corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)...

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)...
Rybo

User status: Offline
27th Jun 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was at pvs...admiring your cars lads,progress is slow but steady,i have no internet at home so struggle with updates,and having stopped working away the funds arent as good lol,shes mechanically finished now!!! just bits of bodywork and ill be putting her on the road...ill get some pics up when i go to my brothers
SRI-LEE

29th Jun 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

piccys forgot ryan sorry dude.

Mark.W

30th Jun 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking tip top mate

Maybe sticking a redtop in mine soon
Rybo

27th Jul 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right lads ive made progress but not as much as i should of!!! ive not been on much recently and its left me very un-motivated as im generally a bid miserable lol
this is a plea for motivation!!!!!
dan-sport

27th Jul 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get your arse down to the garage and get it on the road

whats left to do mate?
Nic Barnes

27th Jul 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rybo8655
right lads ive made progress but not as much as i should of!!! ive not been on much recently and its left me very un-motivated as im generally a bid miserable lol
this is a plea for motivation!!!!!

you kendal lot are all quitters tbh. bethoml hasnt even painted his boot lid yet.

we got 1/4 mile antics in cumbria on saturday and sunday. could have had it running and kickin its ass in all day there. shame.
Rybo

27th Jul 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is mechanically finished,i did a track day at croft last week in my shitty astra sport and it was awesome,but moneys tight and ive put so much in i wont cut corners on the the last bits,also bethoml is lazy lol, im off on holiday next week(no drag strip for me soz nic) but when i return i will crack on...i keep getting side-tracked by the thought of fitting a saab turbo in the astra,im shit at life at the mo i tell ya!
Rybo

29th Dec 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well an appalling 6 months later i have news... i havent finished it yet!
but i havent quit either,ive got a bigger workshop and a nice new job (again lol)
ive been pushing on steady away with lots of little bits including;

all gauges/senders now working (with custom pod),
tidied up and cleaned a few bits underneath,and under bonnet
and ive made a centre console with a fuel cut-off key switch (mainly as a cheap security extra) fan overide switch and push button start - its made with real carbon too, the stuffs great id have everything carbon if it wasnt ridiculous prices to buy.
aside from this ive had to work on my newest daily hack for its MOT (very ghey mk3 astra 1.6ls) as the new job requires a 20 mile round trip everyday
heres a couple of little pics for those that actually remember the start of this project and im hoping to keep pushing on big time to get her done - if the weather eases as its shite!
thanks for looking
ry

Rybo

29th Dec 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fan switch is fitted where the masking tape is now... the led's are for indication of the below switch
Mark.W

29th Dec 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wondered where you had gone to

Nice to see the project back up
sparcost3

29th Dec 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were did u gety that fuel cap on the gray 1? is it real not a gay flap and if so cud u u2u me were u got it???? and looks like a really good project m8
Rybo

30th Dec 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha cheers wooly im sadly at the age where i need to buy a house etc so its not that easy to stay financially on track but its gotta be how i want it so sometimes takes a while to balance the books i guess.
the fuel cap was a metal dimma one and i sold it over a year ago sorry-try ebay bud
SRI-LEE

30th Dec 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ryan that is looking immense! good work il probably pop round next weekend if your at the workshop i can have a guided tour lol
Mark.W

30th Dec 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you use meriva gm pads in you calibra turbo calipers mate?

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by wooly101uk]
Rybo

31st Dec 09 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah..just calibra ones bud...there is two types mind...mine are the later ones (im sure mine are the same as v6 ones)
Rybo

31st Dec 09 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
ryan that is looking immense! good work il probably pop round next weekend if your at the workshop i can have a guided tour lol

its been a long time since anybody has seen it to be honest,but itd be nice to actually have some company up in the barn bud
Mark.W

31st Dec 09 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rybo8655
nah..just calibra ones bud...there is two types mind...mine are the later ones (im sure mine are the same as v6 ones)

So did you use calibra discs but drilled them to make them 4 stud fitment?
Rybo

31st Dec 09 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep...they're ebc jobbies- but standard ones are dirt cheap from motor factors - just remember its defo something that has to be done right
fillmecca

31st Dec 09 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am shocked mate i didnt think you wud finish it lol good to see your geting on with it tho mine will be on road in next few mounths oh yer is your mate still really good with spray gun? dus he wona make him self some cash?? got a job for him i need my front bumper,back bumper,al 4 gsi archers and gsi side skirt primeing and painting ect drop me a u2u plz mate
davieslim

7th Jan 10 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any further on mate? will it be at pvs with you this year? im hoping to make it 2 years in a row for my corsa as last year was the first time id taken a vauxhall to the show
Rybo

18th Mar 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha it should be at pv davie yeah, got a few bits at the paintshop and ive been trucking away this week with it as ive been off work, although i havent updated this much ive still been pushing on,ill get some pics up asap...i even washed/polished it today, im a true vaux man,ive only ever had novas,astras corsas etc but ive never actually had a project car ready for pvs...this one will be there for sure!! (i hope )
SRI-LEE

18th Mar 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of pics for you ryan

fillmecca

18th Mar 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it whats left to do them ryan?
Rybo

19th Mar 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the wheels powder coated and fitted,among a massive list... thats the first time its seen rain for 2 years and i werent happy! ill probs try keep here updated a bit more
Rybo

19th Mar 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i need to decide whether the back lights stay or go...

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)... 23 database queries in 0.0215590 seconds