corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Sunday 16th Dec - Monthly Meet

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunday 16th Dec - Monthly Meet
Warren G

User status: Offline
5th Dec 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be able to make this one, going to chelsmford for the night
AndyW

5th Dec 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmmmmmmmm Fish n Eellss..

depends if ppl i know r goin up not goin on my own! cost me like £20 in petrol last time!
Fonz
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i be a complete prat and ask for the details?

i have the names and the location but what the times intentions etc?

add me as a maybe
JM_16v

6th Dec 07 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it worth inviting SC, EA and EM
Fro

6th Dec 07 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

depends if ppl i know r goin up not goin on my own! cost me like £20 in petrol last time!

I'll be going, not sure about pickles as he's out the night before.
P1CK4D

6th Dec 07 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

I'll be going, not sure about pickles as he's out the night before.

Yeah I should be going. These meets dont start till 1 or something so shouldn't be a problem. I might need a lift though off one of you kind chaps as my cars still a write off!
Fro

6th Dec 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fine by me Richy Baby
P1CK4D

6th Dec 07 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fine by me Richy Baby

The love is here!
AndyW

6th Dec 07 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cool well i say we do same i meet you after i finish football... n convey cos there is noway im findin that place on my own!
Fro

6th Dec 07 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i've got the golf i dont mind taking both of ya, but its a bit touch and go....
deano87

6th Dec 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v

No need, all the people that count from SC will be there
P1CK4D

6th Dec 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If i've got the golf i dont mind taking both of ya, but its a bit touch and go....

If thats the case, "Shotgun!"
Tommy L

6th Dec 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v

No need, all the people that count from SC will be there

EM over here
Fro

6th Dec 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:

Andy is rather er large
LiL_AnGeL

6th Dec 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I is still a maybe as of Solenoids

if i do Fro u better meet me as i will get lost! lol.
P1CK4D

6th Dec 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:

Andy is rather er large

Give a fuck. He's in the back We're not going to impress any ladies along the way with Andy's ugly mug in the front
Fro

6th Dec 07 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fight between you two. It is a bit touch and go but thats when it should be done by if it goes in on time
P1CK4D

6th Dec 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fight between you two. It is a bit touch and go but thats when it should be done by if it goes in on time

There would be no fight. Ive already called Shotgun!
AndyW

6th Dec 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bugsy turn around touch the ground...
ill sit in the back i dnt care means i can poke rich in the back of the head all the way
Fro

6th Dec 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If not you'll have to squidge into the corsa!
AndyW

6th Dec 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill fold up

no fuck that ill just make rich get in the back!
deano87

6th Dec 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you could only call shotgun when you can see the car?
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Dec 07 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

History Lesson:
The name for the seat (or seats) adjacent to that of the driver comes to us from the American "old"/"wild" west. Aside from a railroad ticket, Stagecoach was the only means of transport during this period. Stagecoaches were also a common means of transporting things of value (eg... payroll money, high ticket merchandise). In this period of lawlessness and hostile (with every right) natives, protection was necessary. Admittedly most people back then were packing some heat, but for added safety, a stagecoach would always have an extra man. He would sit right next to the driver and was armed with a shotgun. This was known as riding shotgun; hence we have “shotgun” to call the front seat of a vehicle.

Rules so far:

