corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  95    96    97    98    99    100    101  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
6th Jul 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
quote:

Is Gervinho good enough? No. Am I pissed off at this potential deal? Extremely! We need a world class 2nd striker to support for WHEN RVP IS injured (i.e. at least 1/3 - 1/2 of every season) and this just isnt good enough. Not a greta goalscoring record, 15 this seaosn as Lille dominated league and cup and little before then. Undoubetdly another greedy African with a big ego (chekc out the fkn hair for further proof). Veyr very disappointed if this is the best wenger can do

What 'World class' striker is going to sit on the bench at Arsenal?
well they woudlnt have to for large parts of the season Plus the 4-2-3-1 thing isnt entirtely workign, we need a plan b for 4-4-2 and we dont have that at the mo.

Bergkamp off Henry was the best we've ever seen and we need soemthign like that again IMO

Make your mind up, First you say you need a world class reserve striker then you say you need to play 2 up front.
I said we need a world class 2nd striekr to support RVP. I also said we need a plan b for 4-4-2 as the whole 4-2-3-1 thing isnt working, somehting like bergkamp playing off Henry is what we need... i.e. another class forward/striker playing off RVP but who can also fill in as a 2 man full on attack when needed. we dont lack goals per se, but we do lack the strength in attack when we need a goal in the latter stages etc., weve not enough battling forward for a draw or that winning goal etc. IMO
Terry12

quote:
quote:
quote:
Im not saying that, but this is a very uninspiring potential signing at a time when the media are painting a massive crisis at the club. In no way will it improve the side and it stops us from going after someone we really need

But you did say that.
wasnt talking to you, was referring to Eck

Ok chief
strick206

quote:
Im not saying that, but this is a very uninspiring potential signing at a time when the media are painting a massive crisis at the club. In no way will it improve the side and it stops us from going after someone we really need

TBH you have got a stupid signing in this Gervinho but that Alverez geezer for another £10million, i havent seen much of him but he wasnt getting in his old clubs team never mind being good enough for arsenal
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Then again looking back through Gervinho's career FUCKING LOL
Season Team League Games Goals Yellow Red
2010/2011 LOSC Lille Métropole Ligue 1 35 15 4 1
2009/2010 LOSC Lille Métropole Ligue 1 32 13 4 0
2009/2010 Le Mans FC Ligue 1 0 0 0 0
2008/2009 Le Mans FC Ligue 1 33 7 5 0
2007/2008 Le Mans FC Ligue 1 26 2 0 0

Look at that goalscoring record ..... IN FRANCE
reaosnable the last 2 years to be fair, crap prior to that. But as you say, in France which isnt the greatest standard. Little on the int'l stage too iirc
Carl

6th Jul 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member

Blackpool pipped Barnsley to the post when buying Adams, true story.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:

But you did say that.

It wasn't aimed at you anyway mate, I was just doing it for the kneejerker before he arrives
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

I don't understand buying him without looking at the other geezer who scored 25 goals and is younger, less assists but appears to be a proper striker and would be worth more of a gamble would he not?

Wenger is gone imo, somehow keeping his job and losing all the team, if nasri and fabregas go i can see RVP going
Robbo

quote:
quote:

TBH you have got a stupid signing in this Gervinho but that Alverez geezer for another £10million, i havent seen much of him but he wasnt getting in his old clubs team never mind being good enough for arsenal
? He was the lynchpin of Velez Sarsfield form what ive read PLuis Inter have now signed him. Again though and in any case, not good enoguh either for what theyw ere tlakign about him for.

Fabregas is gonna go yeah, looking very likely. That means Nasri can play centre as he wants and whioch is where he did ALL his best work this season and why he was player of the month 2/3 times in a row or whatever. but wenegr must then spend all the cahs from barca plus whatevre else to build the rest. gervinho and alvarez arent good enouygh. cahill and samba look good for CB but not convincved for the money they want. I'd prefer us to sign Jagielka and Baines to add some steel and understanding in defence, alongside vermaelen, djorou and koscielny i think we have a good basis there. there reall arent that many superb defenders out there that we could go for.
Hammer

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Paul, I will stab you

Edit: But yes, he really wasn't good for us But come on, that man is absolutely useless as a winger Just sums up some of the errors our managers have made over the years. Advocaat played Gattuso as a right back, where he was brutal ffs

[Edited on 06-07-2011 by Eck]

In fairness on the EPL scale I would say he is worth double the figure being touted.

