corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any point of having one of these......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any point of having one of these......
Sims

User status: Offline
9th Oct 03 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A gear stick/Handbrake lock....

or a steering wheel lock?

Mine looks radio-active which might scare off a few car thiefs or fry the more daring ones
Kerry

9th Oct 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a steerin wheel lock they are category three thatcham approved

aparantly those gearstick ones can be removed in seconds but i suppose it adds to the overall security
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 03 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep the handbrake lever ones can be removed by simply unscrewing the gear knob, done it loads of times
Sims

9th Oct 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. Yeah i saw a program back and said it takes them like 30 secs to remove. They are buggers thiefs.

Yeah kerry i guess it all adds to prevention of a thief getting away with your car in a hurrey.

Which steering wheel locks are best?
jr

9th Oct 03 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u ever tried removing the gear nob on a corsa b, it's a bastard at the best of times, can't see thives bring a kettle and hairdryer to melt it off

[Edited on 09-10-2003 by jr]
Kerry

9th Oct 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since gettin my car lowered i cant put my car down drive and i couldnt sleep at night

i priced an alarm and was talkin atleast £200 fitted....

priced a disklock and was £68 and i have since seen places with them cheaper. i feel safer knowin its on my car but at the end of the day if they want it and are proffesional they will take it. all u can do really is delay them in hope they will either be deterred or seen/heard before its too late

the one i have is a silver disklok. on the box it says its thatcham approved category 3 and has a 3 year guarantee
Kerry

9th Oct 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/home.html

link for ya
Sims

9th Oct 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'm spending £400 on a alarm being fitted monday. Yeah i'd feel safer with this because its going to slow the gits down. But i know a pro would be off with my car if he really wanted it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any point of having one of these...... 23 database queries in 0.2031510 seconds