corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  80    81    82    83    84    85    86  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Cole

User status: Offline
8th Jul 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kurt how much you want to spend on a bike I can get you very well specced ktm bark 20 for 2.3k or a merida 140 900d for a grand both brand new in the shop
Cole

8th Jul 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle lots of us use strava on here
Cole

8th Jul 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.quantumbikes.co.uk/products/mountain-bikes/ktm-bikes/bark-20-194830-g/

That's the bark

http://www.quantumbikes.co.uk/products/mountain-bikes/full-suspension-mountain-bikes/mens-full-suspension-mountain-bikes/one-forty-900-d/

That's the merida
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Kyle lots of us use strava on here

Ah cool, it seems like a decent app - I'm just concerned about battery life. I know from using Satnav int' car that GPS bums my battery dry, and my pushrod doesn't have a cig lighter

I think we're going to grab a bikerack for the bints' Corsa next, do places like Dolby Forest have routes suitable for nobheads or is it somewhere we should be going with proper mountain bikes and associated skills?

We've got a couple of "hybrid" Carrera Crossfire bikes, seem to be mountain bike frames with a roady type tyre to me.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cole

8th Jul 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difference between using sat nav is you are using the screen where as strava runs in the background so lasts ages easily 4-5hrs maybe more
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm good point sonny.

Will try it at the weekend, I'm sure it can manage my 20mile trips for now!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dr Pepper

8th Jul 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit 1500 miles for the year tonight, lost a stone on the scales and gained quite a bit of leg and lung strength ....average speed on runs has gone from 12-15 mph to about 16.5-18.5 mph

[Edited on 08-07-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Tom G

9th Jul 13 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good going there! Do you ride by yourself?
Dr Pepper

9th Jul 13 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Good going there! Do you ride by yourself?

Yeah pretty much - in a local club but I don't get out with them too much as I'm always busy when they have runs. I'm doing a solo charity lejog next April so the more solo miles I get in the better really
Simon

10th Jul 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now you've got that out your system get some knobbly tyres and get up shotover with strava!
Dr Pepper

11th Jul 13 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Now you've got that out your system get some knobbly tyres and get up shotover with strava!

Lol - I was up there last week on mates mountain bike .... I'm such a pussy off road, yet push me down a mountain on the Tarmac and I will get my chin on the bar and have a go ..... Off road is just not for me mate
Aaron

11th Jul 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done a nice 30 odd mile ride from my home to a seaside town called Hornsea, down an old railway track (the tracks have been removed). I'm in training for a charity walk which my colleagues and i plan to do in a couple of months time
Simon

12th Jul 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Borrowed a tandem from my mates shop for this weekend, finally I can go on a ride with the lady and not have to wait for her
Aaron

13th Jul 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Across the Humber Bridge and back this morning. About 22 miles in total. Pretty warm
Nic Barnes

13th Jul 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to hamsterley forest tomorrow for a ride on the trail there. people keep saying its pretty good and its only 50 mile away so hopefully its worth the trip out.
Rick Draper

13th Jul 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MTB put of action as I ruined the rear wheel. Road bike out of action as I am been a hungry nosed bastard.
Corsa Sport Gav

13th Jul 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
going to hamsterley forest tomorrow for a ride on the trail there. people keep saying its pretty good and its only 50 mile away so hopefully its worth the trip out.

I'm going to hamsterly tomorrow, only 20min from me. It's a awesome place the newer trails are rad!

What bike you got and I'll keep an eye out for you
deano87

14th Jul 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no riding for me after coming off at FoD. Few more weeks yet
Dan
Premium Member

14th Jul 13 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Happy with my progress so far this year.

Down to 12mins 19 seconds for my 3.33 mile ride to work. few inclines on the way.

Considering ive done no physical excersize since school and the first trip took me about 19mins lol

Didnt expect to still be going on the bike 7 months into the year!

Did a 10 mile ride last sunday, averaging 16mph. Then this morning i have just done a 15.83 miler in 1 hour 3 mins.

Well impressed with the progress!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Jul 13 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate my bike already...

I bought it second hand, but it had never been ridden before which was evident by the condition of it.

Threw it in the back of my car, and I reckon I bent the brake discs a bit.

My brakes hence have a bit of rubbing, so went to Halfords ( ) for some new disks and ended up leaving the bike with them for a £14 brake and gear service.

Upon collection, it still rubbed and the gears felt even worse. Had a tinker with it myself yesterday and thought I had it all sussed.

Took it out this morning, after about a mile it was rubbing again and I stopped about 15 times because my chain had mangled up in the gears Most miserable 10 miles I've ever traveled

Bikes were so simple back in the day, how is it as a 13 year old I could treat my bike like shit but it would deal with anything I threw at it? This one cost 4 times as much as any bike I had as a child... and it sucks.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Nic Barnes

14th Jul 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Sport Gav
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

I'm going to hamsterly tomorrow, only 20min from me. It's a awesome place the newer trails are rad!

What bike you got and I'll keep an eye out for you
black trek fuel 6

Made the mistake of doing the entire red trail which was shite fire road bollocks for ages, then from the section called transmission was good. Then did the black trail, I fell off on a sort of wall ride bit which I'm hoping looks funny on the go pro. Overall, hamsterley was ok. If I could hav combined the black and best bits from the red together would have been a lot better than the 21 mile we covered today. I'd go back though, it's only about an hour away from mine. Lovely day for it anyway.
Corsa Sport Gav

14th Jul 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next time you go u2u me and come round with me as I know my way round to miss all the crap out :-) aye transmission is awesome and the two after that are good too
Nic Barnes

14th Jul 13 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will fire the videos up later, mates who I was with are a lot faster than me. Will give you a shout next time as it could be a real decent ride missing out all the garbage.
Nic Barnes

14th Jul 13 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/NbEH3E9qVug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL0JEJd-J_0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3JDKHXF95TEOWYSYN8bmfw

[Edited on 14-07-2013 by Nic Barnes]
Cole

14th Jul 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good trail that

<<  80    81    82    83    84    85    86  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0347490 seconds