corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.
Jake

User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant say if they purposely meant to send him to hospital because you havent got anything to do with it. by all accounts its a fairly common albeit dangerous practical joke. in their case it went tits up
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
you cant say if they purposely meant to send him to hospital because you havent got anything to do with it. by all accounts its a fairly common albeit dangerous practical joke. in their case it went tits up

Im not saying they did do it on purpose, Im saying that an obvious outcome of setting alight to it right next to someone who is sat down with nothing covering their ass is going to be some sort of injury. It doesnt take 2 braincells to work that out.

It WASNT an accident as it was a likely outcome of deliberately setting fire to something. An accident would of been if they didnt mean to set it alight in the first place.
Dan
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done this to a couple of guys at work. BUT!

I used the tinyest amount of brakefluid, from a spary can, aimed right at the furthest point from the toilet, so that although there was flames in there, it was never going to be close to them.

However, pranks like this are still way to common in garages etc.

My current work (owner included) locked one of the apprentices in a metal cupboard, and decided to get the oxy on the bottom to gently warm his feet up. As gentle as they lit it, after a few seconds, the lad was screaming his head off, they let him straight out, it turned out the inside was painted and was letting off tonnes of toxic smoke.

Just shows how much care u take, like they did to only gently warm it, there maybe an unhidden factor. Since this, they have said never to do anything like this again

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
My current work (owner included) locked one of the apprentices in a metal cupboard, and decided to get the oxy on the bottom to gently warm his feet up. As gentle as they lit it, after a few seconds, the lad was screaming his head off, they let him straight out, it turned out the inside was painted and was letting off tonnes of toxic smoke.

That is a fucking massive payout waiting to happen!
Aaron

20th Sep 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

I can honestly say that i'd go on a killing rampage at work if anything like that happened to me.
Jake

20th Sep 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is why you two wouldnt last two seconds in an industrial job.
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
which is why you two wouldnt last two seconds in an industrial job.

Ah yes, because those in industrial jobs need ot only have one braincell and accept that sort of shit.

Give me a break
Jake

20th Sep 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as stupid as it sounds its true. you would need to have two braincells NOT to know that shit goes on in the work place. that apprentice will most likely be pulling the same sorts of jokes in a few years time
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to love the mentality of stupid people tbh.
Dan
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, its a major common thing for apprentices to endure, and they then move on to give them out in later years.

But, some tend to go a little over the top.

The general tiying to the fence and stripping ritual is much safer

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW - Im not calling people who rip the shit out of apprentices, etc. as stupid, or your general 'industrial worker'. Just the people who do things which are obviously dangerous and likely to result in either some sort of accident or end up costing the company thousands.
lozarus

20th Sep 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after this i probably wont be mucking around at work again!!
Lynny

20th Sep 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by the 6ft dream
Is this not technically attempted murder?

Not really unless the planned outcome was to kill him, which I dont think it was.

If he had died it would of been manslaughter rather than murder - but I dont think you can have attempted manslaughter as would just be gbh, abh or something like that.

section 18 assault is next one from attempted murder....wounding with intent

prove that it was with intent though

I didn't say this was one, there is no intent, I was just saying section 18 is next down from attempted murder/manslaughter
mattk

20th Sep 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We barley have time to rehydrate our selves at work never mind fuck about like that
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Sep 09 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you have a speedy recovery and the damage is not permanent.
Mertin

21st Sep 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Chemicals in the work place all have to be registered under COSHH ( Care Of Substances Hazardous to Health) And when using them under a Permit to Work there must be a valid COSHH sheet attached whihc highlights the dangers of the chemical

^^^ All Under HSe Guidelines^^^

Bullshit did your mates have a permit and COSHH sheet for " setting an employer on fire while on the toilet"

Id claim / contact HSE and inform your employer of your actions and then sit back and watch the fireworks

the C stands for Control tbh , thought i'd just be an arsehole and point that out

No worries.. 2am and steamin

I use COSHH on a daily basis
SVM 286

21st Sep 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i wont mention how many times ive done this then
Jules

22nd Sep 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus
after this i probably wont be mucking around at work again!!

You weren't mucking about - you were mucking out!!

Tom

22nd Sep 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If you are going to indulge yourself in practical jokes you should be aware of the dangers, i'd suspect given they are employees who work with these materials/substances that they would definitely be regarded as being in full posession of the facts/dangers and therefore would get something along the lines of what was said.

Lozarus, hope your skin fully recovers! I'd be inclined to agree with the majority here re claiming, they have lost jobs already, even if they hadn't I would still claim from your work, it's someones responsibility you have had to go through all this shit and seeing as how they probably haven't got a pot to piss in now you should be looking at your employers. This might sound like a shitty attitude but it's the world we live in, and he's definitely not faking any injuries!
Conway563

22nd Sep 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you get better soon mate.
Re. claiming. Get it done! You can say that they've got families to care for and you don't want to cause any trouble all you like but I have a family which is why I don't put myself in stupid situations anymore by being a fucking retard!
lozarus

22nd Sep 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanjs for all your kind words yeah i am most likely gonna be claiming now ... 10k even if i loose my job is a nice sum of money.

Will pay for a nice new car now all i gotta do is choose... Astra 150 cdti with XP or A3 tdi sport? hmmm
alan-g-w

22nd Sep 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What made you change your mind?
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Sep 09 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His missus probably
lozarus

22nd Sep 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a chath with my manager and dad, end erm had some of the bandages replaced today and looked in the mirror. I am fucked.

Then i walked down the corridors in the hospitals and i was so fucking embarrassed its untrue. I've just had the first shit since satirday morning was heavenly

Still in two minds but tbh the claiming side is quite appealing....
lozarus

22nd Sep 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'l get a pic of my face up gimme half hour.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly. 23 database queries in 0.0171320 seconds