corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you slag bikers for looking like power rangers?

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you slag bikers for looking like power rangers?
K3 VMU

User status: Offline
10th Feb 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a mega bargain there !!!

should look good with your Nelli

have you tried the fit of that helmets?

cant believ you have a SMALL helmet !!

my one is a large, and my motocross one is a XL.....

FAT HEED

Daimo B

10th Feb 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I tried the 802RR at the show on sunday. Medium fitted, but I like a tight snug fit, and i've got big hair atm so it should fit nicley.

My Arai was a small too.

Just got no brains in my monkey sized head

UG UG UG

I'll take a piccy of it tonight properly
K3 VMU

10th Feb 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got onshore yesterday,and flew back from Holland last night, woke up is morning and could barely get out of bed for a MAJOR sore back

its been a glorious day today and i was hoping to go to my new lock up, clean it out and paint the floor,then go upto my workshop[ and take the bike out, but nnnnno

was such a nice day too
Carl

10th Feb 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I wear gear that is just as adiquate as a power-ranger suit but with the added benefit of not looking lite a complete and utter tool!

Hate to tell you this but leather chaps aren't very protective.

how do you figure this like??

if they arent very protective,then its seems strange that all the motorbike racing riders wear leather??

if it wasnt very safe i dont think these guys would wear it as safety i one of their highest aims!!

airbag suits etc

I'd post a picture to explain but I don't have a picture bank full of gay men like Dave does.

Below is a list of my bro's injuries from bikes, mainly racing, a few on public roads and a nasty crosser incident. THe list is the reason i've been kept away from two wheels;

left radius, right colar bone perminant disloction, right shoulder disloction 4 times just had fixed, right cruchaite ligament, right tib and fib twice pinned twice,...right scafoid wrist,left scafoid wrist,eight broken ribs,perminant damage to cartelage were joins spine, alway hurts,1 damged lung.. 1 helicoper ride.........intensive care 4 days,not all in the same day i might add..... worth it, most probably......
K3 VMU

10th Feb 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leathers are never going to protect from an injury such as a colar bone being dislocated, but they will protect you from tar-rash, and striping your skin and muscle down to the bone, broken bones can be mended

two wheels are dangerous, so can four wheels!! i remember in early 2009 season, there was scottish quad championships (i wasnt competing, as i aint upto that level, i just do the local rounds due to work commitments , working offshore/abroad) and there was a guy going over the braking bumps, and i dont know exactly what happened, but he fucked up big time one the last 3 and it all went pete tong, had to get helicopter, as the tracks not close to main road, he ended up being paralized from the waist down, but i got told he is back on the mend, and no longer paralized. whether he will get back to racing or not.

i have been doing motocross since i was 5, thankfully (touchwood) i haven`t had any seious injuries, broken fingers, bruises,stitches, a limp for a week, etc etc

gotta take the good with the bad i suppose.

hope your Bro`s ok mate
does he still ride?
Ash_EP3

10th Feb 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M

Meh

I may have to dig out those clarkson vids on bikers shortly...

yeh but put someone on a bike who can ride properly it would leave any ctr behind. most bikers on the road are just out for a jolly

But I don't have to dress like a power ranger to drive my civic </flamesuit>
K3 VMU

11th Feb 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

i want a flame suit
Daimo B

11th Feb 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

But you do need a burberry cap and the imagination that the Vtec yo is the bestest thing since sliced bread.

I've done both, car IS better for really cold days i'll admit, but unless its ICE cold, i'd take the bike every time. Makes every day an adventure, not a tedious bore. Plus where i've ridden the bike for so long, traffic now really winds me up as I never ever get caught up in it

K3, my new lid came, its chuffing awesome. I thought it was a flat paint, but the green and the gold is actually a metallic paint, so will match the bike even better. REALLY nice lid, over the moon with it

K3 VMU

11th Feb 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye that looks spot on that like

does it fit ok after your worries??

are you going to be changing the visor?

i need to get a new visor for mine this year......

also got a thing through in the post this morning,
"Kevin, come along to Ecosse Honda for our massive savings and discount sale, and this weekend is the launch of the new 1200 "
some of the stuff in there sale looks good, and good prices, 30% off dainese ....

MUST.......STAY........AWAY.......FROM........HONDA...........CCCANT.........DDOOOO IT..........

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Daimo B

11th Feb 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, really comfy fit, nice and snug, but not too tight, thus proving I have no brains in my small head

Will change the visor, whether that'll be gold, green or tinted I don't know yet, have to see what looks best.

Go down there and buy some new kit, while its cold and they have discounts of 30%, doooo itttttttt
K3 VMU

11th Feb 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to stay away from there today......

tomorrow might be a different story, as theres a guy coming round to buy my poly windows from my nova, and guy buying my old vectra tomorrow.......

hello dianese 1-piecer
Carl

11th Feb 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
leathers are never going to protect from an injury such as a colar bone being dislocated, but they will protect you from tar-rash, and striping your skin and muscle down to the bone, broken bones can be mended

two wheels are dangerous, so can four wheels!! i remember in early 2009 season, there was scottish quad championships (i wasnt competing, as i aint upto that level, i just do the local rounds due to work commitments , working offshore/abroad) and there was a guy going over the braking bumps, and i dont know exactly what happened, but he fucked up big time one the last 3 and it all went pete tong, had to get helicopter, as the tracks not close to main road, he ended up being paralized from the waist down, but i got told he is back on the mend, and no longer paralized. whether he will get back to racing or not.

i have been doing motocross since i was 5, thankfully (touchwood) i haven`t had any seious injuries, broken fingers, bruises,stitches, a limp for a week, etc etc

gotta take the good with the bad i suppose.

hope your Bro`s ok mate
does he still ride?

