corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sub not workin

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sub not workin
AndyCorsaC

User status: Offline
25th Sep 03 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently just fitted amp and twin sub and the amp has no power goin to it and i've checked the wires and everyting is ok does anyone have any suggestions
t44rnt

25th Sep 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u wired up the amp to your battery?
Foz

25th Sep 03 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check fuses, especially the live. And the earth!
Baz-Zico

25th Sep 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, i had the same prob, found out it wasnt earthed properly, where have u earthed urs 2?
Greasemonkey

25th Sep 03 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure where you earth the amp you sand the paint inside down to the metal so you get a good contact, if its not coming on your remote from the head unit might be the problem, if not the above then fuse
DODG-E

25th Sep 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh happened to me loads when ive put my mates subs in, nearly always the earth mate!
3CorsaMeal

25th Sep 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u connected the remote wire to tell it to turn on?
Bart

25th Sep 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

things you can do to check:

1, presumably you've got a fuse on the power lead coming off your battery, and this lead has a fuse in the engine end, check thats not blown.

2, Next, wire it all up to how you think its wired correctly.

3, Turn the engine on, is there power to your amp? (should have a power light somewhere on your amp?)
Well we know that your main power lead is working so check your earth lead. This should be screwed to your chasis or where your rear clusters are screwed in, scratch away any paint where u'd screw it down, paint isnt a good conductor

Amp still not on?
Take a small piece of wire (roughly a 3mm wire would be ok, same size as the wire coming off your headunit to your amp), and connect this to your amp, from the 12V+ to the remoted Side (prolly located next to the + and -) dont worry about blowing anything cos you wont.
Both of the connections on your amps are 12V, it uses the remote 12V (from your headunit) to initially startup your amplifier, and the thicker 12V lead coming off your battery is used as a constant 12V supply to keep the amp running.

If the amp now starts up then you've got a problem with the remote wire at the headunit end, look at your manual and check you've connected the remote wire to the correct wire off your headunit (usually blue).

By now your amp should be working.. if not i'd say its fuked.

Im sure you know how to wire the subs up

hope this all helps... i can certainly think of better ways to waste 10 mins than typing an essay!

New Poll