corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by Black Folks

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by Black Folks
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Oct 11 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Steve he scored a fucking hat trick against Arsenal too you retard. A quite simply stunning hat trick at that.
him in Barcelona scored a hatrick. I just have my.doubts if all these hatricks and goals would come if he was say with man city in the epl
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he certainly doesnt tear up the world playing for argentina does he, infact id say ronaldo playing for portugal on an international level provides more then messi does for argies
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ronaldo has scored 15 for portugal against messi's 18 for argies hardly a massive addition worthy of best player ever that people are bleating on about IMO

HOWEVER

messi with barcelona = best club team ever IMO

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by Steve]
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done Steve. If he went to a worse side he would score less, genius.

The fact he has scored just under 40 goals in 61 CL appearances tells you all you need to know in terms of performance outside of La Liga. This includes goals against the top EPL sides.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also rooney has scored 28 for england, does that make him a better player then messi? i think not, i would also say england were a worse side then argentina so its not even as if you can say rooneys in a better side

if you are comparing caps against caps and goals, alan shearer capped 63 times with 30 goals.

Messi capped 44 times with 18, even if he scored every single game for the next 19 he would still only marginally beat shearers record.

Again, point im trying to make is that i genuinely think if he ended up at another team he would just be seen as good (eg ronaldo) rather then breathtaking and amazing

Jake

30th Oct 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve i reckon some things are better left unsaid
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i know im not going to get many agreeing lol, most people are on the messi bandwagon and get sucked in by all the media surrounding him and numbers eg hatricks and total goals etc = he must be amazing, when iv seen him play he's been impressive, at times brilliant for barcelona, less so for argentina.

Tommy L

30th Oct 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really do have a thing about internationals.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i support england united m8
Cavey

30th Oct 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not really sure what point you're trying to make Steve.

That he plays worse for Argentina than he does for Barcelona?

He's the best player in the best club team in the world, therefore surely the best player in the world?
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes the best player in the world because hes with Barcelona, so yes i guess on that note he is.

But the point im trying to make is a portion of that brilliance is down to the team hes in rather then him himself being amazing.

That if you take him out of Barcelona and stick him in a top EPL side, then i dont think he would score as many goal or be as great, maybe not even the best, then again he might we will never know.

I suppose if you watch him play regularly and totally disregard his goal tally in the equation thats more of a formed opinion, but simply to look at goal tallys and hatricks etc and say wow hes scored a million goals is unbelievable, when that stat could well be down to the fact most of the league hes playing in is substandard
Cavey

30th Oct 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not just the number of goals he scores, it's the way he scores the goals, the assists he puts in, the amount of man of the match performances he has etc...

He can walk past 6 players and lob the keeper while being blindfolded doing a handstand. The lad has god given talent. He can change the game by himself.

I haven't got the stats for his conversion rate on shots, but i'd imagine it's fairly high EDIT: (for La Liga last season his conversion rate was 22%, he had a part in nearly half of all Barcas goals, 47%) Ronaldo (inveitable comparison) had 14% conversion and played a part in 39% of his teams goals) - http://basicfootball.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/messi-vs-ronaldo-in-numbers/ can't find anything for all competitions or just CL

Obviously being in the team he is in, in the league they are in helps.

I think the Champions League stats kind of kill off any thought that he's only good because the league he's in is shit.

I don't know why he doesn't do as well for the Argies, but in fairness, they always do shit in internationals. Think they lost to Guatemala or some shit last time out

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by Cavey]
Marc

30th Oct 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Steve he scored a fucking hat trick against Arsenal too you retard. A quite simply stunning hat trick at that.

So has Rooney
Nath

30th Oct 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey, what happened in here?!
Marc

30th Oct 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its these fairweather fans upsetting the FA Cup draw selection machine.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i just point out

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
they have already surpassed Arsenal

I like you Steve. You're a welcome addition to Sports Day.
Cavey

30th Oct 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luton Town v Nothampton (not TOO far off a local derby?)
Crewe v Colchester Fuck sake, wouldn't of minded a run in the cup, oh well, we'll stick to being shit in the league then

Couldn't find York in the first round draw for some reason

Marc

30th Oct 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

York are taking the play offs seriously this year.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ronaldo has also played in 3 seaons for RM, and scored a total of 98 goals, compared to 6 seasons at united of 118, hes only 20 goals behind with half the time played!

When he first went to Man Utd he was a raw teenager with loads of potential, that's it. When he left United he was the finished article, scoring over 30 goals a season.
Nath

30th Oct 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can i just point out

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
they have already surpassed Arsenal

I like you Steve. You're a welcome addition to Sports Day.

ok
Nath

30th Oct 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Crewe v Colchester Fuck sake, wouldn't of minded a run in the cup, oh well, we'll stick to being shit in the league then

Good draw for us. There's about 35 miles between the two places but it's only a couple of junctions on the M1, so nice and easy.

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by Nath]
Hammer

30th Oct 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi is the best player in the world and he would remain the best player in the world if he played for Leyton Orient.

Stick to posting about what metal you've chopped off your track car Steve.
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Because we played a weakened team against the league leaders. Too big for the FA cup these days. Won't need to qualify next season anyway
Cavey

30th Oct 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look like the Spurs match will finish 2-0 Again no CS this week
Tommy L

30th Oct 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spurs are brilliant today.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by Black Folks 23 database queries in 0.0165110 seconds