corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pikey evection live on sky news - 10am

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pikey evection live on sky news - 10am
baza31

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 11 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Lots of them do earn a living, I think the problem is alot of people in this thread are scared of travellers

or dont actually know 1 of them to compare. Totally different lifestyle but because they dont do what they are told like the rest they are bad people. I think they have got it right, earn cash dont pay taxes and dont put into this failed system . I cant see anything wrong with what they do . The lads i know all work very hard
adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
are you been serious? they got kicked out? you know nothing at all, the reason they come was to work and earn a living .

also state how its exactly like london riots ? do you see them going round town breaking into shops and attacking folk for no reason ? No , your statement is wrong and cant be compared to the riots in any way shape or form

The Irish didn't want them in their towns, they were "effectively" kicked out. If you do a google search for 'Travellers/Gypos/Pikies/Pikeys kicked out of Ireland' then many people say the same thing. Ask your parents as they'll probably know more than you. Scotland actually ordered them to stop traveling or leave back in the 1500s!

The London Riots term is a metaphor ( http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metaphor )

But if you want me to answer that then it's a YES, I've seen them enter my local shops and take whatever they want off the shelves, threaten people and walk out.

The metaphor was to show that they have broken the law and think they can get away with it. So your "No , your statement is wrong and cant be compared to the riots in any way shape or form" is nothing but FAIL

Why should they be allowed to break the law? Answer that, [caps] ANSWER THAT! [/caps]

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lots of them do earn a living, I think the problem is alot of people in this thread are scared of travellers

they earn a living when it suits them too, i have had personal experience with a group down the road, and they are a nightmare, we have a personal farmer friend who installed some gates for them, now they cant get any money out of them and its got to the stage where they are just going to go and take the gates back

also other similar stories, my exs dad was a fabricator that made some stuff for them and again couldnt get any payment from them
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also they are aggressive and violent, my parents were down the pub with some family friends and they were sat at a table laughing about some story, these gypsies sat over the way for some reason thought they were laughing at them and came over asking them to go outside and have it out.

Then a couple of days later the bloke who was with us got stopped in his tractor by one of them and told to get out for a fight

[Edited on 22-09-2011 by Steve]
Conway563

22nd Sep 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay just likes them because they give him loads of cash
adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I'd fuck any fucking man" - Patrick Doherty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQzYnbljZ9Y
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saying that the old romany gypsies (in the old wagons with horses) seem absolutely fine
baza31

22nd Sep 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adiohead you can't compare anything illegally done to the riots ? It's like comparing someone speeding to it, you sound an idiot, the original point of them protesting to stay is nothing to do with riots, therefore u fail. Oh and you would have seen them go into a shop and steal , handy for the subject. Also why should they follow the law? So they can fleece you every month and tell you what you can and can't do.

I have no problems with them at all, I think people would love to get away with what they do but don't have the balls . Basically they put two fingers up at the people who keep everyone in line and in my opinion I think fair play
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

they earn a living when it suits them too, i have had personal experience with a group down the road, and they are a nightmare, we have a personal farmer friend who installed some gates for them, now they cant get any money out of them and its got to the stage where they are just going to go and take the gates back

also other similar stories, my exs dad was a fabricator that made some stuff for them and again couldnt get any payment from them

Plenty that I know earn a living all the time because shit costs money and they have big families (and fancy tastes) to cater for.

Some do take the piss, and if you are stupid enough to do a job for a traveller without payment upfront then you need to question your own business practices. Actually a friend of mine (not black or a traveller ) has fixed a few motors for customers and not taken payment after car collection and has had untold problems with people he thought he could trust. I guess that makes all them white males scum too?

My mothers uncle brothers sister mate got robbed by a black guy, all black guys muggers.

willay
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563

Some pay with debit cards too, but seriously the job I'm currently in has given me insight into their way of life and business. I'm not saying they are all angels, I'm pretty sure a bunch of travellers were making a habit of flytipping tree cut offs/garden bullshit down my road (once in the middle of the road) but that doesn't mean all travellers are scum of the earth.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im only basing anything on the lot that live round here, but it does seem slightly suspicious that the general consensus from all over the country is they seem to act like this
willay
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask the northern part of CorsaSport what they think of black/asians and you'll get another negative stereotype Steve.

