corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW
Robbo

User status: Offline
8th Apr 08 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously Im biased but Id say we were the better team home and away
MarkM

8th Apr 08 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Obviously Im biased but Id say we were the better team home and away

John G

8th Apr 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
All I can say is... discount Bables goal... and that was NOT a penalty EVER... 3 games, 3 peno decisions... each one wrong... never midn, good luck Chelsea

Last weds penalty claim - Yes

Saturdays - Didnt see it was away

Tonights - Yes

As you said you biased so your bound to say it wasnt but eitherway, it was referees decision, nothing the players can do, Was a great game though, think close to the worst game iv watched in terms of nervousness
MarkM

8th Apr 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The score finished 5-3 anyway so the first leg pen shout wouldnt have made a difference....

We've won it five times....we've won it fiiiivvvee tiiiimmmmess....In Istanbul....we won it five times......
MarkM

8th Apr 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to go into work tomorrow all the cockney cunts will be getting it haha
John G

8th Apr 08 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Cant wait to go into work tomorrow all the cockney cunts will be getting it haha

How did you become and lpool fan out of interest, you from up here then moved to london
MarkM

8th Apr 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:

How did you become and lpool fan out of interest, you from up here then moved to london

I lived in Liverpool for 24 years and 6 months of my life....I moved to London in September for a job...I will return to Liverpool within the next 5 years!

John G

8th Apr 08 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I lived in Liverpool for 24 years and 6 months of my life....I moved to London in September for a job...I will return to Liverpool within the next 5 years!

job opertunity?
MarkM

8th Apr 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

job opertunity?

Yes but I like to think of it as a stage in my career...ultimately I see myself working in Manchester ways and commuting to work from my home on the outskirts of Liverpool...

I was brought up about a mile from Goodison...
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and

I knew we'd win tonight. Arsenal gave us a scare for the first 20mins (where they have played the best football against us I have seen for years IMO) but after that we settled down and controlled it.

Great header by Hyypia - 10yrs not out next year

What a natural finish by Torres, even though he had a quiet game. I'd accept him doing fuck all during games if he scores 1 each time

Great great great run by Walcott, although he should of been brought down in his own half, but our players were all on bookings so didnt so He has spells where he looks a great player, then others where I think he just isnt strong enough.

Babel once again showed why I think he'll be one of the best players in the Prem next season with both his drive into the box for the pen, and also for his goal. I know his pen will be debated, and its a ready made excuse for the Arsenal fans (which Wenger has aleady used which is good to see) but it was def a pen as much as the one at the Emirates was also a pen - its just luck of the draw I guess.

Again though
Edd

9th Apr 08 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i felt arsenal where harshly done by with the penalty and probably did enough on the night to deserve to go through

my brother and i actually cheered when arsenal scored their 2nd as walcotts run deserved a goal
Nismo

9th Apr 08 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wenger unhappy at 'dodgy penalty'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7335573.stm

Thats life!! happens to all teams, get over it, he allways has sumit to moan about...
Cosmo

9th Apr 08 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
and probably did enough on the night to deserve to go through

Other than not score enough goals
Edd

9th Apr 08 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if liverpool never got a dodgy penalty it would have been a different story
dave17

9th Apr 08 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair liverpool would have never scored the 4th if the pen hadnt gone their way, we had 9 players in their box. Dodgy as fuck pen, arms everywhere and Babel falls over No way as clear cut as Hlebs last week. The adebayor/walcott goal deserved to win the game, liverpool riding their luck again

Cmon Barca!!
Rob_Quads

9th Apr 08 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO it probably was a penatly but there was no way it was stone wall like the previous two. The difference is the slo-mo showed that there was actually no tugging of shirts it was just clumsy tackling by the arsenal.

IMO arsenal did do enough to deserve to go though (deserving to go through does not just mean scoring)
AdZ9

9th Apr 08 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won £255 last night

put £25 on draw/liverpool for ht/ft and £15 on Chelsea 2-0 needed!

Also had £10 on liverpool 2-1 which would of been another 80 quid, shame that didn't stay!
Cosmo

9th Apr 08 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
IMO arsenal did do enough to deserve to go though (deserving to go through does not just mean scoring)

fpmsl...yeah OK mate of course it doesnt

All those great sides who have won this compy 5,6,7+ times didnt do so by scoring, instead they did so by deserving it and letting the other team score more.

RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Penalty looked like a dead cert in real time imo so not suprised ref gave it.

Robbo, not sure how you come to the conclusion that Arsenal were the better team last night. Apart from the first 25 mins and odds spells Liverpool ran the game.

And those that are saying the penalty ment nothing because of Babel's goal. Get a grip, all the arsenal players except cesc were in your box because of the peno
RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great game tho
MarkM

9th Apr 08 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
probably did enough on the night to deserve to go through

We scored 4 goals...Arsenal had the chances to also score 4 (Adebayor had a couple) but didnt...so NO I dont beleive they did enough as they never took their chances...the first 20 mins they played us off the park in midfield due to us moving Gerrard out on the left and us playing 4 across the middle which meant Arsenal had an extra man....

After our goal we dominated the first half...and I would say the second half was pretty even...

dave17

9th Apr 08 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
probably did enough on the night to deserve to go through

We scored 4 goals...Arsenal had the chances to also score 4 (Adebayor had a couple) but didnt...so NO I dont beleive they did enough as they never took their chances...the first 20 mins they played us off the park in midfield due to us moving Gerrard out on the left and us playing 4 across the middle which meant Arsenal had an extra man....

After our goal we dominated the first half...and I would say the second half was pretty even...

you scored 4 because you got a dodgy pen and all our players were in your box

Water under the bridge now though, Arsenal for the Prem.
Cosmo

9th Apr 08 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
you scored 4 because you got a dodgy pen and all our players were in your box

It wasnt a dodgey pen, it just happened to be given and yours wasnt.

And isnt all the players being in our box your teams fault? I mean great you needed a goal and were pushing for it, but surely its basic footballing tactics to not leave EVERYONE upfield when the opposition have pace upfront.
Edd

9th Apr 08 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a dodgy penalty

if that was given against my team i would be raging
dave17

9th Apr 08 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? there was a few mins left, make or break really, it broke, but if it had come off then woulda been a result. Was fuming last night after the game, but i think its more the fact that 2 seasons in a row now we have thrown everything away from Feb-April, and now look to be trophyless at the end of the season, for the 4th time

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW 23 database queries in 0.0235469 seconds