corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa is up for sale...(Scooby purchased and collected)

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa is up for sale...(Scooby purchased and collected)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jul 14 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I bought one 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Provided it's a solid example with decent history / maintenance then should be a brilliant car.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/ellisduncan20/DSCF0292.jpg

I forgot to reply to you Ellis

how much did you want for yours? mileage? service history?

I've decided not to sell I'm afraid. Purchase of replacement car fell through at last minute.

I get tired of the chat on soft bottom ends etc etc. A lot can be said for careful maintenance i.e. regular checks of MAF, oil changes and best of all, mechanical sympathy.

There are examples out there with 100k on the original engine. Overall, relatively simple mechanicals and many newage parts are direct replacements (newage Brembo's on mine for example).

Willing to offer buying advice if required.

[Edited on 21-07-2014 by Ellis]

Cool thanks Ellis, will keep it in mind, not saying your engine is shot to pieces, im just going on the majority of what I found after a quick google search

would you say though that P1 engines don't take well to being modified from what you've read about on the forums? say for example if I wanted to up the bhp to the 350 mark I would have to forge everything before even thinking about it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jul 14 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brothers went bang but was ok when he upgaded to a 2.2
BarnshaW

21st Jul 14 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strange upgrade that mark? why did he go for a 2.2 engine? they are rare and nowadays almost certainly only purchased to use for a 2.35 build.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jul 14 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no idea,

it was probably recomended to him
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Jul 14 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What luck! a 60k blob with the PPP package 03 plate and it's literally on my door step! I'm not joking 6mins drive from my door, going to see tomorrow

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-Type-UK-Prodrive/151360493633?_trksid=p2050601.c100103.m2451&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211150826%26meid%3D8478778198218304179%26pid%3D100103%26prg%3D20140211150826%26rkt%3D4%26clkid%3D8479034393595746908&_qi=RTM1790008
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Jul 14 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here you go Brett

Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will take a look at that if it's still about weekend
Simon_16v

22nd Jul 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the same model/variant as Kyles
BarnshaW

22nd Jul 14 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when they say "good service history" on that steveo I would double check it all, i assume by that they mean it does not have full service history? if so I would be walking away personally, would need to be alot cheaper if it does not have full history.
Ellis

22nd Jul 14 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@SteveoBC, engines take perfectly well to tuning. I have achieved just over 351bhp engine power with safe AFR's on standard fit turbo. There is a tendency for people to fit modified parts and forget adjusting the map which is all too often catastrophic.

I would agree with you though, it is a risk when buying a P1. Much safer bet buying a newage Blobeye for example. You can get a lot of car for your money these days.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
when they say "good service history" on that steveo I would double check it all, i assume by that they mean it does not have full service history? if so I would be walking away personally, would need to be alot cheaper if it does not have full history.

yeah I did see that, but this is why im going round to have a look through all the paperwork and see whats what
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When people say shit like

quote:
the only reason for sale is it is not being used and seems a waste to let it sit there not being used week to week.

that's basically a load of shit, there will be a reason for sale, could well be that he just needs the cash, but so come across as though the only reason hes selling is because he cares about how much it gets used is bullshit
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
When people say shit like

quote:
the only reason for sale is it is not being used and seems a waste to let it sit there not being used week to week.

that's basically a load of shit, there will be a reason for sale, could well be that he just needs the cash, but so come across as though the only reason hes selling is because he cares about how much it gets used is bullshit

he could be selling it because it ran over his nan for all I care, its got the bits I want on it, in the colour I want, for a mileage im happy with, if all the paperwork backs it up and the price is right then i'll take it, simple as
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah not saying you should be put off by that comment, just annoys me when people say shit like that lol
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Jul 14 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would have been the perfect excuse for you selling your Puma then.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope I just wanted the cash and room
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Jul 14 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it need to be an STi??

Couple up this way under budget.....

Standard WRX blob eye, throw the change at it....

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/subaru-impreza-wrx-turbo-uk-300-blue-2003-20-full-service-history/1074203511#photo-content

WRX Hawkeye.....
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/subaru-impreza-25-wrx-turbo-uk-type-2006-sti-spoiler-17-gold-alloy-wheels/1074157308#photo-content

[Edited on 22-07-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Does it need to be an STi??

Couple up this way under budget.....

Standard WRX blob eye, throw the change at it....

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/subaru-impreza-wrx-turbo-uk-300-blue-2003-20-full-service-history/1074203511#photo-content

WRX Hawkeye.....
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/subaru-impreza-25-wrx-turbo-uk-type-2006-sti-spoiler-17-gold-alloy-wheels/1074157308#photo-content

[Edited on 22-07-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]

thanks for trying but these are not for me, the one im looking at tonight ticks all my boxes and is 2mins from my door

WRX- only a 5speed, much lower hp than the prodrive sti im looking at tonight and rubbish squashed spoiler

hawkeye -2.5 engines unless fully forged at really bad for engine failures (seen a whole thread dedicated to it on scoobynet) plus its silver and I don't like those wheels
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Agreed, WRXs aren't worth the price when you'd end up spending the same you could've on an STI only to make it a pretend one. Gotta have the brembos, high level spoiler, skits, interior, engine bits, etc, etc.

Yep!

if I got an WRX....id only be wishing id got the Sti version afterwards, all the hardwork in terms of mods are already done
Chris x

22nd Jul 14 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-BLUE-/301247609216?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4623c1b980
Ellis

22nd Jul 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avoid WRX, you will be disappointed with the performance.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deposit put down, done a deal and hopefully pick up tomorrow soon as I get the insurance sorted out, all the service history matches up, pulls like a train, bought it

Only downer is there is no radio, sold the alpine head unit to a friend but that helped me knock him on the price

[Edited on 22-07-2014 by SteveoBC]

[Edited on 22-07-2014 by SteveoBC]
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Congrats

cheers Brett

Just need to get you one now, well chuffed I got one for 20k miles less than what's out there for similar money with a PPP pack
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jul 14 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much? £7?

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa is up for sale...(Scooby purchased and collected) 22 database queries in 0.0178640 seconds