corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra

New Poll
  <<  90    91    92    93    94    95    96  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 turbo and mk4 astra
dan-sport

User status: Offline
13th Sep 09 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my uncle does wheels ect and he has repaired far worse then that and they have all been perfectly find afterwards.

just think if that was a speedline would of probs snapped
Chris x

13th Sep 09 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you got it sorted. Did the same to mine going round a corner and went straight into the curb on the other side of the road. Dont no how it didnt snap the alloy, but it bend the tie bar, suspension wish bone snapped the disk where the drive shaft hit it.

When you say the back end went light over a bump, do you not think it was your rear wheels locking? After seeing some of your sharp breaking before the quarter miles the rear wheels look as if they lock.

Had the rear bias valve replaced on my sport when I first got it as the rear wheels would always lock first. It still does it now, ended up square on with the road markings leaving work last week breaking hard. Made my self look like a right twat infront of everybody.

Only noticed it as iv taked my sub out, not sure if its because there is less weight over the rear wheels?

Anyway, thats enough, this is your thread, not mine.

AK

13th Sep 09 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic - It would be a good idea to secure the battery.

Get an alu strip, bend it to shape, and clamp it to through the boot metal.
AK

13th Sep 09 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rears are notorious for locking up and spitting the car sideways on lowered cars that havent had the bias adjusted.

Rip out the standard bias adjuster, and fit an inline tilton type adjuster
chrex

13th Sep 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
the rears are notorious for locking up and spitting the car sideways on lowered cars that havent had the bias adjusted.

Rip out the standard bias adjuster, and fit an inline tilton type adjuster

where can you get these from Adam? are they okay to use with the standard system aswell or does the brake system need playing with?
AK

13th Sep 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brake system?

I cant remember exactly how the std one works.... but its a spring type effort.

What I'd do..... Next time you have to replace the lines, or do anything to the lines....

Run a single brake line through the car, with a bias valve IN LINE (mounted by handbrake ) then T the line at the rear, down to each side flexi's.

Have a look on Demon Tweeks for Brake Bias Adjusters. You can prob pick one up EBAY pretty cheap too.

That was you can alter the setup to the rear... if you want it arse out dangerous you can etc.
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
brake system?

I cant remember exactly how the std one works.... but its a spring type effort.

What I'd do..... Next time you have to replace the lines, or do anything to the lines....

Run a single brake line through the car, with a bias valve IN LINE (mounted by handbrake ) then T the line at the rear, down to each side flexi's.

Have a look on Demon Tweeks for Brake Bias Adjusters. You can prob pick one up EBAY pretty cheap too.

That was you can alter the setup to the rear... if you want it arse out dangerous you can etc.

pretty much what going to do. i wasnt braking when the back end went light though. id let off the brakes, then went over the rise in the road. i cant exactly say how fast i was going, but i hit that curb fast enough with enough force that im very suprised the car didnt roll.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to read about the crash but at least you are ok mate and good work on the quick fix.
Rick Draper

13th Sep 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have been worse ken, could have been far worse.

I have a wilwood bias adjuster in my car.
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another though with the back end being quite high, this will make it fair light aswell. so maybe put lowering springs back in for day to day use, then swap over when taking it to drag strips........

wish i still had coilovers all round.
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comp's are fair pricey wheels to buy new.

will have to save up but not sure which to go with

http://www.performancealloys.com/details.asp?procedure=wheel&id_wheels='MO Competition 6 Spoke'&id_wheels_manufacturers='Compomotive'&id_wheels_sizes='15x6'&price='142'&permission=566060498

http://www.performancealloys.com/details.asp?procedure=wheel&id_wheels='MO Competition - White'&id_wheels_manufacturers='Compomotive'&id_wheels_sizes='15x6'&price='144'&permission=566060498

suppose 5 spoke would be better to match the 2 ones ive got now though. i will be getting a set of 4 so ive got 4 with regualr tyres then 4 with the ao48r's on.

if anyone knows of any in 15" for sale let me ken. have u2u'd archie already to see if he is still selling his.
chrex

14th Sep 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd defo recommend the PR3's nic.

i know its not too much use...but this is my 15" one over the 2.0 brake setup...theres loads of room!!

Rick Draper

14th Sep 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122661&highlight=compomotive
Trip road ken...
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 351 mile road trip? i will wait draper

cheers chrex. im trying to get my work to order a set in so i can try them over the brakes. should be able to send them back and that just trying to convince the manager type bloke.
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh in other news. vauxhall dont list the l piece of sideskirt as a service part or whatever it was that they said. its no longer available and a request would have to be put out incase any garages have any of them. which means id have to pay full whack up front for an item that may never arrive. which is a bit crap.

so if anyone has a passenger side L shape bit of side skirt and jacking point cover please let me know. thanks.
Rich H

15th Sep 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you're ok mate, can't believe how quickly you've got it all sorted again though! Impressed!
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its lucky thats it only damaged stuff thats bolted on. i mean im having the car checked on a jig on the weekend at a mates work just to make sure. but im confident that the shell is fine. although strangely im very tempted to scrap it alltogether. i cant think of a reason in favour of keeping the car thats good enough to me personally anyway.

crail this sunday. some drag strip arse kicking might make me change my mind though.
john_c20xe

15th Sep 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may have one actually i will check what side it is
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know if you have. passenger side is the one im after. thanks.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 09 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
a 351 mile road trip? i will wait draper

cheers chrex. im trying to get my work to order a set in so i can try them over the brakes. should be able to send them back and that just trying to convince the manager type bloke.

What sort of price can you get the wheels for? If so I might actually have them off you if they don't fit
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if they dont fit i can send them back as i work at a wheel and tyre place so just return them to team dynamics. unless the price i can get them for is good enough for you but i will ask in the morning
matthew172

15th Sep 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad luck with the slight happening mate, glad u have got it sorted quickly. i doubt it will be bent but worth checking to make sure eh
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 09 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a problem laddie!

A disaster though, I cannot for the life of me find a proper Irn Bru bar We have irn bru flavoured ones, but they're not created by Barrs (company that makes it). It tastes the same however, but the theatre isn't there.
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you still have a few days eck......................

even though it looks a shed with different back wheels, and a missing bit of sideskirt. im actually treating it to its first ever polish in the 4 and a half years ive owned it. thats how annoyed i am at crashing it. its getting some detailing.........

if it is twisted and bent matthew, its mk3 astra gsi or corsa c time i think.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 09 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll go on a hunt on Saturday then If not, I'll make Irn Bru wrappers out of gless cheques.

<<  90    91    92    93    94    95    96  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra 23 database queries in 0.0356929 seconds