corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Salvage Car Auctions..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Salvage Car Auctions..
Rainesie

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 03 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say i wanted to buy a car from an auction, i undertsand that there is a 3% commission (from the one i'm going to anyway) that has to be added onto the value of the bid and then things like deposit if i'm not taking it that day etc.

Do i have to include VAT onto a bid?? So if i'm looking at a car i have to consider.....

1) Bid value
2) 3% Commission
3) VAT
-Aliba-

2nd Nov 03 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the auction house mate.

Some use the format of % commission, and some use a stated fee e.g. 150 bucks.

Also, to my knowledge most if not all already have VAT included on the auction price, but yet again..... better check to make sure first.

So your "winning bid" of say 1000 DOESN'T inlcude the additional fee (commission & admin exp..)
Rainesie

2nd Nov 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So just ask them. The webpage i was looking at had a catagory with the car details which was +VAT and it had no next to it.

I assume it means add VAT.
-Aliba-

2nd Nov 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends where the "+VAT" was stated and how it was stated.

Have a browse throught their FAQ or help pages. Should tell you there.

Or gimme a link to a page with it and i'll help ya.
Richie

2nd Nov 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this is Universal Auctions/Salvage i give up trying to find out the total price

We go to the Westbury one quite often.
Rainesie

2nd Nov 03 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand about the registering before buying and about the online bidding, i'm not going to do it online, i'm going in person just need to work out my budget thats why i've got these questions about the VAT.

http://www.universal-salvage.com/salvage_sandy.asp

There is nothing inparticular off that page that i'm looking at.
-Aliba-

3rd Nov 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i havent a clue with that site. Very unclear as to what it means. No help anywhere regarding vat on the site!
Rainesie

3rd Nov 03 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

" A commission fee of 3% plus VAT must be paid on all purchases of vehicle salvage, on part-exchange vehicles 5% plus VAT of the sale price (minimum £10, maximum £75) at the time of initial payment, irrespective of whether a deposit is being left or the full payment is being made. This commission is strictly non-refundable. Any waiver of this commission charge is at the discretion of Universal. "

It is subject to VAT. 3% and VAT on winning bid so £500 is really £605.12 for example.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Salvage Car Auctions.. 23 database queries in 0.0116100 seconds