corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra

New Poll
  <<  87    88    89    90    91    92    93  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 turbo and mk4 astra
steviet

User status: Offline
21st Aug 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovin that sticker bud whair did you get them from?
Nic Barnes

21st Aug 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worlds finest ebay
Nic Barnes

22nd Aug 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bugger. had hoped heat wrap might have arrived in time for this weekend give me something to do. alas it hasnt. although the metal strap things have.

such an awesome update i know.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust wrap arrived yesterday so thats a job for saturday atleast. changed the rocker cover last night as the green one was starting to bubble the paint and when i was trying to clean it, it was cracking off. worst picture ever.....

its red now, honest. will take a better picture later maybe. then as it was getting dark while at the rolling road, someone lit a fire. it just appeared so i tried to take a picture.

im not that good with the n95 camera phone tbh. while at the rolling road was looking at a kit car that was getting some adjustments made.

was making just over 300bhp and about 290lb/ft. lethal indeed.

thanks.
matthew172

25th Aug 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kit car is nice, so is the heatwrap, like u say it will be a nice job for the weekend with cups of tea obviously lol
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have to fetch some cups and some milk down to jdm i guess. i left a kettle there from the other week when made the homebrew clutch.

got couple jobs to do on weekend. re-wire pas pump to a switch so i dont have to remove the fuse. do the heat wrap on downpipe and bit of boost pipe. fit the proper emerald water temp sensor. check the map and fuelling see if we can increase the revs up a bit also.

be a grand saturday no doubts.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better crap pics of red rocker. unsure tbh. i liked the green.

its a working engine bay and car hence its not shiney and amazingly clean under there..........................
Jamie_Hastings1

25th Aug 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Air-Charge-Temperature-Gauge-for-Vauxhall-Turbo-c20let_W0QQitemZ390085334992QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad2e5d7d0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Would that not help you nic? And is it a simple swap over to change to the inlet like yours compared to standard? Been thinking of something like yours that guy over on MIG makes up.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is basically a throttle body set up like an xe would have with a plenum over some small trumpets. very easy to do. the ones rick makes are a lot cheaper to buy than what i have and seem to work well from what ive heard.
Jamie_Hastings1

25th Aug 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So definately worth doing? You got a spec list of yours or is it Top Secret?
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well id only do it if you were planning major engine mods. otherwise i wouldnt bother. the std inlet can make good power really.

nothing secret about mine no. its just steel rods, low comp pistons, oil squirters, head work, big fuck off turbo, throttle bodies with a plenum over it and a programmeable ecu basically. there is nothing actually amazing about any of it tbh.
matthew172

25th Aug 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

green rocker deffo ftw ken, wonder if draper has painted his red yet?

[Edited on 25-08-2009 by matthew172]
pagey

26th Aug 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signal green FTW! kentec ! That kit car looks awesome, nic do you remember that grey gsi turbo with the no. platye URN that was on here? I remember reading somethin in his project thread about havin a bigger turbo, puttin heat wrap on it and it gettin to hot and smokin, it might have been someone elses, but im sure it was his, dont know why it would have caused this but he took it off in the end and it was fine, just a thought anyway, what is/was in that building where that fire is taking place?
alanvtec

26th Aug 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep it green me old dinner plate..

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by alanvtec]

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by alanvtec]
Graham88

27th Aug 09 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it back to green
Nic Barnes

27th Aug 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pagey
Signal green FTW! kentec ! That kit car looks awesome, nic do you remember that grey gsi turbo with the no. platye URN that was on here? I remember reading somethin in his project thread about havin a bigger turbo, puttin heat wrap on it and it gettin to hot and smokin, it might have been someone elses, but im sure it was his, dont know why it would have caused this but he took it off in the end and it was fine, just a thought anyway, what is/was in that building where that fire is taking place?

im not wrapping the burto, just the downpipe and bit of boost pipe. cant say i remember what you mean actually?

building is diss-used. part of the airfield buildings. be a tower of some sort used in the wars perhaps. no idea actually.
Nic Barnes

27th Aug 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Get it back to green

it maybe going a mosaic pattern with different colours and small shapes on it yet. or might just shot blast it saturday and paint it green again. i dunno. not really bothered. almost fancy a boring mat black one.
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 09 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so saturdays antics were very boring tbh.

leigh from my work cant paint a wall for shit. me and the wholesale fella then painted the rest of the walls. looks a lot better. awful colour. then went down to jdm for a bit of saturday messing about.

there was a delightful mk1 golf with a 16v, think its the 1.8 unsure on vag stuff with jenvey tb's. lovely looking car. just needs finishing off. then adam with the white sierra, rover k series thats supercharged was showing his new bits for the car.

t304e turbine off ebay

38mil external wastegate off ebay

some manifold he had that is awaiting a t3 flange

and his new cossie intercooler. so the 1800 k series bike throttle boddied supercharged sierra will soon be a 1800k series bike throttle boddied supercharged turbocharged sierra. quality.

then messed on with boring stuff for the corsa.

remove one downpipe

heatwrap one downpipe

re-fit thy heatwrapped downpipe

heat wrap part of one boost pipe

re-fit one boost pipe

position some flexible ducting stuff towards the air filter

remove a fog light as i never plug them in anyway

so duct runs from thus area previously occupied by fog light

find some random rubber thing from a v6 cosworth engine to fill the hole for now. when you proper rev the car can actually fell it drawing air up from the front of the car. may help a bit perhaps. probably not.

cant tell but i did actually autosol the boost pipes and header tank etc to give them a bit more show and shine.

looks random that rubber thing instead of a fog light. left old fog light with mr jdm as he is going to make a fibreglass mould (is that the correct spelling? ) of it to make it look a bit nicer. grand job. then left car warming up to burn the heat wrap and get some of the smell away then once it was made couple of flames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0hlcSv_oeA

shame the phone doesnt pick up the limiter properly as it more sounds like a shotgun. oh well. what a chav thing to do.

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by Nic Barnes]
sand-eel

30th Aug 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like an old arcade shooting noise when it flames.
sand-eel

30th Aug 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it used to flame like that, or is it the exhaust wrap that does the job?
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno, never really rev'd it off limiter with it sat still before.

oh and on another note, when the heat wrap started smoking like it does, i can safely say the raised bonnet works well. was pouring out the gap.
Ben-B

30th Aug 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sierras gonna be nutts

good job on the rocker cover but i think the green looked best good project keep it up.
Oli_p

30th Aug 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any idea where he got the turbo and wastegate off on ebay, cant seem to see them anywhere?? found a few but i see people getting the turbo's etc for £180 mark, where as ones i see are closer to £280 etc.
Nic Barnes

30th Aug 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wastegate comes up under a search for external wastegate. it was approx 70 quid. turbo i think was about 150-180. dont really know where turbo was from though apart from ebay somewhere.
Oli_p

30th Aug 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill take a quick look then cheers nic . just wanting abit of cheap fun for the car

<<  87    88    89    90    91    92    93  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra 23 database queries in 0.0352862 seconds