corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » audi tt's (mk1)

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author audi tt's (mk1)
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Oct 11 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone thinks the car they own is the greatest. Sometimes its true though eg. Ford puma
adiohead

21st Oct 11 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Also you have to ask why a 225bhp car needs 4wd - it adds over 200kg to the cars weight and adds little value

hence why the Mk2 versions went FWD apart from the V6

and the 200-210bhp 2.0T, TDI, TTS and the TT-RS. Audi gave the option and people are still buying the Haldex quattro version.

I'd like Haldex in my 225bhp car (old Audi S3). It would help in the winter where I live (hills everywhere).

If I was keeping my car I'd get some TT 17" wheels and fit winter tyres on them.

My next car will definitely have 4wd.

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by adiohead]
jr

21st Oct 11 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by jr
i agree, and my comments were based on having expirenced most of the audi range between 99 and 2010, but then John knows more about my career than me it seems too

You are always here saying how it's a golf in a frock and fake 4wd bla bla bla yet everyone who has them always says it's a great car.

Driving it round the yard does not equal owning one.

as said john unfortunatley, once again you show you know little about my career, but i assure you my assumptions wernt basied on a yard

i said the FWD would be a better and cheaper option

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by jr]
jr

21st Oct 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
i agree, and my comments were based on having expirenced most of the audi range between 99 and 2010, but then John knows more about my career than me it seems too

You are always here saying how it's a golf in a frock and fake 4wd bla bla bla yet everyone who has them always says it's a great car

except whitter, who has owned one and agreed with me, hows that for your theory mr negative
whitter45

21st Oct 11 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Also you have to ask why a 225bhp car needs 4wd - it adds over 200kg to the cars weight and adds little value

hence why the Mk2 versions went FWD apart from the V6

and the 200-210bhp 2.0T, TDI, TTS and the TT-RS. Audi gave the option and people are still buying the Haldex quattro version.

I'd like Haldex in my 225bhp car (old Audi S3). It would help in the winter where I live (hills everywhere).

If I was keeping my car I'd get some TT 17" wheels and fit winter tyres on them.

My next car will definitely have 4wd.

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by adiohead]

Yes but the fact its option says it all - Surely if Audi thought the 2.0 TDi and 2.0 FSI needed 4wd it would not be an option like it wasnt on the 225BHP

its marketing at its highest level

There is no point in debating but for me a FWD or RWD car with true winter tyres could easily perform as good if not better than the 4wd hadlex system and thats based on driving both setups in Finland not on Jim or Steve's say so

Why get a car with average power and make it heavier and less efficient because you may get stuck in the snow - get some winter tyres and its sorted for the 2 months of the year it may apply to

John

21st Oct 11 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

You are always here saying how it's a golf in a frock and fake 4wd bla bla bla yet everyone who has them always says it's a great car

except whitter, who has owned one and agreed with me, hows that for your theory mr negative

Are you sure about that?

quote:
great cars - mine had a few electrical faults but that could just be an unlucky one

adiohead

21st Oct 11 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a FWD 225bhp car and I would rather have the 200kg Haldex system for the 1-2 weeks of snow we have a year.
whitter45

21st Oct 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

as stated its a good car and can see why people own them -but for me it does not excel for its 4wd capability, or how its drives which is what people are saying here

More to do with the fact its pretty quick and still looks good
whitter45

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
I own a FWD 225bhp car and I would rather have the 200kg Haldex system for the 1-2 weeks of snow we have a year.

mwg

Why is it a problem that they call it Quattro? That's just Audi's name for their 4WD models. They weren't going to call it the Audi TT 225 Haldex were they
whitter45

21st Oct 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Why is it a problem that they call it Quattro? That's just Audi's name for their 4WD models. They weren't going to call it the Audi TT 225 Haldex were they

because the Audi Quattro - i,e the 80's icon rally car etc did not use Haldex

did that car remain FWD until the front wheels detected slip I think not - also Haldex is predominately FWD up to 15mph

The improvement is seen in the R8 - that is a good setup

4wd for me is evo and scooby setups etc

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by whitter45]
adiohead

21st Oct 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes but the fact its option says it all - Surely if Audi thought the 2.0 TDi and 2.0 FSI needed 4wd it would not be an option like it wasnt on the 225BHP

its marketing at its highest level

There is no point in debating but for me a FWD or RWD car with true winter tyres could easily perform as good if not better than the 4wd hadlex system and thats based on driving both setups in Finland not on Jim or Steve's say so

Why get a car with average power and make it heavier and less efficient because you may get stuck in the snow - get some winter tyres and its sorted for the 2 months of the year it may apply to

It's an option to bring down the prices, but people still want the quattro.

