG I went round to my mum+dads house to watch it and I was watching the second half and extra time mostly through my hands And my heart sank after Kuyt scored again (but was then deemed offside). Absolutely hate watching penalty shoot outs and Liverpool have a good track record for these- think they were saying on SkySports News this morning that Liverpool have won 11/12 penalty shoot outs and Reine has won 5/7 (as a goalkeeper)??

Anyway... gutted chelsea didn't go through but on the plus side at least one english team *so far* will be in the final so well done to liverpool Cosmopolitan were you there last night ??

As for the match tonight- vidic+ferdinand might be playing because they played together in training yesterday. Maldini (sp) is out with a knee injury.

JILL
Marc

2nd May 07 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COSMOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
--Dave--
Banned

2nd May 07 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
the most boring game of football ever. neither team deserved it.

I disagree.

Liverpool clearly wanted it more. I take it you didn't see their players closing down Chelsea at every given opportunity then?

Both teams were happy to play the long ball after the goal which is fair enough, you don't want to leave yourself open. Liverpool dominated in larger parts of the game I felt and did well to limit Chelsea to only 2 decent chances.

From the 120 minutes Liverpool deserved to win imo.

--Dave--
Banned

2nd May 07 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
-Chelsea win 6/1
-Liverpool win 10/1
-Draw 14/

Just to clarify those odds I stated yesterday were odds on chelsea/liverpool winning the champions league final not the match yesterday. And the draw was actually for the match yesterday eve- someone who I was with in london yesterday kindly pointed this fact out to me (damn rushing for trains I didn't read the board properly )

Well... what can I say about the match last nite... Liverpool dominated most of the match and played really well I felt (esp Riise). I really don't know what Jose is talking about when he said he felt chelsea were the "better side" wtf is he blind/biased! (and yes this is a chelsea supporter typing this). Everytime the camera went onto him during the match he was just sat there lolling around like a bladder on a stick with his hands together not giving any direction etc.

What a nitemare match to watch- in the fact that it was really really tense! OMG I went round to my mum+dads house to watch it and I was watching the second half and extra time mostly through my hands And my heart sank after Kuyt scored again (but was then deemed offside). Absolutely hate watching penalty shoot outs and Liverpool have a good track record for these- think they were saying on SkySports News this morning that Liverpool have won 11/12 penalty shoot outs and Reine has won 5/7 (as a goalkeeper)??

Anyway... gutted chelsea didn't go through but on the plus side at least one english team *so far* will be in the final so well done to liverpool Cosmopolitan were you there last night ??

As for the match tonight- vidic+ferdinand might be playing because they played together in training yesterday. Maldini (sp) is out with a knee injury.

JILL

we need more fans like you in Match Day Jill.

I hope Ferdinand and Vidic do play. Man Utd looked sloppy at the back last week and having these two back will help them a lot.
dave17

2nd May 07 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt very dirty for celebrating for Liverpool last night
Nath

2nd May 07 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need United to go through now!
Jamie Walby

2nd May 07 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
quote:
quote:
-Chelsea win 6/1
-Liverpool win 10/1
-Draw 14/

JILL

I hope Ferdinand and Vidic do play. Man Utd looked sloppy at the back last week and having these two back will help them a lot.

I love you Dave.
Tom

2nd May 07 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

2nd May 07 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im fucked though. The game was bad enough let alone having to watch pens. My voice has gone and Ive a bad head from the rather large amounts of beer I drank afterwards.

Athens here we come, and No.6 is on its way home!!
Nath

2nd May 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to Athens Cosmotron?

Well done by the way.
Tom

2nd May 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you've got a space on your arm for another star cosmo.

I am fucked also I drank 8 beers during the match mainly due to nerves, then went for a few after.

Best night since the istanbul night even though I was just round my mates again soooooo happy man.

Jill, I must aplaude you mourinho was shell shocked, best team pah

Like I have just been saying to my mates in work, making excuses makes you look like a twat, do the talking on the pitch, difference between rafa and jose is we don;t need to moan about bad decisions (on-side anyone ) because we did our job on the pitch.

corsa_gsi_16v

2nd May 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and well done to kuyt and the others for trying to sing along with the fans, which is what we want to see aswell!
Edd

2nd May 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im fucked though. The game was bad enough let alone having to watch pens. My voice has gone and Ive a bad head from the rather large amounts of beer I drank afterwards.

Athens here we come, and No.6 is on its way home!!

to be pedantic Milan or Madrid would be the European cups home if it had one
Rachel H

2nd May 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool V Ipswich in the final, John Wark for the cup.
Tom

2nd May 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'put your hands up for dirk kuyt, he loves this city'

Edd you are right but it's never gonna be glasgow
gianluigi

2nd May 07 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come one you milanese beauties
Tom

2nd May 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
chelsea v milan final

FPMSL, right on the money as per cockinshit
RyanSxi

2nd May 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
chelsea v milan final

lol i saw this before yesterdays kick off and said the opposite as topshot is always wrong

gonna be a liverpool v united final imo. although there will be alot of scouse tears tbh
Tom

2nd May 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
chelsea v milan final

lol i saw this before yesterdays kick off and said the opposite as topshot is always wrong

gonna be a liverpool v united final imo. although there will be alot of scouse tears tbh

You're not even there yet FPMSL, I will be hitting the quote button tomorrow if you lose

Scouse tears btw, pah, you needs gypsy tears to keep that lead at the san siro
Edd

2nd May 07 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
'put your hands up for dirk kuyt, he loves this city'

Edd you are right but it's never gonna be glasgow

Jill
Premium Member

2nd May 07 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

Aw cheers

JILL
Nath

2nd May 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is GREG1 these days?
Cosmo

2nd May 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
to be pedantic Milan or Madrid would be the European cups home if it had one

technically...we got to keep the real cup when we won 5 (as did AC and Real Im guessing) so home is at any of the 3 grounds
Marc

2nd May 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a copy
Cosmo

2nd May 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
We have a copy

we have 4 of those

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Thread 01-02/05 23 database queries in 0.0137641 seconds