corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend thread sponsored by Black managers

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend thread sponsored by Black managers
Whittie

User status: Offline
26th Feb 13 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did somebody just say something?
kennySRi

26th Feb 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Anyone else see Chelsea dropping out of the top 4 and the places going to Manchester and N.London??

I see Benitez getting the sack approximately 1 hour after the last game of the season

Even if they finish 2nd and win a cup he will still get the sack. I'd hate to be a Chelsea fan constantly having a new manager!
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the bale wankfest over yet?

genuinely though, i fully expect him to dismantle us at the weekend - we need to be on our game to contain him as hes in rich form... somethign hes added to his game this year (last few years hes had sporadic moments of class). both his goals were pathetically defended by WHU (fuck you WHU btw, fuck you) BUT this talk of him as POTY is a joke... same with suarez, both ahd great seasons but ultimartely both bale and suarez will achieve nothing (perhaps CL footy for Spurs but still) whereas the dutch skunky cunt has already delivered a relatively poor Utd team the PL at a fucking canter and maybe even the CL. No question its RVP IMO
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with you there, too much hype, world class because hes strung half a dozen good games together

If he does it over a number of seasons and in europe then get back to me about world class
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS cant see past Klopp for Chelsea and yes, agree partly with Ben in that I think Chelsea may fall away with Benitez but surely they still will want CL football
mwg

26th Feb 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be stupid.
Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine Bale in a better team with better players around him, he's developing within spurs atm, no disrespect to them but they're not a highly desirable team, such as City, United, Milans, Barca, Madrids, Munich, PSG etc etc. I think his talent would really come out when he's amoungst players with similar ability, rather than him sticking out like a saw thumb in a slightly above average team who are on a good run with form at the minute.

Also I find Arsenal fan's view's worthless due to London club rivalry.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could also argue against better opposition he would get found out. He didnt exactly tear united apart did he, in fact he was fairly anonymous and noone was hailing the wonderful Bale. However mix a string of good performances, with some ropey defending and some poorer teams and now hes world class?

His game is too one dimensional relying pretty much on pace and a strong shot, it wont be long before teams start to stop his game, again that may not be the case, which is why we need a season or two of this form to form a proper judgement, the term world class is thrown about far to easily, and small runs of form is too fickle..it was only a few weeks ago everyone was criticising him for diving

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by Steve]
Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was to list "World Class" players from the EPL Bale would have to be in there imo.
Jamie Walby

26th Feb 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since he scored against United at Old Trafford way back at the beginning of the season has Bale actually scored against a top 6 team?

He scored against Arsenal (not hard) but thats all I can think of?
Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Since he scored against United at Old Trafford way back at the beginning of the season has Bale actually scored against a top 6 team?

He scored against Arsenal (not hard) but thats all I can think of?

Just looked, no others apart from Arsenal yet, but City & Chelsea last year.

But to be fair, spurs have got Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea & City left.

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by Whittie]
Jamie Walby

26th Feb 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know he's gonna fuck us up on Sunday
Cavey

26th Feb 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's currently in the top 3 players in the league. And he's only going to get better.

World class at the moment? On current form I'd have him in a world 25 without a doubt. Possibly in the starting line up.

Apparently Steve seems to have forgotten when he orchestrated Spurs first win at OT for 20odd years earlier in the season.
Cavey

26th Feb 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I know he's gonna fuck us up on Sunday

Scored 4 in 9 games against you I think SSN said.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
He's currently in the top 3 players in the league. And he's only going to get better.

World class at the moment? On current form I'd have him in a world 25 without a doubt. Possibly in the starting line up.

Apparently Steve seems to have forgotten when he orchestrated Spurs first win at OT for 20odd years earlier in the season.

Id forgotten how we had a terrible first half, but should have won by 2-3 goals by how much we dominated in the 2nd half
Cavey

26th Feb 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So he tore you apart for 1 half at least then?
mwg

26th Feb 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one tears us apart unless we play badly then it's our own doing.

Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if you class one goal and an OG tearing us apart
Cavey

26th Feb 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did he not tear Inter apart a couple of years back too? And would you not have him in a united team at present? Are Valencia and Young (or Nani ) better?

I definitely wouldn't class him near Ronaldo at the moment, but the rate he's improved this season I reckon he'll get pretty close in the next few years, imagine the amount he'd scored in a 2 team league in Spain

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by Cavey]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he'd probably fit intheunited squad at th emoment as we are a bit weak on the left, hes definitely a decent player, im arguing about this world class hype that is being attributed merely because of a recent run of goal scoring
mwg

26th Feb 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he played for us he would be the best left winger in the world
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway did you not hear? ronaldos coming back
Cavey

26th Feb 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Matt, if he was at Utd you'd probably be calling him world class
mwg

26th Feb 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we signed him I would definitely not be upset. No doubt he would improve us on the left wing. If there is an ounce of truth in the Ronaldo thing I actually think he would be better value than getting Bale. Bale could end up costing £45-50m... Much rather Ronaldo at £55m!

Like I say if there is any truth in that which there probably isn't.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If hes going to prove anything though he needs to go to a better team, hes not going to prove anythng at spurs

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend thread sponsored by Black managers 23 database queries in 0.0173531 seconds