corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rage Against The X Factor

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rage Against The X Factor
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:
Lets just agree to disagree.
Because you know im right...

Not even a little bit! I bought the song again even though i already have it. I dont care where the money goes.

Its just a 'fuck you' to the people who make Xfactor end so the winner is guaranteed (well, not anymore) xmas number one with a song that they havent even written themselves.

But how stupid will you feel when McElbowsex is No.1 anyway.. All you will have done is help pay for a new holiday home for a Sony BMI board member. Well done

it wasnt about the money. it was about stopping them get to number 1. if it didnt work, it still provided a chart battle at christmas which there hasnt been for years.

its not about the money.
DaveyLC

20th Dec 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might not be 'about the money' for you but its a massive boost for the industry and the industry doesnt give a rats arse who is at number1 they just care about the money.

If you believe it isnt about the money then you'll believe that road-tax hikes are there for the environment.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by DaveyLC]
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Dec 09 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you're both saying the same thing.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but how stupid will you feel when McElbowsex is No.1 anyway.. All you will have done is help pay for a new holiday home for a Sony BMI board member. Well done

Not at all, RATM is No1. He can plague the charts as much as he likes now.

Couldnt give a toss who got the money from the tracks. Rage are doing a good thing with their part.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you believe it isnt about the money then you'll believe that road-tax hikes are there for the environment.

But wasnt this whole thing started by someone on facebook? If it was about the money then surely someone from Sony would have started it.
DaveyLC

20th Dec 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:

But wasnt this whole thing started by someone on facebook? If it was about the money then surely someone from Sony would have started it.

Oh I forgot, sony have got facebook blocked on their firewall so it couldnt possilbly be a fix.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:

Oh I forgot, sony have got facebook blocked on their firewall so it couldnt possilbly be a fix.

Jesus christ your looking far too deep into this.

Ian
Site Administrator

20th Dec 09 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Sony could be behind it. There's no evidence to suggest that they're not, except a few radio interviews with the FB member who started it.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by Ian]
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:

Jesus christ your looking far too deep into this.

i think he is but he isnt going to give up with is so why bother replying anymore even if he is completely wrong (possibly)
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I think Sony could be behind it. There's no evidence to suggest that they're not, except a few radio interviews with the FB member who started it.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by Ian]

Either way, its still nice to have something good at No1 for a change.

plus cos its number 1 they are gonna have to play it all the time over xmas!
mattk

20th Dec 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

many many people are missing the obvious point in this

the X factor IS NOT christmas number 1 2009, as far as I was concerned that was the objective, I dont give a shite what happens elsewhere in the world as a result of that
Pip308

20th Dec 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
many many people are missing the obvious point in this

the X factor IS NOT christmas number 1 2009, as far as I was concerned that was the objective, I dont give a shite what happens elsewhere in the world as a result of that

+1
Carl

20th Dec 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DamoLC give it a rest, looking far too deep into it, although your points are valid.
John

20th Dec 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
DamoLC

taylorboosh

21st Dec 09 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
wtf this song is shit

Were you even born when it came out??

Just checked - You were 4.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by Tiger]

mate im listening to queen on my ipod as we speak... i like alsorts of music, the x-factor song is better than that, its not no 1 because its good its no1 because people wanted it to beat x factor.. its wank
Tiger

21st Dec 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so if your mate said to you that everything Queen has ever done is wank......what would you say to him?

Rage Against The Machine went triple platinum as far as i'm aware, it can't be that shite eh!!??

* In July 2009, "Killing in the Name" was voted at number #2 in the Hottest 100 of all time countdown poll, conducted by Australian radio station, Triple J. More than half a million votes were cast in.

* "Killing in the Name" earned a spot on Guitar World's list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Solos" at #89.

* Rolling Stone lists "Killing in the Name" as the 24th in its 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time.

You may hate the song, but it's accolades prove that in the real world, it's a popular song.

Let the facts speak for themselves.

Neo

21st Dec 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I like the song, might not be to other peoples tastes but that isnt the point

The aim was real world people can make a difference and stop X-Factor becoming number one. Surely if anything its proven more people dislike x-factor than like it which should have well and truely pissed off cowell.

Any song could have been used, however this just seem's very fitting and RATM have given shedloads of the money they recieved to charity.
Ojc

21st Dec 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly no MC Shabba D
taylorboosh

21st Dec 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok, so if your mate said to you that everything Queen has ever done is wank......what would you say to him?

Rage Against The Machine went triple platinum as far as i'm aware, it can't be that shite eh!!??

* In July 2009, "Killing in the Name" was voted at number #2 in the Hottest 100 of all time countdown poll, conducted by Australian radio station, Triple J. More than half a million votes were cast in.

* "Killing in the Name" earned a spot on Guitar World's list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Solos" at #89.

* Rolling Stone lists "Killing in the Name" as the 24th in its 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time.

You may hate the song, but it's accolades prove that in the real world, it's a popular song.

its still crap
Tiger

21st Dec 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:

its still crap

Merry Christmas
mattk

21st Dec 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not a fan of the song, I love my rock music but I tend to like stuff a bit more melodic with nice fills a nice chord progression and some nice lyrics

Still better than the X Factor
micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
melodic with nice fills a nice chord progression and some nice lyrics

you're a love
Nath

21st Dec 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
DamoLC

That is genius

<<  6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rage Against The X Factor 22 database queries in 0.0186641 seconds