corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Riots in London..

New Poll
  <<  89    90    91    92    93    94    95  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Riots in London..
Fad

User status: Offline
10th Aug 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the exact point Coppers cant win which ever way they go. Too hard in and public dont condone it. Go in too weak then you are condemed.

There has to be a balance to maintain public confidence so it doesnt spark off counter reactions.

Not hard to understand is it Steve

[Edited on 10-08-2011 by Fad]
Fad

10th Aug 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you smoke Paul?
Neil

10th Aug 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone emailed that bloke selling the 40 iphones on craigslist:

Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting angry here so im not going to type anymore otherwise i might end up taking this up in the real world with someone away from the internet
gtitim

10th Aug 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you will find it's not that the officers on the ground are not doing anything, its a very difficult situation to police. We are bound by guidelines - use of force etc etc - ultimately we can end up on murder / manslaughter charges if we baton someone and they die - now bear that in mind - we dont get carte blanch to go round leathering people - everything you do you have to be prepared to standin in front of a Crown Court judge and justify. I do the job to protect the public. If its the hcoice between someone nicking a a few TVs or me or my colleagues getting hurt because we are outnumbered, then they can have the TVs. I go to work to come home safe and uninjured to my children. I will not put myself in a situation whereby I risk serious injury when the alternative is a burglary.
At the same time, I will not stand there and let it happen. Officers on the ground are working in pretty crap conditions - my colleagues went to London on monday at 1hr notice - they are still there, living out of a holdall - away from family etc, and dont know when they will be able to get home - maybe not until the weekend or beyond. But they are still out there, and facing everything thrown at them. The nes cameras cant see everything that goes on, or know the problems the Police face in dealing with the rioters
nathy_87

10th Aug 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might aswell leave it up to the footy fans & EDL then.
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, tim - it doesn't look like they're having much thrown at them at all in London - he'd be better off returning home.
3CorsaMeal

10th Aug 11 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone who works in public sector is more worried about their wage/pension/holidays than their job
Eddx14xe

10th Aug 11 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely its the polices job to stand inbetween danger and an innocent person. Whether they get hurt or not.
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
I do the job to protect the public. If its the hcoice between someone nicking a a few TVs or me or my colleagues getting hurt because we are outnumbered, then they can have the TVs. I go to work to come home safe and uninjured to my children. I will not put myself in a situation whereby I risk serious injury when the alternative is a burglary.

Not to be funny, but I think that is your job. That is what you are paid to do - uphold the law. The fact that it was more than just burglary and people's homes and businesses being burnt - who knows what that may have led to... potential deaths.

I feel it was the police's light touch initially when people originally started looting, which has caused this wide spread looting fest. They realised that people can do anything en mass, as police officers such as yourself have the stand point that you'd not intervene if there was any risk of danger to yourself.

I wonder what you think of this Turkish police man Tim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbEu7bkLAQ&feature=player_embedded

1 man vs hordes of people.

I can't help feeling if you refuse to up hold the law - then you shouldn't be paid. You're not getting paid to stand around and do nothing.
Dave

10th Aug 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't help but think that's a pretty poor opinion for a serving officer. It's your duty to uphold the law and protect the public, if you are not willing to do this you are in the wrong job.

Also I lived out of a holdall for years, away from family all week, every week. Difference being I didn't get anything like the perks a police officer gets to go with it.
Eddx14xe

10th Aug 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its also not just a few tv's from a shop. This is old ladies being mugged, peoples homes being set on fire and being attacked if you get in their way.

If you seriously feel that you shouldnt get in the way incase you get hurt, no wonder its going on.

Theres 18yr olds being shot and blow up in iraq etc.and your scared of a 14yr old with a stick?
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
I can't help but think that's a pretty poor opinion for a serving officer. It's your duty to uphold the law and protect the public, if you are not willing to do this you are in the wrong job.

Exactly. It is part of the job, part of the risks and the reason they get paid.

What tim is suggesting, is like paying a soldier to get trained for war, fly them out to Afghanistan and then have all the soldiers hide in the barracks as they may get hurt doing their job (and still expecting pay).
Lynny

10th Aug 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if it's on the news yet but it's started in the north east cop injured and patrol car set alight in Washington.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbEu7bkLAQ&feature=player_embedded

Now thats the fear out police need to have felt for them. They all ran cos they knew theres a chance they could get a damn good hiding!
Gary
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
Not sure if it's on the news yet but it's started in the north east cop injured and patrol car set alight in Washington.

Seems to have completely missed Yorkshire

Prob cos everyone is at home watching Jeremy Kyle and not the news.
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly feel half the reason it's calmed down in london, is not because of the increase in police numbers - but because of the rise of vigilante groups who won't take any prisoners.

16,000 police officers up from 6000 just meant there would be another 10,000 people standing and watching things happen.
Robbo

10th Aug 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
This is the exact point Coppers cant win which ever way they go. Too hard in and public dont condone it. Go in too weak then you are condemed.

There has to be a balance to maintain public confidence so it doesnt spark off counter reactions.

Eddx14xe

10th Aug 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I honestly feel half the reason it's calmed down in london, is not because of the increase in police numbers - but because of the rise of vigilante groups who won't take any prisoners.

16,000 police officers up from 6000 just meant there would be another 10,000 people standing and watching things happen.

Aslong as they dont get hurt mate, thats all that matters
Gary
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be amusing if they try it round here.

We havea lot of young wankers, same as london, but we also have a lot of old skool hard nuts who now have kids etc and wont take any shit.
Robbo

10th Aug 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14474429

Cant help thinking this wouldnt solve anything but still kinda all for it
Laney

10th Aug 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not to be funny, but I think that is your job. That is what you are paid to do - uphold the law. The fact that it was more than just burglary and people's homes and businesses being burnt - who knows what that may have led to... potential deaths.

I feel it was the police's light touch initially when people originally started looting, which has caused this wide spread looting fest. They realised that people can do anything en mass, as police officers such as yourself have the stand point that you'd not intervene if there was any risk of danger to yourself.

I wonder what you think of this Turkish police man Tim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbEu7bkLAQ&feature=player_embedded

I can't help feeling if you refuse to up hold the law - then you shouldn't be paid. You're not getting paid to stand around and do nothing.

Not being funny but this is bullshit. Enjoy your desk job while these guys go out and deal with this shit.
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
quote:

Aslong as they dont get hurt mate, thats all that matters

You do realise they'll be getting some form of overtime pay to have been drawn into london. It's costing us a fortune for them to stand there and do nothing, they'd be better off in their home towns. Let the Vigilante groups handle it... continue with Cameron's plan of 2000 jobs cut in london's police force.
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
Not being funny but this is bullshit. Enjoy your desk job while these guys go out and deal with this shit.

It's not my job to deal with this shit, it is their job. This is why I chose this career, so I don't have to do that or fight wars in Afghanistan.

What really winds me up is that most of the police presence last night in London were used infact to 'box in' the vigilante groups...

So looters / arsonists / robbers / muggers - police stand and watch.

British people come together to take a stand against the criminals and police instantly jump in and stop them (this actually happened last night btw, the Police were holding people at Millwall and Enfield).
Robbo

10th Aug 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While the looters had cleared out the stock of Currys, Claire's Accessories and Phones4U, nearby Waterstone's had been left "without a scratch", she says.

SHoudl have picked up a copy of alan sugars book and see you dont have to come form a well off family or be that smaet to make money

<<  89    90    91    92    93    94    95  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Riots in London.. 22 database queries in 0.0354800 seconds