corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RIP Steve Jobs

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIP Steve Jobs
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 11 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
300,000,000 ipods dont lie

If they say they started the mobile music revolution then they clearly are chatting breeze.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Yet that coffin dodger changed how you watched TV and brought your HiDef footy for that shiny new flat panel.....

He kind of has Alan Sugar to thank for that as well, as he designed and made the first dishes/boxes that were used all them years ago.

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by DannyB]
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I really dont understand why everyone is acting like this is something that has happened that is really close to there heart.

Who?

Are you making things up so you can come away with that statement? Far as I can see there's plenty of RIP's and not a lot of heartache.

Probably aimed at the fucks that are standing outside Apple stores (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15195444) crying.

Be interesting to see if Gates and Murdoch get the same response; they have too revolutionised technology etc
murdoch

Yet that coffin dodger changed how you watched TV and brought your HiDef footy for that shiny new flat panel.....
he never helped design it, just threw shit loads of money at it, bought other companies out using his other company's money that weren't making massive losses and used his newspapers to tell us we need it until it made a massive profit and rips us off just as much, if not more than apple
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Jealousy, imo

Yeah, wish we were dead instead of him.

Russ

6th Oct 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

If they say they started the mobile music revolution then they clearly are chatting breeze.
you have a zune player dont you mate?
Dom

6th Oct 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I really dont understand why everyone is acting like this is something that has happened that is really close to there heart.

Who?

Are you making things up so you can come away with that statement? Far as I can see there's plenty of RIP's and not a lot of heartache.

Probably aimed at the fucks that are standing outside Apple stores (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15195444) crying.

Be interesting to see if Gates and Murdoch get the same response; they have too revolutionised technology etc
murdoch

he never helped design it, just threw shit loads of money at it, bought other companies out using his other company's money that weren't making massive losses and used his newspapers to tell us we need it until it made a massive profit and rips us off just as much, if not more than apple

bit like Apple then
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I don't need an mp3 player, mate. I have an iPhone4.
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

difference was he built it from the ground up before ripping us off, wasnt given to him by daddy jobs
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I don't need an mp3 player, mate. I have an iPhone4.
you should try zune players, they're actually pretty good pieces of kit
Rob_Quads

6th Oct 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Not started but changed the way it was going and accelerated the uptake and development of it by magnitudes.

It was moving along but very slowly, mobile MP3 players like the creative were not going anywhere very quickly
taylorboosh

6th Oct 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at all this inventor shite... he basicly took mobile phones - which already had cameras and internet ect and made a fashionable version.

he also made mp3 players popular

he was NOT jesus or anything similar

i feel starting up pixar is more of an achievment than a phone that is rediculously priced and no better than its competitors

he is a genious the way he has marketed apple as said though - selling retards shit phones for stupidly high prices was a great idea - angry birds had a helping hand though imo
Ingham
Banned

6th Oct 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An Apple a day.. oh fuck it.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
selling retards shit phones for stupidly high prices was a great idea - angry birds had a helping hand though imo

Yes, angry birds was definitely the main selling point john.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Not started but changed the way it was going and accelerated the uptake and development of it by magnitudes.

It was moving along but very slowly, mobile MP3 players like the creative were not going anywhere very quickly

But they were going. And I do believe the walkman started the mobile music revolution.
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

But they were going. And I do believe the walkman started the mobile music revolution.
200k walkmans have sold to date
Nath

6th Oct 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
selling retards shit phones for stupidly high prices was a great idea - angry birds had a helping hand though imo

Yes, angry birds was definitely the main selling point john.

Dom

6th Oct 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I dunno, i'm sure there were a few hipsters back in the day rocking a phonograph on the back of their penny-farthing....
taylorboosh

6th Oct 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can laugh but the majority of kids who bought the first iphone will have wanted it for angry birds
taylorboosh

6th Oct 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i feel apple products are overpriced
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you can laugh but the majority of kids who bought the first iphone will have wanted it for angry birds

It only got released 2 years ago
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also i feel apple products are overpriced

I agree
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
give up now
taylorboosh

6th Oct 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

at which time angrybirds was only an iphone app
Jambo

6th Oct 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple took the ideas/tech and made them WORK, be reliable and accessible to everyone.

That's the difference. Henry Ford didn't invent the car, but his Model-T was the "birth" of the car.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

at which time angrybirds was only an iphone app

yes but the first iphone was released a few years before it, unless you've worded your previous comment wrong? see the bold text.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RIP Steve Jobs 22 database queries in 0.0206919 seconds