corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome !

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any donations welcome !
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the world is ready for that argument
Ben G

23rd Aug 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sense a paul j style essay coming...
Limecat
Banned

23rd Aug 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to Vibrio anyway? I realise he is banned but what for?
Dom

23rd Aug 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve
Erm.... http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/08/22/balcony-plunge-bride-in-drunken-bust-ups-115875-22505106/

Are people siding with the Mirror, the same people that wrote an article about leaving your bathroom light on at night causing you cancer?!
Christ!
mwg

23rd Aug 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

being a fucked up argumentative cunt...

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by mwg]
Ben G

23rd Aug 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, it was obvious she was intoxicated.

people don't just fall off a balcony unless they are stevie wonder or it crumbles because you are rick waller.
Sunz

23rd Aug 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The "drunken" article was written by a company who stalked us andwanted to offer us money for the story as we said no, now they have written there side of the story and as ever with the news papers they have totally exaggerated, they called to say sorry for publishing it after they did it
(called to say we want to send flowers to say sorry)
When you don't do something nice for them they attack back, they called the house 20 times a day, knocked on the door continusly even though we said we wasnt interested and waited outside in there cars even though we already said no thanks.

It also says she was too drunk to walk but yet she is walking about in her room and climbing on balconies ?

As she told us she went to sit on the balcony, which is only about 80cm high around the edge, went over and landed on the her back on the grass, yes they went out for a meal and a drink, it was their honeymoon and was the last night their.

My sister and another woman are setting up a charity to help others in the same situation, awesome helpful woman who sent in food and private nurses for my sister as the other nurses left her on a bed with no back or neck brace, left her able to move and wiggle about when she has a serious back injury, rooms with 8 beds and no curtians, all the fun from holiday in a tourist location such as that, people who had been abused and raped, druggies trying to have sex in the bed opposite etc, people trying to change the bed with my sister still on it, not able to move her because its 1 guy and trying to wrip the sheets out from under her, all good fun, wonder why she wanted to come home to be honest in the first place as its so nice there.
1 nurse for the ward which is about 8 rooms with 8 beds in them

If you believe everything you read in the paper..

(Quite a few spelling mistake there)

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Sunz]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of got insurance then.
Ben G

23rd Aug 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
should of got insurance then.

this. it may sound harsh but that's the be all and end all of everything here. it wouldn't have been a problem then.

i really do hope she recovers and manages to tell everyone her side of the story (unbiased please), but the fact is, if i didn't get insurance for something and hurt myself and ended up in a shithole because i couldn't be bothered buying insurance, then no one would give me money except for my family.

it takes about 3 minutes to buy travel insurance on the internet so there really is no excuse. sorry mate
ssj_kakarot

23rd Aug 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how come peoples views changed so much due to that newspaper article?

weather or not its made up or true, what difference does it make, surely the point was someone was stranded due to an accident (alcohol related or not) and peopl wanted to help to get her home for better treatment.

what difference does it make if she was drunk or aqguing before it, i meen its not exactly un-heard of for drunk couples to arque is it.

its like people just blindly follow whatever the papers tells them,

i mean if the paper article said something like"accidentaly fell whilst drunk after celebrating her wedding" im pretty sure no one would complain.

Cavey

23rd Aug 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They had said that they had had "a couple of drinks, but weren't drunk"

IF the article was true, they have lied through the whole thing about it, to get money from people, that's the problem with the new article being done.
ssj_kakarot

23rd Aug 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what difference does that make? because they got steaming and had an argument that meens people didnt want to get her home for treatment but if she was slightly tipsy its ok.

either way she never got insurance and had been drinking?
adiohead

23rd Aug 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
My sister and another woman are setting up a charity to help others in the same situation

Why set up another charity when there already is one?

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people felt sorry for her in the first instance, now its tripe they feel they have been lied to.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
My sister and another woman are setting up a charity to help others in the same situation

Its called travel insurance
Cavey

23rd Aug 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
so what difference does that make? because they got steaming and had an argument that meens people didnt want to get her home for treatment but if she was slightly tipsy its ok.

either way she never got insurance and had been drinking?

Because they lied to gain money for it. If they had told the truth, "yeah, we got pissed up, argued, and then she fell over the balcony, they didn't have insurance, can we ask for people to help us out"- Then they'd still have probably got £16k from people.

But the fact is IF the story is correct, and they were drunk, but told people they weren't it's essentially fraud, and you're mis-leading the generous public
Ben D

23rd Aug 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH It's misrepresenting their circumstances to gain compassion & charity from the public, which is wrong, Obviously the public might not have been quite as generous had they known the true version of events, if the papers are to be believed

I take both version's with a pinch of salt, the injured persons family are going to try and gain sympaty and dress the story up as much as possible, no doubt with qa litle bit of help from GMTV/other media's and just as much as the Mirror are going to make them out to be con artists.

