corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Pope

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Pope
Cosmo

User status: Offline
17th Sep 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I dont get why people are mentioning how much he is costing the economy, as with the sales of goods and services due to the huge attraction he is we'll be making a nice profit on his visit.

WAIT, he wasn't just here for a 12 million quid holiday????

Apparently not.
monty46

quote:
Originally posted by John
They've had a lot of high profile stuff just before his visit, funny that.

What evidence would you like the pope, the head of vatican city and the head honcho to a billion + people, to hand to the british police?

Maybe the evidence behind child abuse cases in the uk instead of the vaticans approach of we'll deal with it and sweep it under the carpet.
sand-eel

When I come to power, I'm going to ban religion.
Its the biggest waste of space ever, its thousands of years old, I thought people were more intelligent these days, I mean people don't believe in witch craft these days (just people you would call freaks) so should people that believe in god/s be called wierd and freaks....YES!!!
The earth is 10k years old FUCK OFF.
Cosmo

17th Sep 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by monty46
quote:

What evidence would you like the pope, the head of vatican city and the head honcho to a billion + people, to hand to the british police?

Maybe the evidence behind child abuse cases in the uk instead of the vaticans approach of we'll deal with it and sweep it under the carpet.

What evidence do you think they have that they are with holding?
monty46

17th Sep 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What evidence do you think they have that they are with holding?

Although the vatican did investigate many abuse cases they were kept quiet and not reported to police after a vatican investigation. Why not? Should any member of the public be accused of child abuse its expected to be investigated and if found guilty the neccesary punishment. Why should priests be any different.
Cosmo

17th Sep 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then why are you not pointing the finger at the police? What could the vatican find out that they couldnt?
Hammer

17th Sep 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
When I come to power, I'm going to ban religion.
Its the biggest waste of space ever, its thousands of years old, I thought people were more intelligent these days, I mean people don't believe in witch craft these days (just people you would call freaks) so should people that believe in god/s be called wierd and freaks....YES!!!
The earth is 10k years old FUCK OFF.

You're forgetting there are people with infinite more wisdom than yourself that have faith; world leaders, billionaires, astronauts, brain surgeons etc etc etc.

People need led, that's just the way it is. Whether or not some guy made up a book calling himself Jesus and walked on water thousands of years ago is immaterial really.
monty46

17th Sep 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Then why are you not pointing the finger at the police? What could the vatican find out that they couldnt?

im sure the police could find out exactly the same as the vatican but if the vatican witheld information where would they start? wit nesses who wouldn't talk as they value their religion to much.
I dont want to debate this any longer with you cosmo as ive work to go to and your a smart enough guy to make your own mind up
Cosmo

17th Sep 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

im sure the police could find out exactly the same as the vatican but if the vatican witheld information where would they start? wit nesses who wouldn't talk as they value their religion to much.
I dont want to debate this any longer with you cosmo as ive work to go to and your a smart enough guy to make your own mind up

Then surely if they value their religion too much its their own fault the police wont do anything, not the vaticans? Even if the vatican gave info over, the police would need the cooperation of the 'victim'.
Xs

17th Sep 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Papers are full of the pope today, found this quite amusing -

Fro

17th Sep 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flippin quiet around here now the roads are closed.
John

17th Sep 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11346001

Look at that picture, they must have lined the streets with police to make up the numbers.
Chris
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there should a poll to gauage peoples thoughts on this.
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will take some pics as i walk past to show how many people, should be on way home soon.
alan-g-w

17th Sep 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Then surely if they value their religion too much its their own fault the police wont do anything, not the vaticans? Even if the vatican gave info over, the police would need the cooperation of the 'victim'.

You cannot possibly be claiming that the Pope hasn't helped cover up child abuse. I can't remember the exact story but there was talk of him being arrested on charges of perverting (irony) the course of justice not that long ago? Plus the fact that he's a head of state, wouldn't he have diplomatic immunity?

