corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice needed...b4 money is wasted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice needed...b4 money is wasted
stevegreetham

User status: Offline
30th Oct 03 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, for my 1.2 8 valve ( dont laff, i'm only 17 and hav bin driving 2 weeks) i think i am going to get a full exhaust system, which make/brand? powerflow custom systems have been recomended to me. also, possibly a pipercross viper ( from my m8s car) ...if this isnt possible then what make/brand do u guys recomend? also, from a m8s car sum piper fast road cams.
on a previous post, de cat-ing the car was recomended, what does this actually involve, is it worth it and will my car still b ok come mot time?
what else can be done? thx alot,n thx 4 ur time, steve
Luke1.4

30th Oct 03 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used 2 have a 1.2 8v and it is never going 2 b fast so i wouldnt recommend throwing money at it on performance parts. If you de cat it will fail its mot you would have 2 put the cat back on b4 mot and hope the police dont pull you and do a emissions test. if i was you i would jus look at a nice b/box unless you current system is nakered or you will be keeping the car a long time because then a full system could save you money in future.

Jus my opinion,

Luke
stevegreetham

31st Oct 03 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh rite, ok m8. did u do anything to urs wen u had it? i know its never going to be fast but wiv a lil work it can b faster than wot it is atm. wen i am a lil bit older, if i still have it i wil throw a 1.6 engine in but the insurance atm wil b far 2 high. is the de cat process easy then? and is it easy to get bk on? wot appens if the police do one of their tests? i mean av bin pulled over once already n have bin only driving 2 weeks. post bk, steve
Luke1.4

31st Oct 03 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i didnt do anything 2 mine when i had it. If i was you i would consentrate on styling your car and the in a yr or 2 put a 1.6 or 2.0l engine in. I dont know about how easy a decat is to swap but it shouldnt b that hard. The police could pull you for an emission test unlikely but there is a chance. TBH i dont think it would be worth the hassle for the increase you will get and as it says in the title B4 you waste money i would say it was a waste

New Poll