But you should have got insurance and not expected the public to pay for it.
ssj_kakarot

23rd Aug 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
people felt sorry for her in the first instance, now its tripe they feel they have been lied to.

see thats my point, people seem easily manipulated/led, based on one newspaper article from a less than reliable source peoples opinions have completely changed.

i mean from the start of the thing, it was obvious she was probably steaming drunk, and perhaps other circumstances had lead to the fall, they didnt have insurance ect ect.

yet people felt sorry then, but they dont now?

im not getting at people for giving money or not, that was completely down to them, but i dont see why the article changes peoples minds, other than if they are just completely blindly lead by the media.

There was a few people in here who albeit where quite abrasive about the whole thing at least made there own mind up about the situation and made a decision from there. If people have donated i dont think they should feel bad or ripped off, there was always the reality that perhaps these peoples wernt the best of charecters but people should still feel good they helped a fellow human being get home and recieve better care, even if it was there own fault and they are not the best people on earth.

Sunz

23rd Aug 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:

Because it's for tourist in Greece, there is a system for it now there but it goes through the goverment and doesn't all get where its meant to so this other woman who is Greek said she would help and run the charity.
And to give something back for all the kindness of others.
I don't know much about it.

Obvious to get insurance but she didnt and it's too late now, will teach other people to do it without fail.
If she had insurance it would have been a basic package £15 probably for the week, this would not have covered flying her back to the United Kingdom in the private jet and if alcohol is found in the blood system they wouldnt pay out, all irrelevant, just check the small print.

The media is a bunch of badgers but you have to expect some good and bad stuff.
They lied about the dates she was comming home a few times.
They lied and said she was paralyzed.
They lied and said they argued for 5 hours. (Cant imagine anyone doing this, would be exhausting)
They said she was unable to walk and needed to be carryed the stairs, guy in there block offered her a piggy back then they said she was doing a spider man impression across balconies, its all contradicting.

You should never judge people from what the media has said, their there to make money and they will print anything to fill their papers, let alone judging someone when they havnt had there own say.

@ Ben D, Our family (Me and my mum)didnt go to the papers or anything like this, we never lied about anything, we didn't even deal with the media or anything like this to begin with.
I myself had nothing to do with it, only thing I did was just post and say on here if people can help then please donate.
My mum didn't contact any papers etc, has been a nightmare for her, she didnt play anything up, she was a nervous wreck and still is now due to the press hounding her for information, yes she went on tv but it's only my sister and her boyfriend that knows the full truth, its just Chinese wispers with the media, smallest of things gets exploited in to massive lies.
If anyone has made it in to a sob story its the news papers, they want to sell papers after all.

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Sunz]
Edd

23rd Aug 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and for all they "done" she wouldnt be home without them

ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love to dance with you in trees edd and then we can climb a tree and get our willys out
Edd

23rd Aug 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strangely you are not the 1st person to say this to me?
Sunz

23rd Aug 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im greatful to all they helped get my sister home including the media, but when the press come and hound you for the story and you don't give them what they want, then they start to dig for dirt and it all gets blown out of proportion.
Edd

23rd Aug 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tabloids want their pound of flesh

you obviously understand this if you have read any paper in the last 20 years

no one gets to use the media and get away with not reciprocating
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Aug 10 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just as I donated £50 I'm going to have a say here but you can be carried home and not want to walk, then find a second wind and try and jump a balcony.

I don't generally get that pissed that I can't walk, but there have been a few times I've not wanted to. Then if I see a spare cab I'll soon be able to head towards it, even if I fall in the door.

Just part of being pissed, you can be sleepy one minute and climbing on stuff the next. So I don't think the accounts are contradictory at all, I think they're entirely consistent with being fairly pissed. Something which I'm not about to hold against anyone who is away on holiday, but do us the decency and don't wrap it up as complete accident when it wasn't.

If I could get the money back, I would. Not only is the reality of the situation at variance with exactly what is posted, my first impressions were that she would be out there for months because support would be difficult to muster. While it was easy, and in fact while there is more than enough money there to orchestrate her safe return, I feel I may have been over-generous.

That said, she does have to come home and arguments or not, that is the case. I just think we could have done with knowing more, ie. whether this was a genuine accident and whether Greek healthcare is appropriate given that is where she was at the time of the injury. I think if the best that you can come up with is that the beds have no curtains then really, she needs to put that one down to experience and get ill in England next time.

My impressions were that the Greek hospital would be unable to offer her the best care. When in fact you have some claims about the place being full of substance abusers, in there because they've brought injury on themselves. With respect, she is in good company.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome ! 22 database queries in 0.0169170 seconds