His end product is the equal of any centre mid in the EPL.
Terry12

Out of interest what was Henrys strike rate in France? I know it was crap in Italy as he was played as a winger.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is Gervinho good enough? No. Am I pissed off at this potential deal? Extremely! We need a world class 2nd striker to support for WHEN RVP IS injured (i.e. at least 1/3 - 1/2 of every season) and this just isnt good enough. Not a greta goalscoring record, 15 this seaosn as Lille dominated league and cup and little before then. Undoubetdly another greedy African with a big ego (chekc out the fkn hair for further proof). Veyr very disappointed if this is the best wenger can do

well they woudlnt have to for large parts of the season Plus the 4-2-3-1 thing isnt entirtely workign, we need a plan b for 4-4-2 and we dont have that at the mo.

Bergkamp off Henry was the best we've ever seen and we need soemthign like that again IMO

Make your mind up, First you say you need a world class reserve striker then you say you need to play 2 up front.
I said we need a world class 2nd striekr to support RVP. I also said we need a plan b for 4-4-2 as the whole 4-2-3-1 thing isnt working, somehting like bergkamp playing off Henry is what we need... i.e. another class forward/striker playing off RVP but who can also fill in as a 2 man full on attack when needed. we dont lack goals per se, but we do lack the strength in attack when we need a goal in the latter stages etc., weve not enough battling forward for a draw or that winning goal etc. IMO

Obviously he couldn't lace Bergkamp's boots, but playing Nasri off of RVP could have a decent effect (if they keep him). He can finish, is very clever and can create a lot!

Edit: Or dare I say it... Arshavin When playing through the middle for Zenit he was fucking brilliant.

Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you did say that.

It wasn't aimed at you anyway mate, I was just doing it for the kneejerker before he arrives
i knows lol
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Obviously he couldn't lace Bergkamp's boots, but playing Nasri off of RVP could have a decent effect (if they keep him). He can finish, is very clever and can create a lot!
potentially agreed aye, but leave a whole in midfield... mayube rambo ( ) cna fill it. also, time to convert walcott to striekr so maybe he could do it too but wither way...
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Paul, I will stab you

Edit: But yes, he really wasn't good for us But come on, that man is absolutely useless as a winger Just sums up some of the errors our managers have made over the years. Advocaat played Gattuso as a right back, where he was brutal ffs

In fairness on the EPL scale I would say he is worth double the figure being touted.

His end product is the equal of any centre mid in the EPL.

He's as slow as the cycle of life itself, but he can't have pass a ball and his set pieces are amazing. He would be worth half as much in the SPL, but as you say, the prices in the EPL are mental
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Out of interest what was Henrys strike rate in France? I know it was crap in Italy as he was played as a winger.
he wasnt at monaco for that long as a first team player but i assume it was good as he got into the france 98 squad off the back of it and Juve paid £11m for him in 98 which was a fair old bit back then
Hammer

I've only seen Henderson play a few times but from what I've seen (and even taking into account his age and nationality) he isn't fit to lace Adam's boots.
Robbo

quote:
I don't understand buying him without looking at the other geezer who scored 25 goals and is younger, less assists but appears to be a proper striker and would be worth more of a gamble would he not?

Wenger is gone imo, somehow keeping his job and losing all the team, if nasri and fabregas go i can see RVP going
pass, maybe hes not seen enough of him to think he'll be consistent (could argue same for gervinho tho too)
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

potentially agreed aye, but leave a whole in midfield... mayube rambo ( ) cna fill it. also, time to convert walcott to striekr so maybe he could do it too but wither way...

This is the last time I quote this bit as it's getting too long But see my edit... Arshavin played in that position for Zenit and was awesome. I don't think he's an effective winger. Bit lazy but maybe being played in the middle will make the meerkat prick happy
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

He played on the wing didnt he?

Also he wasnt 27 and was only young
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I've only seen Henderson play a few times but from what I've seen (and even taking into account his age and nationality) he isn't fit to lace Adam's boots.

I didn't want to say it. Couldn't be arsed with the repercussions He looked brutal in the U21(?) Championships.
mwg

6th Jul 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

Basically Arsenal should just close down, I think that's the vibes I'm getting here.
strick206

6th Jul 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

pass, maybe hes not seen enough of him to think he'll be consistent (could argue same for gervinho tho too)

Just looked in to him, one season wonder atm, will have to see what he is like again this year
Terry12

6th Jul 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

He played on the wing didnt he?

Also he wasnt 27 and was only young

But if anyone can transform a player it is Wenger. Just look at Vieira and Petit.
Robbo

6th Jul 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

IMO those days are long gone. building young talent and buyinmg experienced players is more his bag now. so much harder to find a "diamond in the rough" these days IMO
Terry12

6th Jul 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
he wasnt at monaco for that long as a first team player but i assume it was good as he got into the france 98 squad off the back of it and Juve paid £11m for him in 98 which was a fair old bit back then

5 seasons at Monaco before he signed for Juve, Scored 20 league goals in 102 league games in France. According to Football Manager anyway.

<<  95    96    97    98    99    100    101  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0386569 seconds