He's retired for the second time, mainly due to being nakered I think and he's getting on now even though he's been lieing about his age for years to sponsors! he's just had an op on his shoulder due to it dislocating really easy. He's big into cycling too (anything with 2 wheels really!) and even just falling of that he was dislocated his shouder. He's raced for years but stopped riding on the road years ago, he was a self confessed nutter on a bike as a youngster but the one time he wasn't feeling that well oo the way from work he got hit at a junction at about 10 mph or something slow by someone not paying attention and pulling out on him, anyway he got knocked up in the air and on his decent he snapped both bones in his lower leg on the curb which it think was a bit of a call for him to ditch the public highways.

Good luck to all you riders though, nothing wrong with looking like a power ranger, unless it's unco-ordinated.
K3 VMU

11th Feb 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup it just goes to show you, you can be shit hot on a bike, but all it takes is that split second of someone elses stupdity to ruin everything.

glad he is ok though mate

i have had 2 people pull out on me, but luckily having motocross experience i locked the back end up and slid it sideways and stopped, anyone who was new to the bike world would have hut the cars, and mines was the same, both at 10-20mph.

yes totally agree, a biker with unco-ordinated leathers etc looks fuking stupid, green gloves, blue jacket,yellow helmet,white trousers,red boots.

my theme for motocross and road bike is white,red,black...

always has been for years,i just think its a great combo

Daimo B

12th Feb 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carl wasn't your brother really into racing? Im sure it was your brother you used to post pictures of on track?

Thats an impressive injury list, far beats my old mans

Touching wood right now, i've had a few road offs, fasted at about 50mph, but really i've been lucky considering the miles i've done (I reckon at least 100,000 miles on a bike so far). But I hope i'll never stop.

Lid match is close. Was never going to be perfect at all, but im well happy with how close it is.

Just being an attention whore now

K3 VMU

12th Feb 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lid looks good next to the bike, just a pity that the gold bit aint silver

just sitting reading MCN, their babe of the year winner

this is what i found when i googled it.....

dear god
Daimo B

12th Feb 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the gold, the bike is actually painted gold with a green lacquar over the top, so when the sun hits it the gold shines through. Plus the forks are gold, calipers etc.. Not looking forwards to cleaning the bugs though, least with my blak lid you can't see the dirt as well

Thats is really really scarey!!! Who would poke something like that????
K3 VMU

12th Feb 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh ok, well the lid will go puyfictly (poor new yoyk accent )

opinions on the new beemer......

if it wasnt for the isometric headlights,would be stunning, but even they are growing on me lats, remember seeing it at the moto gp this year and thinkin they were awful but now i quite like it

wonder if BMW aberdeen have one to test drive......
Daimo B

12th Feb 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't like the BMW.

Sure it'll do everything, be the fastest, most power yadder yadder blah.

But again, comes down to the passion for me, that BMW is a computer bike, all about maths and nothing more.

I would much rather have the much slower, but IMO much better BMW HP2. Some actual thought went into that bike.

deanmcreynolds26

12th Feb 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good thread this, am on the lookout for some leathers in summer time, need to go try some on and see whats the best fit for me, just going to get some textiles the now to get me going so that i dont completely wreck myself if i fell off..

also reckon a bike section would be good... i mean weve got house day on here
Kano

12th Feb 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay bargain for the summer today.. Brand new dark smoke visor visor for my agv helmet for £3.70.
jimmy 2.1

12th Feb 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you seen the BMW up close? The finish of the powder coating on the frame is terrible! And the fairing is a mish mash of Aprilia RSV4 (oooof what a bike!) and an R6
K3 VMU

12th Feb 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dean- good point, we have a house day.... nothing to do with engines etc

kano- no way, yi jammy swine !!! i am needing one for my agv too!!! link??

jimmy- aye i was right upto it at the moto gp , but canna remember the finish etc, it was rather sunny, and i had had a few strongbows and yes rsv4 - oooooooft
K3 VMU

13th Feb 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edinburgh bike show beginning of next month

will have a monster pay this month, so i think i will be spending some there
Carl

13th Feb 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Carl wasn't your brother really into racing? Im sure it was your brother you used to post pictures of on track?

Thats an impressive injury list, far beats my old mans

Yeah he's raced for quite a few years 125's, supersport, superstock,250's also instructed at quite a few race schools ducati, Ron Haslam etc too.
Neil

13th Feb 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
kano- no way, yi jammy swine !!! i am needing one for my agv too!!! link??

I got my agv tinted visor free with my helmet, was the cheapest price for the helmet i wanted by far too.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you slag bikers for looking like power rangers? 22 database queries in 0.2795651 seconds