corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combe threads and WR
Colin

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yeah thats why a rebrand into a common name is being discussed

Ian wont ever do it, CS is his child & hes watched it grow. I think he would rather see it die than it be sodomised into something else.

Even though at present its 70% there just without the name change.

Personally i'd like to see weekend racer pumped out to a wider audience. For me a weekend racer isnt limited to a track car.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
But are the eejits that use it just for a bit of banter not just going to annoy the track focused people (which I assume WR is full of)?

Weekend racer isnt full of anything atm, theres a couple folk off here post now & then. 15 threads in nearly a month......its not been the success it was hoped.

Colin

13th Sep 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
I just read the first and last pages there so sorry if I'm repeating anything - people are saying that the majority of fowk on here don't drive a corsa. But I'd put a tenner on the fact that there are even less people go to track days regularly.

Your probably correct but what does that mean

As in if Corsasport was rebranded as a track day website

I dont think thats what anyone wants. I think several have suggeted a merge & a move to a generic car site like PH's.
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But are the eejits that use it just for a bit of banter not just going to annoy the track focused people (which I assume WR is full of)?

The issue is we are the same people!

Its the banter that makes a forum worth visiting, if it gets all anal only a tiny proportion will still bother visiting.
alan-g-w

13th Sep 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a quick look at the WR site but I've not really had any want to start using it - CS has pretty much everything I'd be looking for. WR would have to have something that's appealing to everyone - as said before I think, it just seems like too much of a niche.
alan-g-w

13th Sep 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I just read the first and last pages there so sorry if I'm repeating anything - people are saying that the majority of fowk on here don't drive a corsa. But I'd put a tenner on the fact that there are even less people go to track days regularly.

Your probably correct but what does that mean

As in if Corsasport was rebranded as a track day website

I dont think thats what anyone wants. I think several have suggeted a merge & a move to a generic car site like PH's.

As in can WR and come up with a whole new site? I think that's the best idea.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what im saying is best
alan-g-w

13th Sep 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye when I wrote the first comment I thought the talk was to move all the CS members over to WR.
big eck

13th Sep 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been onto WR and is it only 3 sections????
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Not strictly - like your mate with the MX - he's not a CS regular as I understand, neither is the guy with the V8 Westfield, his mate with a 944, few people who would go to WR if it was busy but don't because it's not and have no cause to come on CS.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whaats your view on opening WR up to a larger audience by having non-track car content Ian?

To me a weekend racer can be whatever you have in your garage for the weekends, whether thats a finely fettled and highly polished 2nd car or a banger racer.

I think rolling out the content to cover a wider area will be overall winner.

What about prem services like on here, avatars etc.

Like I said I dont thin many would have a problem using it so CS can get back to CS but its going to have to be a damn sight better than it is & offer as much as over here!!
Gary
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if it's been montined but...

Coud you not duplicated the Off Days + GC to WR?

Then for the people who have little or no interest in corsas could use WR + the people who use WR will still benefit from the random chat on here
Paul_J

13th Sep 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
I also think weekend racer sounds a bit cruiserish and not really appealing to wider market as such. I know it's only a name but it just sounds a bit, well young really.

I agree with this imo... I don't like saying to people 'weekend racer' - makes you sound like a boy racer.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worse then corsasport lol
Joe

13th Sep 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I don't own a Corsa any more and aren't really interested in track days etc. What site would I use?
mattk

13th Sep 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree the name corsasport implies "sporty corsas"

again the current style isnt sporty as far as most Cs and Ds are concerned
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some valid points but the decision is largely made, focus CS and grow WR, whatever that takes.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
So if I don't own a Corsa any more and aren't really interested in track days etc. What site would I use?

Faceparty
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some valid points but the decision is largely made, focus CS and grow WR, whatever that takes.
Fro

13th Sep 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Ban
A2H GO

13th Sep 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if this site was to go back to its heritage roots it would do very well. There are hundreds of young new drivers buying corsas but going to other websites.

When i joined up to CDUK to get advice on certian things and buy bits, i could tell from the posts that most of the owners on there are 17-19 who would get slated on here for some of the stuff they post.

I know we are only giving our opinions and that will always be the case due to the type/age of members on here. However, if there were lots more new young corsa owners who were on the same wave length, the site would soon start growing again, ie. 'Yeah them lexus lights look good' or 'loving the 10k HIDS' instead of 'your ScEnE car looks broken' etc.

The trouble you have is the people who ONLY come on here for the community, such as me, i don't come on to talk about corsa's, nor would i go over to WR, so i would be lost, along with a lot of other members but if this is what the site needs to survive then im all for it.
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Not strictly - like your mate with the MX - he's not a CS regular as I understand, neither is the guy with the V8 Westfield, his mate with a 944, few people who would go to WR if it was busy but don't because it's not and have no cause to come on CS.

Yeah but they arent 'forum' people.. My mate can just about switch a computer on! He regularly reads stuff on piston heads etc but has zero interest in taking part in a forum..

I think CS has the right sort of member base to pull off a pistonheads competitor but if you try and create something like that from scratch you will fail.. I'd even be willing to put money on it.

I used to be a member of a site called Girlracer (my missus was a member).. It was a great site it actually had about a 50/50 mix of male/female members (impressive for a car forum), pleanty of banter, regular events, moderated by good people etc.. BUT the person who set it up (a guy funilly enough) wanted to take it back to its roots i.e. nearly all female members and setup another site for the blokes.

What used to be a massively popular site with thousands of members is now pretty much dead and reduced to the odd 'morning' post.

Ian, while you've got the chance to create something special you should do it!

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by DaveyLC]
AndyKent

13th Sep 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to keep them separate (which is completely understandable) then I think taking on board the comments from people who like the CS layout versus the WR layout is important.

I see no reason why you can't mirror the CS colourscheme over to WR - if anything it would help people to stick around longer. I'm not much of a fan as it is tbh.
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The colour scheme wont make people post.
AndyKent

13th Sep 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people don't like the colour scheme they won't be inclined to visit. If they don't visit they won't post.

Plus it will make CS people feel at home.

I know its not a massive difference, but given the choice of luminous green versus a neutral blue/grey I know what I'd choose.
Its not like that luminous green is really fixed in stone anyway. All the branded clothing is in all sorts of colours, except green

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by AndyKent]

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR 22 database queries in 0.0356338 seconds