I agree that winter tyres on a FWD/RWD is going to be better than a 4WD on summer tyres, but a 4WD on winter tyres will be better than both the FWD and RWD.

It's like how people say ///M3s are useless in the snow, but that's on summer tyres. An //////M3 on winter tyres will be fine.

I would like a car with average power and make it heavier with Haldex. It's a safety thing for me. I'm sure it will also be more fun to drive.

I would also like a Suburu or Evo with proper 4wd too. I wouldn't like a FWD version with low power, I don't see the point.

mwg

21st Oct 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a ridiculous argument. It's just a name.

Same as Mercedes and BMW calling their models the "wrong" engine size. e.g. BMW 328i is a 2.0T on the new model. No relation to what it used to stand for but I'm not going to get my knickers in knot over it.

You're also bringing your own definition of 4WD in to this when the reality is that Haldex drives all 4 wheels. So it's 4WD.

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by mwg]
adiohead

21st Oct 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Thats a ridiculous argument. It's just a name.

Same as Mercedes and BMW calling their models the "wrong" engine size. e.g. BMW 328i is a 2.0T. No relation to what it used to stand for but I'm not going to get my knickers in knot over it.

You're also bringing your own definition of 4WD in to this when the reality is that Haldex drives all 4 wheels. So it's 4WD.

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by mwg]

Totally agree
Robin
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
same as BMW calling their models the "wrong" engine size. e.g. 328i is a 2.0T on the new model. No relation to what it used to stand for but I'm not going to get my knickers in knot over it.

You literally would not believe the fuss this has caused on Pistonheads!
mwg

21st Oct 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't Merc have a couple that aren't the right names for the engine size? C63 AMG? When it's actually a 6.2? Who cares!
Robin
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.

Anyway, Haldex is a brand, quattro is a trademark, it has nothing to do with what type of system is used.

Transverse engines use Haldex
Old longitudinal engines use TorSen (which is also a brand name)

The use of the quattro name is basically the same as BMW calling their models with ridiculously stiff suspension "M Sport", it's branding, nothing more to it.
jr

21st Oct 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Are you sure about that?

quote:
great cars - mine had a few electrical faults but that could just be an unlucky one

i say there not great, you say im wrong and people that own them rave about them

someone that owned one agrees with me, they arent great

= John wrong

oops
John

21st Oct 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you having problems reading what you've just quoted?
3CorsaMeal

21st Oct 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've changed my mind and really like them now
jr

21st Oct 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john i cant be bothered arguing with you, , despite actully knowing the product, you think you know it all, you write like a negative cunt and despite the obvious you have an opinion purely to wind people up

its like arging what colour the sky is, but if you want to argue thats its green, you will, because thats jst the type of argumentitive cunt you are

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by jr]
adiohead

21st Oct 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Exactly.

Anyway, Haldex is a brand, quattro is a trademark, it has nothing to do with what type of system is used.

Transverse engines use Haldex
Old longitudinal engines use TorSen (which is also a brand name)

The use of the quattro name is basically the same as BMW calling their models with ridiculously stiff suspension "M Sport", it's branding, nothing more to it.

Exactly, it's just a brand name. Nothing wrong with that!

John

21st Oct 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
john i cant be bothered arguing with you, , despite actully knowing the product, you think you know it all, and maybe you do, but you write like a negative cunt and even if the sky was blue we'd have a hard time convincing you

If the sky was green and you told me that because you had once been on an aeroplane that it was blue, then yes, you would have a hard time convincing me.
jr

21st Oct 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes no sense, much like every other post you make
Steve
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i was an argumentative cunt

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » audi tt's (mk1) 22 database queries in 0.1950150 seconds