corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Cooper S

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Cooper S
Ojc

User status: Offline
12th May 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to guy at 1320 the last ones all had LSD but it was an optional extra to start with. I hadn't really noticed it because it's not got the torque of my old VXR so anything seems quite tame incomparison but there were a few instances where it seemed
to come out of corners quicker than it should have.

You can go to BMW and ask them for a spec list on your car should say if it has LSD or not.
alan-g-w

12th May 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've had a car with and without an LSD have you not, how could you not tell the Mini had one?
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

electronic or mechanical lsd?
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this all sounds a bit dodgy if you ask me

I dont mean to be rude m8 but are you sure this guy wasnt feeding you shit?

"Best one hes ever seen"

"special gear ratios"

"lsd"

[Edited on 12-05-2011 by Steve]
Corsa_Sport21

12th May 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want video evidence.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a bit of google and on the mini forums seems to suggest that the face lifted ones all having lsd as standard is a myth from an incorrect article printed in Performance Car Magazine,

It could be yours has LSD as the original owner specced it, but according to what iv read doesnt have it as standard
Ben G

12th May 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely you would know if a car had an LSD. just drive round a corner a bit too fast and see what happens.
Joe

12th May 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the way Oliver will not have a bad word said about cars he owns/has owned. Great commitment.
Corsa_Sport21

12th May 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be rather funny if it didn't have 1 even though some guy from 1990 told him it did.
Ben G

12th May 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he'll have your lips off for that.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL

im very wary of anyone in the modifying/motor trade, what most people say you have to take with a pinch of salt, in my experiences they are either just pure bred bullshitters, or they say crap just to make conversation

oliver unfortunately seems to take everything hes told at face value
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can normally tell when someone is genuinely talking sense, and its easy to spot when someone is talking crap also, when you hear things like "better gear ratios"
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I like the way Oliver will not have a bad word said about cars he owns/has owned. Great commitment.

i think the mini is a genuinely nice car though, its not like the ojc with vauxhall blinkers on i really rate the mini, especially having pretty much a full lap play with one on the ring last year
Joe

12th May 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah you're right m8, I like Cooper S' also. Great little cars.

Its mainly his Vauxhall blinkers that I admire, see Jambo's Vectra VXR thread. Still he's a cutie.
Ojc

12th May 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Later ones do have better gear ratios. They do have diffs.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only according to that twat who did your RR, i thin kyou should do some research before you convince yourself.

I want to see written internet evidence before the end of the night, then you will get A*
Corsa_Sport21

12th May 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still want to see a video of OJC's Mini with an LSD.
Or even 11s on the road.
Spanishfly

12th May 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates has the chilli pack, so I believe that has one. Got it sat outside as i've just serviced it. BRB
Rich H

12th May 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Ollie The LSD, trip computer, heated seats and heated screen are the 4 things I wanted in mine Ah well.

Surprised at how much difference just the pulley has made - a mates with just a pulley made 200bhp which I thought was good enough!

Oh and Steve, the Dave-F box actually does make a difference. Despite a dodgy name, he is very well respected in the BMW world!
A2H GO

12th May 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think the chilli pack has anything to do with diff, maybe a leather steering wheel or something.

Didn't think any R53 s came wil LSD as standard
Fro

13th May 11 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve the box changed on the facelift and they do have different ratios. Also came with a mech LSD where spec'd but its not as good as a quaiffe one as it doesn't lock up as much apparently. Quite a lot of the 05/06 facelift ones have the LSD from factory which I doubt you're average joe would spec. Apparently there is a diff box code for lsd boxes think its on mini2 forum somewhere.

Supercharger also changed as did the ecu software/firmware and a couple of other bits.
Steve
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 06:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so still nothing which says all models of certain age left with lsds as standard then
Steve
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
Steve the box changed on the facelift and they do have different ratios. Also came with a mech LSD where spec'd but its not as good as a quaiffe one as it doesn't lock up as much apparently. Quite a lot of the 05/06 facelift ones have the LSD from factory which I doubt you're average joe would spec. Apparently there is a diff box code for lsd boxes think its on mini2 forum somewhere.

Supercharger also changed as did the ecu software/firmware and a couple of other bits.

im not saying you are lying, or even the person you heard it off, or where you read it is lying either, but all this sounds very much like internet guff and iv heard enough of it in my time when something doesnt sound quite right.

Different gears in the ones with lsd sounds plausible, i guess it all boils down to wether these ones did come with the lsd from factory unspecced, and i can find no official evidence to support this, all full off supposedly and apparently, with one piece saying its all a myth.

This is just like the later 106 gti story where 2 pronged engines left the factory with 130bhp.

Until someone can come along and say, yep i bought one of these mini from new, i didnt spec an lsd yet it came with one, or i see some sort of official advertisement media suggesting it i will remain unconvinced
Spanishfly

13th May 11 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mini2 seems to suggest the chilli pack means lsd. I don't know and to be quite frank don't care. Mini's are for lesbians
Steve
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Cooper S 22 database queries in 0.0148261 seconds