corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  95    96    97    98    99    100    101  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Oct 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the graphics like on Xbox then, with the HD pack installed?
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty fucking sweet as it goes It actually plays a lot like Medal of Honor online! I can only assume it's because Dice made the multiplayer bit of that I find that a good thing as I really enjoyed MoH. All it needed was a lot more guns and destruction, which is exactly what we have
cunningham

29th Oct 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guns look so much better in bf3 than moh. Love all the attatchments. I like the fact its going more COD with guns and what not but still playing like a DICE game and not COD if that makes any sense
Eck
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found you could play MoH on your own and still enjoy it though. Like BC2, this is utter pish if you've got nobody with you.
Adam_B

29th Oct 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got this on Friday and played a bit, single player is pretty boring. Very forgettable characters and story, it misses B-Company and plays very similar to cod with waves of enemies until you pass a certain point.

Multiplayer is awesome, I think being able to spawn straight into vehicles is ace. You can tell there is a lot of people playing that are new to bf, ignoring objectives and not realising who are enemies/friendlies, I dont think its really any different from bfbc1+2.

well looking forward to karkland map
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot might dissapear when MW3 comes out

The 4 maps in the Karkand pack should add a bit more choice anyway, the maps looks brilliant.
LukesCorsaSXi

29th Oct 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone else noticed the insane amount of sun glare there is? I mean, you say theres an enemy up a hill in the direction of the sun, theres no chance you can get him as you can't see a bloody thing! Other than that, its fun so far
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glare definitely needs toning down
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont find glare that bad, its a good tool you can use when sniping (not that i do much of that mind) i wouldnt be against toning it down but there are other things id like to see sorted first.
mike56gte

30th Oct 11 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was right looking forward to this game but reading through this makes me not want to bother
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's still the best FPS of the last 5 or so years Mike
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea as danny says its still very good..

mike56gte

30th Oct 11 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye am still go get it but a think al just wait for my wee brother to buy it at some point. lol
Demo

30th Oct 11 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was on this for ages last night

strange how you would think it plays like COD but is completely different. i dont know if i prefer it yet as i havent played that much but i am a total fucking noob and was getting proper wound up by people sniping me on every single map last night
BarnshaW

30th Oct 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its extremely good, whilst its a completely different game to cod i like the way every game is different, the vehicles, the guns and shooting, the noises etc, i am very impressed with it and have almost had over 24 hours on it already
MarkM

30th Oct 11 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still don't fucking understand what I am doing in this. What the different colours on the maps are etc.
LukesCorsaSXi

30th Oct 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
I still don't fucking understand what I am doing in this. What the different colours on the maps are etc.

Blue and green arrows are your team, red are enemys. The skulls mark where a recent death occured.
BarnshaW

30th Oct 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had an awesome battle yesterday on kharg island, i was sat up on the hills with the sniper and kept having a one vs one sniper battle with someone on the other team, whenever one of us died we headed back up the mountains to find the other, was just awesome fun
Russ

30th Oct 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats the thing that BF2 had, you could just go and have a little battle against the same class in your own little corner of the map.
Sunz

30th Oct 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
It's still the best FPS of the last 5 or so years Mike

Fanboy alert, when you make a massive topic and follow something so much it's hard to admit it's not as great as expected.

Tf2
Borderlands
Stalker :Call of Pripyat
Bfbc2
L4d series
Bioshock games
If you went back a bit more stuff like hl2 and css would destroy bf3.

So It's now where near the best fps for the last 5 years or so.

E: all based apon pc of course.
Game is bloody good but origin is awful and I liked bfbc2 a lot better.
I would even add Metro 2033 on my list there, isn't a long game and no multiplayer but its still great.

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by Sunz]

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by Sunz]
BarnshaW

30th Oct 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still cant fly a jet or helicopter properly, just cannot get my head around it at all, any tips?
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've managed 30 seconds of continuous flight before hitting the deck
BarnshaW

30th Oct 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fucking horrible eck, you get in the jet, fly up and turn, you think your turning quick but when you finally turn around your about 2 miles away from the map
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And a thousand feet in the air I'm getting really pissed off with the amount of hardcore servers there are though. I had to go in a core one because there was none and core is fucking pish.
BarnshaW

30th Oct 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you can change the filter on the server list to show hardcore only?

<<  95    96    97    98    99    100    101  >>

New Poll