corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
Adam_B

User status: Offline
4th Oct 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

freaky, was talking to a mate yesterday and we were saying they might have shot themselves in the foot a bit by releasing a beta rather than a proper demo because people (americans) are stupid.

[Edited on 04-10-2011 by Adam_B]
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regarding what Sunz said, the back to karkand pack was made along side the game as special content for pre-orders.
Sunz

4th Oct 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
It's annoying twats like those 34k people who will end up stopping them releasing betas in future. Christ, bear with them, it's not the final product

What happens when kids get in to gaming, they obviously can't work out what a beta is about and they see it as some demo like that are used to playing on ps3 or 360.

Be nice if they did fix the bugs but still would seem they started to create maps and weapons a while back for dlc.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ofcourse they did, as it was always going to release along side pre-orders. That's not saying that they didn't put as much effort in to the full game. The full game will be a million times different from the beta regarding bugs and such, just forget about it and play it for a bit of fun.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more MAV footage, this thing looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKj5I_2R6yY
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its about £1,045,000 in preorders gone.

tbh from running shit to now runnig perfect i enjoy it much more..i was frequently getting 45 kills and less than 10 deaths. you couldnt really do that on bc2.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a lot of money but the beta will have brought more orders in than what they've lost. It's just sad that people are that fucking stupid that they would cancel a pre-order after playing one map and game mode on the beta. People obviously dont know the difference between a demo and a beta.

The pre-orders hadn't brought any money in yet either so they havent lost anything essentially, just potential orders.

[Edited on 04-10-2011 by DannyB]
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea of cause its just potential losses..

i dont kno why someone one cancel the pre-order tbh unless they really really expected a BF2 clone in decent new age graphics/physics.

DannyB
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_4abCFHBo
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Oct 11 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/report-ea-and-valve-in-late-stage-talks-to-get-battlefield-3-to-steam/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BF3Blog+%28Battlefield+3+Blog%29
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 07:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in squad management has been confirmed

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165491&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the squads are fucked up in beta arent they?
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup.

was annoying. they should also drop the kill points to 10 to promote teamwork.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kurt

6th Oct 11 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs more than 4 in a squad! Any idea if they've changed this? There's sometimes 6-8 of us playing on 360
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think 5 but i dont know why i think that.

moaning about the menu system is pathetic! of cause its not going to be like that in the retail!! it was fine in the alpha but i guess if you didnt play the alpha then they wouldnt of known.
JonnyJ

6th Oct 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a strange bug last night where it wouldn't let me aim down the sight for about 2/3 minutes, was quite frustrating
mwg

6th Oct 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might get to have a game with you at some point
JonnyJ

6th Oct 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're lucky
Brett
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Had a strange bug last night where it wouldn't let me aim down the sight for about 2/3 minutes, was quite frustrating

Just cycle through your weapons.
JonnyJ

6th Oct 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Just cycle through your weapons.

Didnt think of doing that, managed to get 2 kills just firing from the hip Then it came back.

Come to think of it, i probably did better with no aiming than i did aiming

Brett
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've not had a single hip fire kill yet, it's like it does no damage

I'd love this so much more if it had a HC mode for me to play.

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by Brett]
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqd2gNK7PHo
JonnyJ

6th Oct 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i've not had a single hip fire kill yet, it's like it does no damage

I'd love this so much more if it had a HC mode for me to play.

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by Brett]

Its the only way to play

Cant wait for the full version, straight on HC I've become so used to HC that i dont even look at the map on this beta version

<<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >>

New Poll