corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you decleare a re-map

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you decleare a re-map
DJMartin07

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
What have I learnt:-

Ok, must tell my insurance company.

What i'm gonna do:-

Call Quinn Direct and see what they say about the mods.

would you feel right about stealing someones tv? what about driving with no tax? or mot?

I wouldn't feel right stealing a tv, and as I pay tax and mot as the mot proves your car is road legal and tax lets you drive legally on the road along with the insurance. So I wouldn't steal anything. Enough said.
sam-smith

3rd Dec 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you see my point then?

ill check if my car is legal or not as i am genuinly curious now, but as none of the mods are performance i dont think theyll care. if they do ill admit defeat.

[Edited on 03-12-2007 by sam-smith]
mattk

3rd Dec 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel Deano has missed out on this thread badly
Hamish

3rd Dec 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith

ill check if my car is legal or not as i am genuinly curious now, but as none of the mods are performance i dont think theyll care. if they do ill admit defeat.

i know for a fact that they wont care, but thats not the point

The point is that you should tell the insurance of any changes to your car even if they are goingto care or not.
Nic Barnes

3rd Dec 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

right, so say you have a 1.2 corsa. you leave engine 100% std. but all you do is fit none performance mods. a bodykit etc. you wouldnt have to tell the insurance?

if you change performance or apperance of a vehicle, you have to declare it. thats just the way it works. same goes say you fit a gsi bumper to a 1.2. you have altered the cars appearance to look like something else. yet i bet nobody bothers telling insurance.

honestly, i reckon maybe 10-15% max of people on here actually do it properly. probably less actually.
DJMartin07

3rd Dec 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

right, so say you have a 1.2 corsa. you leave engine 100% std. but all you do is fit none performance mods. a bodykit etc. you wouldnt have to tell the insurance?

if you change performance or apperance of a vehicle, you have to declare it. thats just the way it works. same goes say you fit a gsi bumper to a 1.2. you have altered the cars appearance to look like something else. yet i bet nobody bothers telling insurance.

honestly, i reckon maybe 10-15% max of people on here actually do it properly. probably less actually.

Well lets hope it goes up after this, as you guys have changed me.
will_ainsworth

3rd Dec 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have a few things then i need to sort out,

im with quinn, and when i asked them about mods, they said they only care about things that increase performance,

so when i got mine lowered i rang up and said i have lowered it, they asked if it increased performance i said no , i also said im getting an exhaust professionally fitted and it will be s/s as my baffle has gone, they said thats ok if its not performance, then they also said they will be sending me out a form i think,,,,, i guess they mean the engineers report, but i didn't receive one.... they are pretty useless, so im guessing i have to ring em back up again and sort it all out!"! i hate quinn, the people on the phone dont even tell you information which you already knew!!!
sam-smith

3rd Dec 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
quote:

The point is that you should tell the insurance of any changes to your car even if they are goingto care or not.

why am i in the list then? and why are you arguing? you just admitted i was right all along
Ben ev

3rd Dec 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had a 1.2 with a monster body kit i told the insurance about it imediately. given the laughed at me but a good deed done all the same
Nic Barnes

3rd Dec 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth

im with quinn, and when i asked them about mods, they said they only care about things that increase performance,

so when i got mine lowered i rang up and said i have lowered it, they asked if it increased performance i said no , i also said im getting an exhaust professionally fitted and it will be s/s as my baffle has gone, they said thats ok if its not performance, then they also said they will be sending me out a form i think,,,,, i guess they mean the engineers report, but i didn't receive one.... they are pretty useless, so im guessing i have to ring em back up again and sort it all out!"! i hate quinn, the people on the phone dont even tell you information which you already knew!!!

right, for starters, you actually rang them up though. thats all it takes in most cases. tell them, they say its ok, then you know your all legit.

it really isnt any harder than that.
Jamie

3rd Dec 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your driving without insurance not declaring modifications?

You think the insurance will turn round and say - "Oh its ok, he/she WAS going to pay for them eventually..."
Hamish

3rd Dec 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i havent

you said it would be fine as they are not perforance mods. But legally you have to declare every modification on your car regardless if they increase the premium or not
Nic Barnes

quote:
quote:
quote:

why am i in the list then? and why are you arguing? you just admitted i was right all along

no, child. you havent phoned them have you? its not that they wont care. its that you seem not to care to inform them. its up to the insurance company if they dont care. not you. understand youth?
will_ainsworth

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth

right, for starters, you actually rang them up though. thats all it takes in most cases. tell them, they say its ok, then you know your all legit.

it really isnt any harder than that.

but they kept on saying they are sending out a report but i didnt recieve one, i got one the other day tho but thats cus i wanted to see about an engine conversion, i think ill get that filled in and use that,
Hamish

3rd Dec 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quinn are total cunts anyway. They are the shittest insurer ever
sam-smith

yeah cheers granddad.

ill be a good little girl and get right on it

ill ring up wiat for them to say they dont care and il be a model citizen all over again. tbh i cant wait
dan_c4rsa

the engineers report is pretty useful i got that and has come in handy A LOT
strick206

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev

2. whats the big deal with a gti and mi16 engine? i was working on one no more than 2 months ago on bods?

edit: that was a 205. chimp

[Edited on 03-12-2007 by Ben ev]

[Edited on 03-12-2007 by Ben ev]

djmartin, are you sure it wasnt a 205?
Nic Barnes

3rd Dec 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye was gonna say ben but forgot.
DJMartin07

Will I get an engineers report for my exhaust system as it's hard when it was fitted by two 17 year olds at college.
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I feel Deano has missed out on this thread badly

Im sure he will have a 2000 word reply to bring it back to life.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Nic Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
Will I get an engineers report for my exhaust system as it's hard when it was fitted by two 17 year olds at college.

no.
Hamish

quote:
yeah cheers granddad.

ill be a good little girl and get right on it

ill ring up wiat for them to say they dont care and il be a model citizen all over again. tbh i cant wait

tbh its just what everyone else does in this world, i dont know why you are making a sarcastic comments about it. Its just one of those things in life you have to do
will_ainsworth

3rd Dec 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my defense if it came to me crashing i could probably be ok as non of my mods are performance increased and they said to me i dont need to tell them otherwise, tbh i had a huge crash a year ago on my scooter, wrote off a audi a3 went through the back window, my scooter was derestricted by previous owner and it wasn't checked atall by the police or insurance. but still i understand why its good to declare everything
sam-smith

3rd Dec 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Quinn are total cunts anyway. They are the shittest insurer ever

yeah half the reason i cant be bothered to tell them

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you decleare a re-map 23 database queries in 0.0140400 seconds