1. The shotgunner must be in clear sight of the car, and shotgun can be called regardless of whether the driver is in sight of the car
2. If you are the first to be picked up on a journey you are automatically given shotgun. You retain this position for the entire journey, unless you violate rules 12, 17, 23 or any other rules stipulating the loss of shotgun.
3. You cannot declare shotgun if someone has previously declared shotgun for that journey.
4. When simultaneous shotgun is called, there is then a foot race to the passenger side door from all the people who called.
5. Shotgun cannot be called whilst inside a building (unless you are in a multi-storey or underground car park!)
6. Shotgun cannot be called in advance, only whilst on the way to the car for the journey.
7. Once shotgun has been called the driver has the option of a reload. The driver yells “reload” and this means that all previous calls of shotgun are void and the first person to call shotgun again gets the seat. This is helpful if the driver really doesn’t like the person who first called shotgun. It is often used when there is a simultaneous call and the driver is unsure of the outcome. Note that a shotgun has only 2 barrels so a reload can only be called once.
8. Ja rob rule...if he’s in the car shotgun now means back left, so he cant punch you every time a yellow car goes past.
9. Once shotgun has been called for the front seat then back left and back right can be called. This effectively leaves the slowest person to travel in the middle (of the “bitch” seat).
10. Because everyone is created equal, men have the same right to the front seat of the car as women (ie women don't own the front seat!).
11. If the regular driver of the vehicle is drunk or otherwise unable to perform their duties as driver, then he/she is automatically given shotgun.
12. Once the journey has begun, the driver is the obvious controller of the tunes. However if they feel the road requires their full attention, or they simply cannot be arsed any more, duty is passed to the shotgunner. However putting on crap tunes or allowing for silence when the iPod finishes a song or ANY instances of TAKE THAT will result in demotion to bitch seat.
13. Anyone calling shotgun must have his or her shoes on. This is to stop people running outside and calling shotgun, then having to go back inside to put their shoes on and slowing the journey. This is known as the Shoe Rule.
14. Shotgun overrules Dibs, Baggsies and other girly calls!
15. Despite the debate, shotgun CAN be used to shotgun things other than the front seat (eg back left, back right, women, not going to answer the door, etc).
16. When travelling with a couple, one of the couple MUST shotgun the front. No one wants to chauffer two of their mates whilst they are in the back all over each other.
17. If someone has successfully called shotgun, they have the right to the front seat. They do not have the right to correct the driver on their navigation skills ("take a left here you dickhead!") or driving ability ("I'd be in third gear if I was driving"). If the passenger does this, then they forfeit their position as shotgun holder.
18. If someone says, "what’s shotgun?" after it has been called then they have to walk.
19. If the shotgunner attempts to open the door just as the driver is unlocking it and jams the lock half open so that the driver needs to lock it and unlock it again, the shotgunner forfeits their position. This is known as shotgun suicide.
20. The holder of shotgun assumes the responsibility for all gate opening, off license nipping into, takeaway ordering and question asking. He/she is in essence the copilot and therefore the enforcer of behavior in the vehicle and exacter of slaps/punches/water spraying/bag throwing at the passengers in the back.
21. Automatic "couple's rights act 1997". This law states that, if the driver is the boyfriend/girlfriend of a passenger in the car, this person has the right to the seat of their choice.
22. If one of the potential occupants of the vehicle is dressed (convincingly) as a pirate then they are given automatic shotgun. In the event of more than one pirate being present, a sword fight shall determine the successful shotgunner. This is known as The Pirate Rule.
23. When driving past a woman walking a dog, everyone in the car must shout out the window, "who's walking who?” It is the shotgunner’s responsibility and failure to spot potential heckling, results in demotion to the bitch seat!
24. When riding in a 2 or 3 door car, it is the responsibility of the shotgunner to allow rear passengers in and out of the back of the car, NOT THE DRIVERS!! Regardless of the weather conditions.
25. Obviously the previous rule on the subject didn’t clarify things completely with everyone coming up with a new rule that over rules shotgun. NOTHING overrules shotgun. Shotgun is final and cannot be overruled!!!!
26. It is the successful shotgunners responsibility to be on the look out for any police and/or speed cameras. if the shotgunner doesn't spot a speed camera and this results in a speeding ticket it is immediately their fault and not the drivers.

[Edited on 06-12-2007 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
deano87

6th Dec 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't read it all, but flol
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Dec 07 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But deano you was right in your above statement about having to see the car

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Sunday 16th Dec - Monthly Meet 24 database queries in 0.0183239 seconds