One that sticks in my mind as well, I remember some time last year I was listening to the morning news on the local radio station. One of the main headlines was that after years and years of investigation, they'd come to the conclusion that in Britain alone TENS OF THOUSANDS of young people were abused by priests. But by the next news update, maybe only an hour later, the story was no longer being reported. This is a perfect example of what goes on - the Catholic religion has far too many people in far too many important/ powerful positions. For example, say the MD of the company that the radio station works for is a devout - if he heard this story, shaming his own religion that he believes so deeply in, the easiest thing is to just blank it out. Which has gone on for decades at least and probably still is. I'm in no way a follower of any religion but those sort of facts just sicken me to the stomach.

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by alan-g-w]
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took these on the way home from work.

Hammer

17th Sep 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
quote:
quote:

You cannot possibly be claiming that the Pope hasn't helped cover up child abuse. I can't remember the exact story but there was talk of him being arrested on charges of perverting (irony) the course of justice not that long ago? Plus the fact that he's a head of state, wouldn't he have diplomatic immunity?

One that sticks in my mind as well, I remember some time last year I was listening to the morning news on the local radio station. One of the main headlines was that after years and years of investigation, they'd come to the conclusion that in Britain alone TENS OF THOUSANDS of young people were abused by priests. But by the next news update, maybe only an hour later, the story was no longer being reported. This is a perfect example of what goes on - the Catholic religion has far too many people in far too many important/ powerful positions. For example, say the MD of the company that the radio station works for is a devout - if he heard this story, shaming his own religion that he believes so deeply in, the easiest thing is to just blank it out. Which has gone on for decades at least and probably still is. I'm in no way a follower of any religion but those sort of facts just sicken me to the stomach.

The positions of power in this country, this protestant country, are filled with just that....protestants.

To suggest Catholics are some sort of new world mafia is laughable.
John

17th Sep 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Conspiracy nut
alan-g-w

17th Sep 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said anything about conspiracies? And to suggest that there are no/ were no Catholics in the British Isles in a position of power is ludicrous. Tony Blair ring any bells?

I don't want to get into the political side of things because I'll freely admit I don't know a lot about it - you'll notice in my reply to Cosmo I never once mentioned anything like that. My comment was based purely on the facts that child abuse is known to occur in more concentrated levels than any other religion and that it is a widely known fact that it is continually covered up.

John

17th Sep 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know enough about any religion to say that or are you just going on what the media have reported?
alan-g-w

17th Sep 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do I need to know about religion for? I'll say it again, it's a widely known fact that the Catholic church both commits and covers up child abuse in greater amounts than any other religion. Even the priests that get caught - in at least one case a priest got a paltry sentence and when released they were welcomed back into a job within the CC.

And you can't sit there and tell me I can't listen to the media concerning the church. Are you going to tell me that cases of child abuse are fabricated to tar them?

John

17th Sep 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I've already said, I'm aware the church get up to a lot of stuff.

Now the ones that get caught only get paltry sentences, how is that in any way related to the church, are justice positions of power filled with Catholics now?
Ben G

17th Sep 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i watched the pope for a bit on telly.

he was walking into westminster abbey with some guy who was explaining the statues to him and who they were.

the pope's face gave the impression he didn't have a clue what the guy was talking about

i have no interest in the pope's visit as i'm not religious, but some people bum him.

annoying that i pay for him to come over here though.
alan-g-w

17th Sep 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting words into my mouth again. No, but a priest isn't going to be looked at the same as your average council estate peado. In no way did I suggest anything remotely like the justice powers were on their side. It's the fact that the judge/ jury are going to look at him as a man who's been denied his number 1 basic human instinct and has gone about handling it in a completely atrocious manner. My main gripe is that they're allowed back into the same environment in which they probably committed the offence.

Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just thought it was pretty interesting, historic. Learnt a lot.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Pope 22 database queries in 0.0173459 seconds