corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » russia - england

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author russia - england
p

User status: Offline
17th Oct 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:
He missed a chance that he should of scored, great. Was a whole game full of errors. Gerrard didnt play well, but then again no one else did either.

Don't think Rooney made an error when he scored that superb goal

Nah, when he brought the payer down for a Pen he did though

The player dived, that excuse normally works, oh and outside the box, that one works also.
Cosmo

17th Oct 07 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The player dived, that excuse normally works, oh and outside the box, that one works also.

Yet still a pen. Much like his offside goal was still a goal.

Anyway, Im not going through every player with you, the team played shite - Gerrard included. Lampard wouldnt of helped, especially in his current England form.
Jules S
Premium Member

17th Oct 07 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little part of me hopes we don't qualify.....at least that way we will get rid of McClaren
MarkM

17th Oct 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McClaren did the damage months ago. The recent run of decent results against average sides have masked the fact he is a wanker...

Simple
Marc

17th Oct 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should never have dropped our David
Jules S
Premium Member

17th Oct 07 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
McClaren did the damage months ago. The recent run of decent results against average sides have masked the fact he is a wanker...

Simple

Agreed, panic mangement at best when going behind.

Fnarr etc
Gavin
Premium Member

17th Oct 07 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Jules... theres abit in side me that hopes we dont quality!

We are not going to win anything with the current setup. Its been YEARS!!! since we've taken a squad to a major toury looking in tip top shape!

Take the last world cup! There for the taking but we never got out of 2nd gear. Euro 2006 (I think greece won it that year), so of the big guns got knocked out and that could have been OUR year!

The last time i've watched a good England performance in a major toury was when Euro was held here in England!

Its time to get rid of the "i'm bigger than England" players. That includes players like Lampard - excellent for chelsea, shite for England. He aint the only one!

Young lads dream of putting on that England shirt and running out for their country! but thats all gone.... today, we seen a number of players who just couldnt give two fecks about playing for their country. I hate to say it... but the rugby team has it spot on in terms of attitude. You watch the egg chaser during the national anthem.... all singing out loudly.... proud to be playing for their country!

IMO...

- sack MacClown!
- bring in new training staff
- F.A. re-shuffle
- drop the selfish big headed 'stars' and replace them with young hungry players!

We're virtually out of euro 2008.... so lets clear the rot and start a fresh! Players like Beckham, Lampard, Owen etc wont be around for WC2010 so lets start building a future world cup team. Lets get some of the England under 21's into the senior squad. We have some excellent young talent coming through... Ashley Young, Walcott, Gabby A, Carson and more! These are our future...

pew pew pew pewwwww
Cosmo

17th Oct 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
Ashley Young, Walcott, Gabby A, Carson and more! These are our future...

God I hope thats not our best to come
Russ

18th Oct 07 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope it is ¬_¬
Jill
Premium Member

18th Oct 07 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Jill's vocabulary FTW

thank you MC, it's nice to be appreciated

JILL
stubbsy05

18th Oct 07 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney needs anger management classes ffs he needs to stay composed.

I disagree on the whole lampard saga. He gets goals for england and thats what counts. Fair enough he hasn't been up to his usual standard and england should only play those players who are worthy of the game. Gerrad missing that sitter though!
Jill
Premium Member

18th Oct 07 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

Simple

agreed. He shouldn't IMO initially have dropped Beckham. Fair enough the newbies are now beginning to prove themselves but the damage has been done.

Was watching MOTD after work yesterday eve and McClaren lives in a dreamworld! When asked how the matches result would affect his career when a lot of people are asking if he'd leave etc if Eng don't qualify- he replied something along the lines of "I'm just trying to do my job to the best of my ability and going to keep doing my job until it's no longer possible" Ok fair enough...

JILL
CR7
Banned

18th Oct 07 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cosmo online
Should of started Lampard TBQH.

fuck off, Lampard was/is crap.... he wasted corners and general play in the last 5 minutes
RyanSxi

18th Oct 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit tbh and why the hell did rooney take 90% of the attacking throw ins?
CR7
Banned

18th Oct 07 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryan, you not noticed this for United, when Rooney looses his head a bit, he starts taking corners/throw-ins and generally going very very deep....
RyanSxi

18th Oct 07 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CR7
Ryan, you not noticed this for United, when Rooney looses his head a bit, he starts taking corners/throw-ins and generally going very very deep....

not as much as last night. every1 in the pub was like, why the fuck is he taking the throws. although it lucked like a tactic as richards (who you would expect to take em) would stand near the post then run in and head it on. mclaren tactic i think
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like his tactic to play two wingers to cross the ball in....but also two small forwards who wont win much in the air
RyanSxi

18th Oct 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Like his tactic to play two wingers to cross the ball in....but also two small forwards who wont win much in the air

why didnt he get rooney to drop off and make a 5 man midfield for 10 mins or so when russia were pressing or even make a sub. but nooooo he just let it slide then bring super downing on. great
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, most people could see the goals coming...I even said on here before it

Thats when the guy needs some tactical knowledge - either go defensive or attack to defend....he did neither
RyanSxi

18th Oct 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh they were on the edge of the area for a good few minutes pinging shots in and when the ball got cleared it went to a red shirt. at any level alarm bells should start ringing.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Oct 07 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shambles is my only comment

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
smack

18th Oct 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with gavin
the kids under 21 are amazing, they play with real passion like they want to be there and never stop
its time to do some cleaning and get rid of these players who think there bigger than england
--DAN--

18th Oct 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
i agree with gavin
the kids under 21 are amazing, they play with real passion like they want to be there and never stop
its time to do some cleaning and get rid of these players who think there bigger than england

Totally agree, although I believe that Stuart Pearce has a huge bearing on the passion the under 21's show, he would really get the seniors up for it, unfortunately he is still a bit tactically naive at the moment.
Carl

18th Oct 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-dan
quote:
Originally posted by smack
i agree with gavin

Totally agree, although I believe that Stuart Pearce has a huge bearing on the passion the under 21's show, he would really get the seniors up for it, unfortunately he is still a bit tactically naive at the moment.

adding to the reason Big Sam should have been appointed as England manager.
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
adding to the reason Big Sam should have been appointed as England manager.

Yeah, because he is so tactically aware

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » russia - england 24 database queries in 0.0992179 seconds