corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
Dee
Banned

User status: Offline
8th Jun 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
if this thread had been before pvs, do you think there would have been fights? with peoples lips coming off etc?

I think Rob Lee would have threatened to do lots, but scurried past with his head down in fear of getting filled in.

You really are the biggest internet warrior on here aren't you.

Do you act like this in real life? stop acting like a big hard man when you're just a lanky streek of piss that could proberly get blown over by my 18month old daughter.

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Monster]

Lanky? WTF I'm 5ft 9 Whos acting like the hard man? I'm certainly not.
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its talk like this thats spoils things imo
Scotty C

8th Jun 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee

yes you are. You always do.
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? We are having a discussion regarding other websites which share a common intrest and where Ian spends the money he makes, its a valid discussion I feel.
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
quote:
Originally posted by Dee

yes you are. You always do.

WTF? Far from it!! Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not like that at all.
Scotty C

8th Jun 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, we'll leave it that.
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
This thread is a good read. I was talking to JR at PV about other stands and we discussed about the fact that Corsa-D had 3 cars on and Corsa-B had how ever many there was.

I my opinion would it not make more sense for the smaller clubs for exampe corsa2corsa and such like to join Corsasport and be one massive club this increasing the amount of funds what come in. More funds i see it means more things at shows which means better publicity i would of thought. I don't even own a corsa and yet Ian let me park at the back of the stand. If this is not a community then i don't know what is.3

I have made loads of friends, received shed loads of help and support when doing my engine conversion. Enjoyed various shows and outings for example Rolling Road day, the go-carting last year and the monthly meets we have in the Northwest.

Perfect example of a community i would of thought.
Keep up the good work

thats my point oliver its supposed to be productive thread not a bitching session which some people lead it into
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But people might want to start their own community, I see both sides of the coin.
Rob B

8th Jun 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ just rad a bit of this...

£12.50 a year is nothing IMO

You get image hosting, our stand is by far the best everyear and the website is the quickest i go on as well as probably the best designed too.

Go on Saxosportsclub who charge 20 quid a year for fuk all then tell me corsasport is to much...

I hope Ian does take some money from it
TheCam

8th Jun 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this whole thread started iirc about what ian does with the membership money. IMHO Ian puts a hell of a lot of work into this side and £12.50 a year is spmething like 25p a week... hardly gonni miss it are we. If Ian makes money from the site then good on him. he deserves it. on some other sites its £20 a year.
gianluigi

8th Jun 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget the benefits we get from paying £12.50

when i signed up, i paid for the benefits availiable, garage, avater, sig. after that, where the money goes doesn't bother me.

i know if ran a website and people paid £12 to get extra facilities id be making sure some of that went in my pocket

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by gianluigi]
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody, not even me is disputing Ian pocketing some of the money, its just nice to know where its going.

Thanks

Best Regards
Rob B

8th Jun 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I beg you all to go on SSC and see what you get for 20 quid a year, not even image hosting
Shane

8th Jun 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the way this thread has twisted and turned from 'corsa-b is gay' to telling people they are twats etc I LOVE THIS SITE
Daimo B

8th Jun 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't Saxosports have a lot more proper meets, events and days out planned though. They used to im sure. Loads of track days etc...

JR struggled to get what, 15 Corsas ona track day out of about what, 10,000 members????
gianluigi

8th Jun 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Nobody, not even me is disputing Ian pocketing some of the money, its just nice to know where its going.

Thanks

Best Regards

why though ted? the only time i would ask where its going, is if the site ran slow and nothing was done, or i went to a show like pvs or trax, and nothing was organised well, and i wasnt satisfied. but the site is running beautifly, and a PVS was a stormer, it really was.

thanks
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see what the problem with £12.50 a year IF YOU WANT TO PAY IT is?

I don't really GAF where my money goes, for all I care, it can pay for Ians piano tuner or whatever.

I went to PVS 2005 on the VXSCC stand, it was badly organised, and cost me £30 for a years membership, for which I had nothing to show... The next year, I went with CS, great layout, well organised, nice and welcoming.

£30 for nothing, or £17.50 less for image hosting, email, a better forum, more people (I don't speak to anyone from the VXSCC now, they were all old and had Vectras)

Ian and Tim put in a lot of work on here, Tim is online pretty much every day, but doesn't post, because he's busy programming, to make things better for us to use, but people seem to forget that...

I don't have a problem with the other sites, but I agree it might be a better venture if they were combined and had a much bigger stand at shows, as everyone would benefit.

Not a lot of stands had lighting, an indoor seating area, drinks, baloons, stickers etc, but CS did, because Ian spent the money on the users, as well as covering his overheads.

If he does make a profit, fair play, him and Tim deserve something for their time.

Queue flaming for arse licking
Iain M

But why would you want to set up your own club and run the risk of it been a flop, when you can join an already well established one. Its the best £12.50 i spend a year.

Going back to other clubs, pefect example my brother had a corsa c, so joined corsa c club, went to PV last year he said that no-one spoke to him no-one give a shit who he was, where he parked as long as it was on the stand. By Trax of the same year he was with us on Corsasport. If that doesn't say something then i don't know what does. Every time i turn up at an event i get spoke to.
Scotty C

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Doesn't Saxosports have a lot more proper meets, events and days out planned though. They used to im sure. Loads of track days etc...

JR struggled to get what, 15 Corsas ona track day out of about what, 10,000 members????

22k members
Daimo B

8th Jun 07 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Ian needs to go through and clear the old members....

Bet there isn't even 5000 active users, let alone 22,000
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Jr struggled to get people for a track day, as not many people have track day cars, people couldn't make it, there were broken cars etc.

As for the bit about meets, that's bollocks, there's monthly regional meets, they might not be national, but there's still lots of meets.
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
quote:
Originally posted by Dee

Thanks

Best Regards

why though ted? the only time i would ask where its going, is if the site ran slow and nothing was done, or i went to a show like pvs or trax, and nothing was organised well, and i wasnt satisfied. but the site is running beautifly, and a PVS was a stormer, it really was.

thanks

Ok Bert, I see your point mate, I accept it because your a lovely lad and your not hostile.
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Thing is though thats not JR's fault thats the fault of people who say yeah i'll go and then never turn up, its the same when people off here say they will buy something off you then when it comes to handing the money over they dissapear.
Kathryn W

8th Jun 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day if you dont like the way its done GTF
gianluigi

8th Jun 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
quote:
Originally posted by Dee

Thanks

Best Regards

thanks

Ok Bert, I see your point mate, I accept it because your a lovely lad and your not hostile.

when i see you again, i'll give you a man hug just for posting the above. such a lovely chap

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 22 database queries in 0.0160320 seconds