corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is Corsasport getting quieter?

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is Corsasport getting quieter?
Ronson

User status: Offline
29th Nov 13 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes - I like you a lot.

Andrew - I agree with what you say, the site needs to get up to date BUT that might put some of the old skool lot off!

Hope your Corsa runs well, what is the spex?
Ian W

30th Nov 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Site used to be booming. I've made quite a few good friends over the years.

Admit i had a lot more time when at college and uni.

The whole site is probably due a refresh - not much has changed over the 10 years i have been here - i.e. needs to work with phones and tablets.

I have recently created an account on Corsa-C but it will never be CS

My Corsa is coming out the shed soon hopefully and i want to get it out to play.

I disagree that the site needs work, that's what makes CS great, simple and fast layout and no ads.

John

30th Nov 13 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Site doesn't need to get up to date, has always been and still is the fastest forum I've been on. Worked fine on phones back in the Nokia days, works amazingly on them now.
Baskey

30th Nov 13 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to Nic Barnes, his project thread used to be awsome. Now he just spams shit, what's going on Barnes ?

[Edited on 30-11-2013 by Baskey]
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 01:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He stopped posting as much relevent stuff as his threads constantly get ruined by a certain number of people.

The site is bound to get quieter, people are growing up and moving on. The car scene isnt what it used to be years ago and kids these days with their new Corsas aren't interested in the same level of modification. This site has never been about Corsas for me, I signed up as I liked the other content. Although I do like Corsas.

CS is about much more nowadays, if you took away the Corsa element people would still be here for the other content.
Baskey

30th Nov 13 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Site doesn't need to get up to date, has always been and still is the fastest forum I've been on. Worked fine on phones back in the Nokia days, works amazingly on them now.

Agreed, god knows what software Ian runs but it's quick with little lag and runs perfectly on iPhones and android . The speed is the sites usp
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 01:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
Nic Barnes - I like you a lot.

Andrew - I agree with what you say, the site needs to get up to date BUT that might put some of the old skool lot off!

Hope your Corsa runs well, what is the spex?

1.3 oil burner track car
Baskey

30th Nov 13 at 02:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
He stopped posting as much relevent stuff as his threads constantly get ruined by a certain number of people.

The site is bound to get quieter, people are growing up and moving on. The car scene isnt what it used to be years ago and kids these days with their new Corsas aren't interested in the same level of modification. This site has never been about Corsas for me, I signed up as I liked the other content. Although I do like Corsas.

CS is about much more nowadays, if you took away the Corsa element people would still be here for the other content.

o yea site has much better content that just corsas, im still a fan of them but i bought my 1.6 sport 11 years ago now (when i was 19) and sold it 9 years ago, still check the site daily though
Andrew

30th Nov 13 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Technology has moved on John. Faster internet, better hardware and so on. Back in the day when I was viewing the website on a P4 with 512RAM and 2MB ADSL connection CS was the best site out there speed wise.

GB123
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely it still is then?
3CorsaMeal

30th Nov 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic stopped posting his project because people saw bigrons build was better and less scrapheap challenge.

Imo
Ian W

30th Nov 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:

Technology has moved on John. Faster internet, better hardware and so on. Back in the day when I was viewing the website on a P4 with 512RAM and 2MB ADSL connection CS was the best site out there speed wise.

Can't see your argument there?

It still is the fastest forum I have used, plus it's design keeps it unique.
Nic Barnes

30th Nov 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
What happened to Nic Barnes, his project thread used to be awsome. Now he just spams shit, what's going on Barnes ?

[Edited on 30-11-2013 by Baskey]
got tired of comments about it being "just a corsa" so thought I would try and ruin other peoples threads like they did mine. Fair is fair and all that.
Nic Barnes

30th Nov 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Nic stopped posting his project because people saw bigrons build was better and less scrapheap challenge.

Imo
I made stuff and built stuff myself. If you have a problem with people having a go themselves then fair enough. I however think its great when people build instead of spending.

[Edited on 30-11-2013 by Nic Barnes]
Kevxx

30th Nov 13 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf it is pretty shit now compared to about 3-4 years ago.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 13 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know people were saying in 2001 that it was shit compared to 1997.
Aaron02

30th Nov 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be interesting to see the stats of how many logins happen per 24 hours, how many threads are created, and how many replies are submitted.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 13 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still not doing any graphs, they will show a downward trend and I don't want to see it on paper

We know literacy has improved though

[Edited on 30-11-2013 by Ian]
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant news
Ben G

30th Nov 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the bit where mate dips and m8 rises
Nic Barnes

30th Nov 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder why most the users that show their cars at the shows aren't among the big posters or keeping the site busy alone?
ShEp

30th Nov 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I like the bit where mate dips and m8 rises

steve was bored that year.
Marc

30th Nov 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't come on here for the Corsa stuff (sorry but I don't!) I owned a Corsa for a year and the site was very useful. I bought a different car a year later and stuck around because there were always threads about other cars and Off Day was full of interesting, if at times ridiculous threads. Now we have the sub forums including Projects, Sports, House and Geek Days. Forum is probably better than ever, just a little quiet at times as quite a few of the older members no longer post. Still, its nice to sometimes see a nice looking Corsa B Sport/GSi etc.
Ojc

30th Nov 13 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone fancy a kiss
Marc

30th Nov 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it contagious?

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Is Corsasport getting quieter? 22 database queries in 0.0161822 seconds