corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  89    90    91    92    93    94    95  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Oct 11 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine arrived this morning, although it's going to be a month or so until I buy the final parts for my rig, too much going on in the next few months to spend £500 on the last few bits. Been watching live streams though so I'm not all that fussed. Told you you'd like it Paul, it takes some getting used to if you're not used to it but give it time.
Paul_J

27th Oct 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

select button 'spots' enemy... big big difference there. I was running around not able to see anything.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul u made me laugh.

I really think gaming is far too casual nowadays, gone have the hardcore elements in games which take skill to be good at, and not just lightening fast reaction times..

Id love to be able to play raven shield again online again

I think gaming in general is lost on me now
Paul_J

27th Oct 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you talking about chris. BF3 is all going to be about skill.
mwg

27th Oct 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bee.com not sent my order as my card was changed a couple of months ago so they couldn't take the money from my account. They haven't emailed me to let me know though. I only found out cos I've just been on their site to see where my order was up to.

Wankers. Not sure what to do now :S

[Edited on 27-10-2011 by mwg]
mwg

27th Oct 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and they are out of stock now too so no point in me completing the order with them.

Are Asda, Tesco etc. selling it cheap on release does anyone know?
3CorsaMeal

27th Oct 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bored of the one player, really slow moving, just did the jet plane bit, pretty crap.

will try multiplayer again, wasn't working earlier
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, i dont mean to sound out of place here but unless you have grown up playing fps games in a competetive enviroment ie clanbase.com where you play the worlds best players then you wont really know what i mean when i say skill. I dont mean that in a bad way at all, im not trying to blow my own trumpet here but when you constantly get kicked from servers on the pc because your apparently cheating thats when you know. When i got cod mw on the ps3 i applied my pc fps tactics to the console game and i was always at the top of every leader board by a long margin.

Public servers are a joke, they are full of people who just play casually and there is nothing wrong with that, but for some of us its purely target practise, you need to play a league game to really see what skill is.

Im sure danny will understand what im badly trying to say.

An example paul is the stcc vs a public on gt5.
Ojc

27th Oct 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a copy coming for Playstation, gonna go get it for Xbox though so me and Jim can be mates.
A1EX

27th Oct 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my copy with extra dlc, cant play til monday though
BarnshaW

27th Oct 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris could you really be anymore up your own ass its cringing
Paul_J

27th Oct 11 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
chris could you really be anymore up your own ass its cringing

Chris I used to play FPS' loads when I was younger, from say 13-18 I was on them all the time, clans, leagues, etc. Got really good, was top of most servers etc

I stopped playing them because I went to uni, then my pc got too old, then consoles became king and I just didn't enjoy using a pad like I did using a mouse, so purposely ignored FPS genre for a while.

My point is, it is still a skill game - from a control point of view, to a knowing the map, tactics, knowing how to play, how to work as a team etc etc. Out of all the FPS'ers I've played in recent times BF3 feels the most back to its roots - e.g. you can't even see the enemy most of the time until you spot them. It's going to be fun getting good at this.

DannyB
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MWG order off GAME and it'll be at your door on Saturday morning.

I know what Chris is trying to say, online FPS has changed so much, I'm no pro player, far from it, but I used to play in leagues and comps on UO on the PC 4 or 5 years ago and the skill needed was unreal. The mod running on the servers took everything to the bare bones for best FPS, even the map fog was removed ffs we used to play rifles only. This is what it was like;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCDBqIhS1c

There's nothing like that these days, although to play at a high level of todays game you need skill yes but it's completely different.

This is the exact reason I find a good clan and stick with their servers only, find good players and reputable servers and you'll never have more fun.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is mate.... Its true

When i played competetivly on clanbase my clan if you like was fighting for the no1 spot.. Which basically meant that we was one of the best clans in the world. This was about 12 years ago but you have to remember gaming on fps was my life its all we did every day we would spend thousands of hours playing perfecting twitch (for those who dont know what twitch is its basically like a human aimbot, you wee an enemy twitch your mouse and youve killed them, so basically we could react so fast it was see them and they are dead.

Games now have sooooo many effects that it makes this high level competative play harder. On cod2 players were turning every effect off having blurry textures, turning every effect off like dust blowing across the screen etc just so they were not having a disadvantage.

We won £100's of hardware for pc's just by being good.

I dont really care if you think im so far up my own ass, fact of the matter was we were really that good. I mean i i can jump on a console with a pad and still be top of just about every game i played on mw1 it must mean something no? I seem to remember rounds we all played together and people getting fucked off with me then... Although tom and the fucking semtex did my noggin in.
BarnshaW

27th Oct 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one was getting fucked off with you, you were no better then the best of us on MW2 and you often left from games when it didnt go your way
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny gets what i mean.

Yes skill is still needed just like you say paul, i completley agree but nothing like the kind of skill you used to need.. It was a completley different league of skill which was required.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
no one was getting fucked off with you, you were no better then the best of us on MW2 and you often left from games when it didnt go your way

One thing i never do is leave game, if i get d/c'd thats different.

DannyB
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, It's all about fun now and I think BF3 is going to provide years of fun. It's going to be good to see what DLC they provide down the line.
Ojc

27th Oct 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really sound like an absolute anus.

I used to play Delta Force, I rocked on that.
JonnyJ

27th Oct 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Thing is mate.... Its true

This was about 12 years ago but you have to remember gaming on fps was my life its all we did every day we would spend thousands of hours playing perfecting twitch (for those who dont know what twitch is its basically like a human aimbot, you wee an enemy twitch your mouse and youve killed them, so basically we could react so fast it was see them and they are dead.

All i can picture is this when i read that

chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive no doubt it will be somewhat fun for a bit but running around kicking the ass out of public server players gets boring very quick.. I just dont find it fun unless i come across a person on the other team who is just as good..

chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was about 13 at the time.. I dont do it anymore ffs..

Some of you guys just wont understand what it was like.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You really sound like an absolute anus.

I used to play Delta Force, I rocked on that.

At least i only sound like one..
Paul_J

27th Oct 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Danny gets what i mean.

Yes skill is still needed just like you say paul, i completley agree but nothing like the kind of skill you used to need.. It was a completley different league of skill which was required.

I think it's due to the bias towards consoles / game pads though.

When you all use mice, it's like the equiv of everyone on a racing game using a wheel... it becomes a skill only game.

When everyone uses a pad, it gets dumbed down slightly. That said, there are now people who are really skilful with a pad, probably just as good as some players are with a mouse - which is where its like My point is, there'll still be people who are awesome and some who suck and I agree on public servers someone as elite as you probably won't get a challenge.

P.S. Danny that vid with the rifles, that's fucking crazy, it was like he was using an aim bot.
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just watched that vid danny posted and it shows what i was trying to put across, what he was doing is twitch shooting which i mentioned earlier on.

when we used to play medal of honour there was no iron sights and we removed the crosshairs and still were able to twitch shoot to the same degree of accuracy.

i see your point regarding the wheel/pad etc, but with a mouse vs a pad they will never ever be in the same league, expectially when you get mice which have a 6400dpi setting.

<<  89    90    91    92    93    94    95  >>

New Poll