corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jul 11 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

I'm not being violent, just saying yes, he was NOT good for us, but he is by no means a winger. I've seen a one legged asthmatic move quicker. Not quite sure what you were attempting there Strick? He wasn't good enough, as a winger.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

You do not mate

Wouldnt he have said he is better in the middle and if he was better than the current CM's got his chance? He didn't get a chance and must of been sold because he didnt suit?

[Edited on 06-07-2011 by strick206]

At the time, there were better players in the middle, aye! But I do think he should have been given a chance in the middle. May have made more money on the cunt
mwg

6th Jul 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

Man United have sold plenty of players that have gone on to be good players elsewhere. Just the way it happens sometimes.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Again, we tend to get rid of fucking good players without giving them a chance where they are better suited
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

Ojc

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I find it absolutely hillarious he wasn't good enough for Rangers but now is coveted by most managers in the EPL. Above that as well, the fans slaughtered him. Audibly. Every week.

All you need to know about the type of player you need to be to succeed at Rangers, a thug

If the fans were on his back then not suprised he was shit.
mwg

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm not being violent

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Paul, I will stab you

I was only messing around anyway hence the
chrisritch

6th Jul 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

Glen Johnson has signed a new 'long term' contract
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm not being violent

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Paul, I will stab you

I was only messing around anyway hence the

It's a simple Scottish way of saying I disagree. Like calling him a guid cunt, it's a term of endearment
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Gervinho near enough done deal to Arsenal. Have to see him before I can judge if he's shit!
mwg

6th Jul 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

Chamakh the 2nd
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Chamakh the 2nd

What happened to him? I remember saying his goalscoring record in France whish is a shit league was crap, he had a good start but went rubbish didnt he?

*Goes off to check Gervinho scoring record*
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

59 goals in 203 games in his career...

Chamakh has scored 63 in 259 so it's better than his at least But still unimpressive
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

Chamakh wasn't bought so much for his prolific goalscoring as opposed to the opportunity for him to offer us somehting different, aerial threatd etc., which he definately did. He did great in the first few months becausde he wa sprimarily the figurehead of the team with RVP injured but soon as RVP came back, he didnt get a look in other than substitue appearances as we only play one up front. Is he good enough for Arsenal? Yes I think so, as a squad player but time will tell.

Is Gervinho good enough? No. Am I pissed off at this potential deal? Extremely! We need a world class 2nd striker to support for WHEN RVP IS injured (i.e. at least 1/3 - 1/2 of every season) and this just isnt good enough. Not a greta goalscoring record, 15 this seaosn as Lille dominated league and cup and little before then. Undoubetdly another greedy African with a big ego (chekc out the fkn hair for further proof). Veyr very disappointed if this is the best wenger can do
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

Fuck it. Put £40m in for Aguero, show some fkn balls!
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

15 goals, 10 assists

Creative player as well.

Makes you wonder when they need an out and out striker they havent looked at Sow who scored 25 goals in the same team and is 2 years younger.

Didn't realise Gervinho was 27, makes you wonder if he is really that good having been around for probably 10 years already
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
WENGER OUT

[Edited on 06-07-2011 by Eck]
Terry12

6th Jul 11 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Is Gervinho good enough? No. Am I pissed off at this potential deal? Extremely! We need a world class 2nd striker to support for WHEN RVP IS injured (i.e. at least 1/3 - 1/2 of every season) and this just isnt good enough. Not a greta goalscoring record, 15 this seaosn as Lille dominated league and cup and little before then. Undoubetdly another greedy African with a big ego (chekc out the fkn hair for further proof). Veyr very disappointed if this is the best wenger can do

What 'World class' striker is going to sit on the bench at Arsenal?
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member

Im not saying that, but this is a very uninspiring potential signing at a time when the media are painting a massive crisis at the club. In no way will it improve the side and it stops us from going after someone we really need
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
quote:

well they woudlnt have to for large parts of the season Plus the 4-2-3-1 thing isnt entirtely workign, we need a plan b for 4-4-2 and we dont have that at the mo.

Bergkamp off Henry was the best we've ever seen and we need soemthign like that again IMO
Ojc

6th Jul 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

Wenger thinks he is far too clever for his own good and it's rapidly starting to backfire now.

Ok Clichy is average but another player that didn't want to stick around because he can see whats happening at Arsenal which is not a lot
Terry12

6th Jul 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Im not saying that, but this is a very uninspiring potential signing at a time when the media are painting a massive crisis at the club. In no way will it improve the side and it stops us from going after someone we really need

But you did say that.
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

Then again looking back through Gervinho's career FUCKING LOL
Season Team League Games Goals Yellow Red
2010/2011 LOSC Lille Métropole Ligue 1 35 15 4 1
2009/2010 LOSC Lille Métropole Ligue 1 32 13 4 0
2009/2010 Le Mans FC Ligue 1 0 0 0 0
2008/2009 Le Mans FC Ligue 1 33 7 5 0
2007/2008 Le Mans FC Ligue 1 26 2 0 0

Look at that goalscoring record ..... IN FRANCE
Terry12

6th Jul 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:

well they woudlnt have to for large parts of the season Plus the 4-2-3-1 thing isnt entirtely workign, we need a plan b for 4-4-2 and we dont have that at the mo.

Bergkamp off Henry was the best we've ever seen and we need soemthign like that again IMO

Make your mind up, First you say you need a world class reserve striker then you say you need to play 2 up front.
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

But you did say that.
wasnt talking to you, was referring to Eck

<<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0389531 seconds