corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What have you done to your car today?

New Poll
  <<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What have you done to your car today?
RichRu

User status: Offline
18th Aug 16 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaned it!

Ian W

18th Aug 16 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichRu
Cleaned it!

Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Aug 16 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Filled with coolant, replaced brake fluid and prepared for the clam refit tomorrow!

IMG_20160818_183904 by Kyle Townend, on Flickr

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
anthcorsa

18th Aug 16 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cleaned it!

Looks mint lad
RichRu

18th Aug 16 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers ant..Its far from mint it's got it's marks here and there but it's a 22 yr old gsi...I was thinking about selling and getting something else but I Don't think I could part with it lol
anthcorsa

19th Aug 16 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cheers ant..Its far from mint it's got it's marks here and there but it's a 22 yr old gsi...I was thinking about selling and getting something else but I Don't think I could part with it lol

I wouldn't bother mate, for what people want to pay for GSIs you'd struggle to find something as unique and rare. Plus you'd regret it, the night my old GSI went I went inside my house and nearly cried think I managed a month before I started looking again for one. Will be a while before I ever think about parting ways with my GSI, they're cool as fuck IMO
Ian W

19th Aug 16 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same for me really, was tempted to let mine go as I have had some silly offers for it but I think I would miss it. Only thing I really fancy instead is a Corrado and tbh, I feel like that is a little too close to the daily TT both being 2 door coupes to make it fun.
anthcorsa

19th Aug 16 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Same for me really, was tempted to let mine go as I have had some silly offers for it but I think I would miss it. Only thing I really fancy instead is a Corrado and tbh, I feel like that is a little too close to the daily TT both being 2 door coupes to make it fun.

What sort of offers you had like? Mines nearing MOT time now, just need a few more new bits for it then it'll be going to be painted.
Ian W

19th Aug 16 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W

What sort of offers you had like? Mines nearing MOT time now, just need a few more new bits for it then it'll be going to be painted.

Had offers nearing 4k mate, not that I take them seriously as you can't offer that kind of money for an old car without seeing it and I genuinely don't see an old Corsa being worth that much but I am confident that if I wanted it gone I could get a very good price.

I have quite a few mates who would love another Corsa GSi to relive there youth (as I do with mine) and everyone says they just don't come up for sale and if they do they are rot boxes.

It is staying with me anyway, I know I would regret selling it.
anthcorsa

19th Aug 16 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, that's tempting like Ian haha. Yeah same mate won't ever sell mine any time soon, when I sold my last one I tried buying it back, offered him 2.5k and he wouldn't sell it lol.

[Edited on 19-08-2016 by anthcorsa]
Ian W

19th Aug 16 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
Jesus, that's tempting like Ian haha. Yeah same mate won't ever sell mine any time soon, when I sold my last one I tried buying it back, offered him 2.5k and he wouldn't sell it lol.

[Edited on 19-08-2016 by anthcorsa]

I know haha. I take it with a pinch of salt though, so many people msg me on fb asking me how much and making me crazy offers, highly doubt any of them would actually materialise with the money if I wanted to sell.

I guess its a case that if someone wants one that bad you can name your price, can't remember the last time I seen a half decent GSi for sale, especially one MOT'd that you could just use.

anthcorsa

19th Aug 16 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know haha. I take it with a pinch of salt though, so many people msg me on fb asking me how much and making me crazy offers, highly doubt any of them would actually materialise with the money if I wanted to sell.

I guess its a case that if someone wants one that bad you can name your price, can't remember the last time I seen a half decent GSi for sale, especially one MOT'd that you could just use.

Yeah exactly, if someone wants anything bad enough they'll pay whatever you want. I haven't seen a GSI for sale in ages and i have saved searches on ebay etc and nothing ever comes up. Although, the other night my mate sent me an add for punto GT turbo on ebay and in the background of the pics was a GSI i'm so fucking sad i noticed haha.
jbguitarking

19th Aug 16 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried to fit my lower arms the BMW today, couldn't get a nut off and it was raining so packed up to try again another day, hopefully with a longer spanner.
Tiger

22nd Aug 16 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Failed it's MOT today, all speed bump related stuff seeing as they are fucking everywhere now! Needed 2 new front shocks and springs. £250 later........
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Aug 16 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it back together. Phew!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

22nd Aug 16 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it Kyle
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 16 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely clam you have mate
nathy_87

23rd Aug 16 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cleaned it!

[IMG]http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n552/Ruby581/6F3B51E4-2DA6-4BD7-A994-82573C4B0681_zpsxfzvejjs.jpg[IMG]

Nice looking GSi don't see many about now which is a shame.

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Filled with coolant, replaced brake fluid and prepared for the clam refit tomorrow!

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8254/29070308185_eaad5734a3_k.jpg[img]IMG_20160818_183904 by Kyle Townend, on Flickr

You have to take it apart just to refill that?

[Edited on 23-08-2016 by nathy_87]
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Aug 16 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Cleaned it!

[IMG]http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n552/Ruby581/6F3B51E4-2DA6-4BD7-A994-82573C4B0681_zpsxfzvejjs.jpg[IMG]

Nice looking GSi don't see many about now which is a shame.

quote:

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8254/29070308185_eaad5734a3_k.jpg[img]IMG_20160818_183904 by Kyle Townend, on Flickr

You have to take it apart just to refill that?

[Edited on 23-08-2016 by nathy_87]

Not to refill it, but to replace the radiator and get the clam repaired/resprayed I did.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nathy_87

23rd Aug 16 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not to refill it, but to replace the radiator and get the clam repaired/resprayed I did.

Ah fair enough. Was it easy to take off/put back on? Looks (to me) like a massive headache-jigsaw.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Aug 16 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not difficult, just had to take it slow and remember this car isn't put together by robots... so nothing lines up straight and they use massive wads of shims to line it all up right.... so need to remember where they all go!

Only had to cut/drill two rusted fixings... so could have been worse.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

23rd Aug 16 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to the dealers to get shafted for a few badges. £110 for 3

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Aug 16 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay badges are fine! I have them on mine and you can't tell the difference!
_Allan_

23rd Aug 16 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got some good copies off ebay for the Cupra too.
Couple of thin coats of clear lacquer also kept them looking tidy for longer.
RichRu

23rd Aug 16 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be mad paying £110 for them..you wouldn't tell the difference with an eBay special next to those

<<  94    95    96    97    98    99    100  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What have you done to your car today? 23 database queries in 0.0331810 seconds