Its fear, everyone fears them and listens to all the bullshit that everyone says.
adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Adiohead you can't compare anything illegally done to the riots ? It's like comparing someone speeding to it, you sound an idiot, the original point of them protesting to stay is nothing to do with riots, therefore u fail.

Let me make this simple for you:

- People broke the law during the riots and thought they could get away with it. Luckily CCTV meant that lots of people got caught.
- The Pikey people put up plots and built without planning permission, which is illegal. They are hopefully being evicted from the illegal plot.

Bazowned.

quote:
Oh and you would have seen them go into a shop and steal , handy for the subject.

ffs, pikies steal all the time and they targeted my local shop whilst my mum was in there working.

quote:
Also why should they follow the law? So they can fleece you every month and tell you what you can and can't do.

What the fuck are you going on about?
You don't think they should have to follow the laws of the land they are living in?

They can fuck of somewhere else then.

quote:

I have no problems with them at all, I think people would love to get away with what they do but don't have the balls . Basically they put two fingers up at the people who keep everyone in line and in my opinion I think fair play

adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you are stupid enough to do a job for a traveller without payment upfront then you need to question your own business practices.

So they're untrustworthy.
John

22nd Sep 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt every single one of them conforms to the stereotype, an overwhelming majority do though.

There was a small site near me for them, some brick hut things built, I'm not sure what the story was but they basically burnt it all down and left one day, great bunch of people.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree with john it would be silly to say they were all bad people, im sure a portion of them are ok.

but im under no doubt the majority just go about like they please with no regard for law or moral
Conway563

22nd Sep 11 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563

Some pay with debit cards too, but seriously the job I'm currently in has given me insight into their way of life and business. I'm not saying they are all angels, I'm pretty sure a bunch of travellers were making a habit of flytipping tree cut offs/garden bullshit down my road (once in the middle of the road) but that doesn't mean all travellers are scum of the earth.

I know mate.
There's a mix round here. The ones that live in their own little estate who like to go round in their transits nicking peoples BBQs for scrap whilst their kids play chicken on the M4 and the ones that live in houses or smaller plots and seem fine.
willay
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
if you are stupid enough to do a job for a traveller without payment upfront then you need to question your own business practices.

Some are, but there is alot of people out there in the UK who would do a bunk if they got goods before payment - not just travellers.
adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they got planning permission for the extra plot then we wouldn't be having this discussion. They broke the law and laws need to be upheld, otherwise people will start doing this all over the country.

These people were offered housing and they refused it. They could have also moved to other plots which had empty spaces, but they chose not to.

To let these people win would show how weak this country is.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We arent talking buying a TV though are we, we are talking about a trade whereby you pay upon completion.

if you had an extension built on your house would you pay before the work was complete?
willay
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would never pay up front for an extention, or a gate. Infact when our electric gate was installed this year we paid on the day it was completed and handed over.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly

hence why this guy is just going to go and take the gates back
adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:

Some are, but there is alot of people out there in the UK who would do a bunk if they got goods before payment - not just travellers.

Oh yeah, there are bad people everywhere! But we're talking about travellers and, by your own admission, they are untrustworthy.

My company thrives on collected payment after issuing goods and services.

[Edited on 22-09-2011 by adiohead]
adiohead

22nd Sep 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone mentioned the word "inbred" yet?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 11 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a slight side note, anyone who is more up to speed on travellers, we have a small site being setup down the road, and call me stereotypical im paranoid about my stuff going missing now.

I often leave tools etc lying about sometimes wheels off the car over night etc

Do they operate on a "wont shit on there own doorstep"

or might they not care and come pinching anyway

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pikey evection live on sky news - 10am 22 database queries in 0.0140181 seconds