corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  93    94    95    96    97    98    99  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Ben G

User status: Offline
16th Jun 14 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Lee
Ben G

28th Jun 14 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to a small meet last Sunday. The z4m roadster and coupe were lovely. Sounded nice too.

Also bought yet another wind deflector as I made a hole in the fabric of the one I bought before

Currently debating on whether to trade it in for a new focus st depending on what deal i can get on the facelift model, but for now it's staying.
BeetleGav

28th Jun 14 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to a focus. No. Just no. It has the wrong engine.
MatthewR

29th Jun 14 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, anymore pics of the headlights on the black one next to yours? They look smart from the side...guessing hes modified them?

Also i like the silver one nearest to us in the last pics grill - with the chrome surround and black slats looks good
Ben G

29th Jun 14 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No other pics i'm afraid. The one you're on about works in the same place as me (different area, same company and estate). Small world.

He basically tinted his indicators and already had the black surrounds. They look great on black cars, not so great on other colours though.

Yeah that silver one is a z4m roadster. Does look good with the black and chrome grilles. Might invest in some if i can get some cheap.
BeetleGav

29th Jun 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I was closer to play with more z4 people. I have none up here!
MatthewR

29th Jun 14 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
No other pics i'm afraid. The one you're on about works in the same place as me (different area, same company and estate). Small world.

He basically tinted his indicators and already had the black surrounds. They look great on black cars, not so great on other colours though.

Yeah that silver one is a z4m roadster. Does look good with the black and chrome grilles. Might invest in some if i can get some cheap.

I did wonder about non black Z3's with them headlights - they do suite it well!

Cant you just spray/wrap your slats in black?
Ben G

29th Jun 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z3 You bloody bastard

I could spray mine, but tried that with my last set and they chipped very easily. Wrapping them would be a disaster if i did it
MatthewR

29th Jun 14 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry dude (its was too early on a sunday when i posted)
Way to insult a z4 owner
BeetleGav

29th Jun 14 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you paint yours with? Mine seem fine?
Just drowned mine in layers of plastikote satin black.

Z3
Ben G

29th Jun 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done my previous ones in plastikote too Gav. Must be the roads I commute on, hence having another new windscreen fitted last Sunday and a well stone chipped front bumper.

New Windscreen and proper bosch flatblade wipers are great by the way finally have a clear view ahead, rather than scratches, cracks and chips all over the screen.
BeetleGav

29th Jun 14 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my car is still on it's original screen!
My PIAA wipers still clean like new! Money well spent IMO
Ben G

5th Jul 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooh, big parcel arrived:

Ordered some bits from BMW in the week.

Firstly, some front bumper brackets (£25 each) and some interior door handle covers (£25 each).

A new clear third brake light (i had one previously which cracked, and the red one I have now also has a crack in it). 50 quid for this part.

And lastly, a new wheel arch liner so I can finally fix the huge hole in my current one. £95

Ridiculously overpriced bits of plastic. At least everything will be fixed and looking good now.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jul 14 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've ripped the arch liners on both sides of the 330. Stupid outside temp gauge is mounted to the passenger one and that's been ripped off too with wires dangling so it beeps at me constantly now saying it's 50C outside. Not paying £95
Ben G

5th Jul 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that'd drive me insane!

I had no choice but to buy new, unfortunately. None came up on ebay for months and the brake duct thats missing attaches to the liner. Could see the tyre tread through the front bumper
Ben G

6th Jul 14 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the door pull covers fitted today. Easy job, they just clip on. Drivers side one was loose so everytime I caught my leg on it getting out the car it would fall off. Pretty embarrassing really.

Old ones were in a terrible state:

New ones were the same part number but a different finish. Lucky I bought 2!

All done and fit perfectly.

BeetleGav

6th Jul 14 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooo I like them new ones. I just wrapped mine in carbon. Seem to look ok still tbh.

I've just butchered my rear arch liner with the Dremel. Was sick of it catching so I've cut the outer edge away. Problem solved until I go lower
BeetleGav

6th Jul 14 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You painted your switch surrounds black?
Ben G

6th Jul 14 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I done that last year they had marks on so just coated them with some plastikote satin black.
Ben G

7th Jul 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And finally got the last piece of the puzzle sorted.

As you can see, there was hardly anything left of the wheel arch liner and the brake duct had disappeared completely after something hit my front bumper. To this day, I have no clue what it was. You can also see the bumper hanging down where the bracket had broken. It made an awful noise at motorway speeds!

I've temporarily lost my locking wheel nut so it all had to be done around the wheel, which made it very awkward.

Liner off:

New liner and bumper bracket on:

And I finally have no gaping hole in my front bumper. Instead theres a nice brake duct.

The skid plates appear to be doing their job, as you can see. They'll be repainted soon.

[Edited on 07-07-2014 by Ben G]
Ben G

8th Jul 14 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last piece finally turned up today (lazy ebay sellers, I bought it 2 weeks ago).

I did actually buy a wind deflector to replace my original one that had a hole in, but I put a hole in it whilst messing about which I wasn't very happy about. It's been bugging me ever since as you can see it in the rear view mirror, so got this one in as new condition:

Old one with the tiny holes:

Next job is removing the carbon fibre vinyl on the dash as it's not faired well in the heat and has a few creases. Will get them painted piano black or sterling grey, depending on whats easiest for my mate to do.

I haven't taken a pic of the clear brake light as the car is filthy, but it's the same as I had before:

BeetleGav

8th Jul 14 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to be very careful with the wind deflector. I just leave mine in, can tell it's fragile.

My vinyl is still holding up well, you must have done a bad job haha.
I vote sterling grey. Piano black if it was me would piss me off with the dust and finger prints.
N16K

8th Jul 14 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that garage is tight
Ben G

9th Jul 14 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Have to be very careful with the wind deflector. I just leave mine in, can tell it's fragile.

My vinyl is still holding up well, you must have done a bad job haha.
I vote sterling grey. Piano black if it was me would piss me off with the dust and finger prints.

Yeah I will admit i'm not the best at vinyl. I don't have the patience required

Mate in work has bought a plastidip gun and paint and is going to paint his brand new focus st with it. If it looks good, i'll get him to do the same to the dash trim. If not, i'll get another guy to spray it. I reckon sterling grey would look good, although I do love the finish of piano black.
Ben G

9th Jul 14 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
that garage is tight

It looks tight in the pics, but in reality theres ample room to open the drivers side door and get out easily. I put the padding on the wall so I don't scrape the door.

Hardly ever park it in there tbh.

<<  93    94    95    96    97    98    99  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.0374770 seconds